Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am(was) playing horde and I'm also thinking it's a little bit awkward to let orcs be the main hero/antagonist in an expansion apparently three times in a row. BUT I think people should stay a little bit more neutral towards the theme of the expansion because back in 2011 I didn't think that I would like MoP, but for me it turned out to be a very interesting story, the only part I didn't like about MoP was the ending-cutscene :/

I am really excited for Blizzcon right now

The main thing that I don't get is why would they introduce time travel when there are already tons of plot holes left that need filling. N'zoth, Azshara, etc. are more important IMO than showing us what we already know. That and as I've stated in similar threads while I enjoy time travel, it's easy to just mess it all up by retconning your existing lore, or making what you've done feel meaningless since it's in the past and had no bearing on the future (to quote Chrono Trigger: "But the future refused to change"). Don't get me wrong, I think at time travel expansion COULD be fun, but they're going to have to make sure that they don't use it to just retcon away things that don't fit in (unless that's their point).

It just seems a bit... odd for an entire expansion built around time travel, at least at this point in time; I could see a time travel patch to retcon things if they really were going to have a WoW 2 as they could rewrite history for that (similar to EQ2 or even FFXIV's revamps) but we have no idea if that will ever happen and even if it did, it's at least another expansion away if not more so trying this now would be premature.

A patch involving time travel? Sure, that would be fun. But a year and a half or more of basically reenacting events that have already transpired or dealing with characters that are already long dead in the present? I'm not so sure. This could go really well, or really poorly. Also I question the decision of putting orcs/garrosh/grom back in the spotlight yet again. The game is about more than just orcs. Orcs are cool and all but to come from a raid where you are mostly fighting orcs, to an expansion where you are mostly dealing with (and fighting? No idea yet) orcs is not only going to leave a sour taste but it will start up yet again with all of the "Horde bias" nonsense.

So in short: If legit for WoW, brace yourselves. This will either be amazingly good, or awfully bad. It could go either way. Some time travel concepts do end up pretty sweet (see: Doctor Who, Chrono Trigger).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so tired of orc lore.

I don't hate Thrall, but he dominated Cataclysm.

Garrosh isn't even as cool, and he dominated MoP beginning with the Operation Shieldwall Patch.

Now Garrosh is going to go jump into the Caverns of Time, decide to screw with timelines, and be a focus of the next expansion too?

I'm not even against time travel, I'm just sick and tired of orcs.

Why can't we have some good Night Elven lore? Maybe explore the ancient Eldre'Thalas.
    Or perhaps we could venture into the history of Dath'Remar, or Evenshade. Maybe some Tirisfal/Guardian lore. Or perhaps a Draenei focused expansion since they're left out of so much? Instead of it being about orcs, why not about Velen's struggle against the might of his brothers' corruption?

There's so much in WoW, and all we keep getting is orcs. Sure they might put a panda in front of you, but wedged underneath that panda is an orc.

Can Tyrande do -something-? Velen do -something-? Dath'Remar do -something-? Sylvanis do -something-? Each time the expansion focuses on one character, the others just stand at the back of the stage as dark silhouettes. Come on Blizzard, improve on this!

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Can Tyrande do -something-? Velen do -something-? Dath'Remar do -something-? Sylvanis do -something-? Each time the expansion focuses on one character, the others just stand at the back of the stage as dark silhouettes. Come on Blizzard, improve on this!
    The only thing Tyrande needs to do is die so that better Night Elf characters can be put in her place.

10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh isn't even as cool, and he dominated MoP beginning with the Operation Shieldwall Patch.

Now Garrosh is going to go jump into the Caverns of Time, decide to screw with timelines, and be a focus of the next expansion too?

Why can't we have some good Night Elven lore? Maybe explore the ancient Eldre'Thalas.
    Or perhaps we could venture into the history of Dath'Remar, or Evenshade. Maybe some Tirisfal/Guardian lore. Or perhaps a Draenei focused expansion since they're left out of so much? Instead of it being about orcs, why not about Velen's struggle against the might of his brothers' corruption?

There's so much in WoW, and all we keep getting is orcs. Sure they might put a panda in front of you, but wedged underneath that panda is an orc.

This :/ i totally agree with you...and i'll add Geen too. He was awesome in Gilneas quests, but after leaving it, he is just a puppet in Varian's throne room. He did nothing at all, for 2 expansions now. Same with Worgen/Gilneans.

Deleted
    Night Elves were tree huggers from the start of WoW, do you think they will change it now? WoW will always be focused on the war.. and yes, between Orcs and Humans.

