Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Christ if $40 is cheap for a stream how much does it cost for a ticket to the actual event? $40 is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination for a stream of what is a massive game advert. It's funny how nobody paid any money for the stream of the PS4 or Xbone announcements, or coverage from other gaming events.

Blizzard is bending you over and bumraping you and you're taking it willingly.
    People like you don't look at the full picture and just the title.

You are not paying $xx for "just a stream"

I totaly agree with you. The steam must me free for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of doing it until I saw the price, too much for what it is IMO, even with the goodies...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Sony didn't charge for their stream because they didn't pay for e3, Blizzcon is entirely self-funded

they were funded by in-game purchases, Blizzard could certainly have gone the route of adding limited time Blizzcon-funding items to the store but they chose to use this one instead
    which also supplies in-game items, coincidentally
    TI1 was not funded by in game purchases because they did not exist then, TI2 did not have any items to directly pay for it and TI3 was annouced as free before the compendium, for all the knew it could not have sold well at all (i did not expect it would be so succesful)

So 2/3 valve paid for.

Deleted
    Should be free to subscribers (minus the rewards). That pricing is fucking disgusting they just know they can get away with it.

Sony didn't charge for their stream because they didn't pay for e3, Blizzcon is entirely self-funded

they were funded by in-game purchases, Blizzard could certainly have gone the route of adding limited time Blizzcon-funding items to the store but they chose to use this one instead
    which also supplies in-game items, coincidentally
    An entirely self funded advert for their games and merchandise, entirely self funded aside from ticket prices and hilariously high prices for "virtual tickets". Let me buy a ticket so I can listen to your sales pitch of the game you're going to sell me, why dont I buy some stuffed toys and a warcraft poster while I'm at it.

Blizzcon is a massive advert for their products. It's where blizzard con you into paying $40 to watch a game advert.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    TI1 was not funded by in game purchases because they did not exist then, TI2 did not have any items to directly pay for it and TI3 was annouced as free before the compendium, for all the knew it could not have sold well at all (i did not expect it would be so succesful)

So 2/3 valve paid for.
    TI1 was funded by Gamescom, it wasn't an independent event.

Blizzcon costs them money
    Why would they give it to you for free?

Don't tell me you're so stupid and clueless as to think that "loyalty" and "awareness" are enough to justify spending their money on you
    What are you trying to argue? I said $40 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No, You get sweet rewards that's worth 5x the amount in a few years. x)
    The ingame goodies suppose to be a bonus, for ordering the stream, not something I have to buy together with it no matter what. And for that, it's way too expensive. At least Blizzard isn't that greedy, and you can watch the important stuff, like revealing of the new WoW and maybe Star Craft addon, for free.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Should be free to subscribers (minus the rewards). That pricing is fucking disgusting they just know they can get away with it.
    So what is the problem? What does the ticket include?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    What are you trying to argue? I said $40 is fine.
    So did I!
    I'll just assume you were quoting the wrong person when you quoted me saying "$40 is fine" and said:

Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Do you understand how a for-profit business works?

Deleted
    Well we make an event out of it with some friends watching it all the way through the night so its worth it to us. And if you invite people over that are also interested in the blizzcon you could even charge them a small amount. (We dont as i said we are watching with our friends) We will have food ready and have a great time all weekend. So i dont think its overpriced. Here it cost 30 euro to watch blizzcon. by now we would each pay that amount of money to go to the movies. (movietickets are between 11 and 16 euro here depends on lenght and if it is 3D, then the train ticket to the cinema and something to eat it can go up to 50 euro for each person to go to the movies.)

No the stream is not too much money and people need to get this "gimme gimme gimme" mentality out of their heads, preferably now. Blizzard does not "owe" you a free live stream of BlizzCon if you can't afford to go there in person. $40 is not that much money in the long run, it's like two dvds and you can go back and watch the livestream again at your leisure in case there was more than one panel happening at the same time that you wanted to watch.

To me this seems like a good deal.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Yes its too much, should be like on twitch. Free in low res, payable for high res.

People here are obviously excited about Blizzcon or they wouldn't want to watch it anyway
    Calling it "paying to be advertised to" means either you aren't interested in the stream in the first place, so it being free is irrelevant, or you just don't like paying for thing that you actually do in fact enjoy

which is understandable but not really justifiable

They should lower the price to 20$. Think thats a fair price.

So did I!
    I'll just assume you were quoting the wrong person when you quoted me saying "$40 is fine" and said:
    I indeed did quote the wrong person. My bad.

Deleted
    If you paid this im sorry but you got scammed its ridiculous not to mention there will be uploads of this the next day. All you're doing by buying this is giving them the go ahead to charge for more stuff in the future because they know they can get away with it. Just like the store items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    So what is the problem? What does the ticket include?
    They are charging the price of an entire expansion just to watch their convention. It should of been a fun event they could share with their loyal subscribers but instead they chose to prioritise ripping off and exploiting weak people who have to have the blizzcon pet and can't wait for uploads of their game reveals. You really can't see anything wrong with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you understand how a for-profit business works?
    They could of got a lot more money imo from charging at a reduced price. I can see a lot of people not paying for this and being outraged. The same amout as a expansion pack to watch their live stream is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the freeloaders a little butt hurt? That's fine.. Grow up and learn how pretty much everything in life costs money.

The $40.00 for the 2 day event combined with the goodies, it's completely reasonable and actually dirt cheap.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."