Where does it say that Warlords of Draenor is WoW expansion? I still can't see it.

Deleted
    Do you guys think that's a hint? "...it's on a ceremonial stand in Thrall's dwelling. He looks at it every day... I think he suspects he'll need it again..." <- Again. Tweeted by Metzen on the 23 September (!). But maybe I'm just reading too much into the Statement and Thrall in exactly said Armor representing WoW on the Blizzcon Banners and the new Expansion in the Beta Sign-Up.^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It just occurred to me but this has to be WoW, Blizz wouldn't trademark an expansion to a free to play card game. That would be like trademarking content patches. Either WoW or a surprise Warcraft IV, which I doubt although I'd love that.

I won't argue against or for this being the next expansion. I am not sure i like time travel as the main story line for an expansion, there are too many problems involving time travel in an mmo. I am hoping we search for clues to the whereabouts of the burning legion and to find out how we can defeat the legion, by trailing in the footsteps of the orc warlords joining them. Not trough time travel, but by searching important and relevant locations in Draenor and Azeroth.

Deleted

We don't even know what's happening as of now the Trademark and Name are likely legit. But none of the speculation concerning the Content of the Expansion has to be true. Most of them are LIKELY fakes or wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caewyr View Post
    Am I the only person in the entire universe who realizes the mobile aspect covers laptop computers or are people just willfully ignoring it.
    Its not wilful ignorance. They didn't include mobile devices for their other games (which can be played on laptops also) so why would they now?

Or are you being wilfully ignorant of that? /twists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Night Elves were tree huggers from the start of WoW, do you think they will change it now? WoW will always be focused on the war.. and yes, between Orcs and Humans.

Where does it say that Warlords of Draenor is WoW expansion? I still can't see it.
    As a race, Night Elves are the most war-mongering and aggressive faction of the Alliance. They hate the Orcs and most of the conflict with the Orcs is on their home turf.

Deleted
    I have a genuine question. The Chinese government band time travel in media. I don't know if this is still in affect, but would it raise issues if this is an entire time travel expansion? I'm not sure what the extent of this "ban" is, exactly.

I just wish we could go back to the traditional "Horde vs Alliance" theme from Warcraft 1 and 2.
    I'm tired of Old Gods, Titans, Burning Legion and Dragons

But i know i won't see anything like that. Most likely we will see another xpack were most factions do nothing while Varian, Thrall, Garrosh and Jaina will get all the attention.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    You guy should probably should hit the back button on this thread and read my first post. But I guess it's easier just to bash me without getting the facts on what I said to spark his frenzy.
    Oh, I did, and you're still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The main thing that I don't get is why would they introduce time travel when there are already tons of plot holes left that need filling. N'zoth, Azshara, etc. are more important IMO than showing us what we already know.A patch involving time travel? Sure, that would be fun. But a year and a half or more of basically reenacting events that have already transpired or dealing with characters that are already long dead in the present? I'm not so sure.
    It sounds awful, from a story telling standpoint, especially with Wrathion talking about the Legion constantly.

Also I question the decision of putting orcs/garrosh/grom back in the spotlight yet again. The game is about more than just orcs. Orcs are cool and all but to come from a raid where you are mostly fighting orcs, to an expansion where you are mostly dealing with (and fighting? No idea yet) orcs is not only going to leave a sour taste but it will start up yet again with all of the "Horde bias" nonsense.
    If it goes the way it did in MoP, Orcs are going to get the villain bat harder than BC, and that'll be fucking awful.

So in short: If legit for WoW, brace yourselves. This will either be amazingly good, or awfully bad. It could go either way. Some time travel concepts do end up pretty sweet (see: Doctor Who, Chrono Trigger).
    I don't have much faith.

So are most Orc Fans...

Quit being ignorant, Thrall hardly dominated Cataclysm, honestly, we saw more of Tirion Fordring in Wrath. Critical Thinking skills are good, forum bandwagons are bad.

Garrosh didn't dominate Isle of Thunder, though. Also, what do you expect, they wanted Garrosh to serve as the main antagonist for the expansion.

I'm just sick and tired of orcs.
    Like I said, so are most Orc fans, currently Blizzard loves hitting them with the villain bat, so I doubt next expansion will be much different, if that Chinese site/Trademark info turns out to be 100% correct.

Or perhaps a Draenei focused expansion since they're left out of so much?
    Draenei feel left out now, but they dominated BC it felt like. (Capital is a Draenei city, Raid is a Draenei city, Draenei towns everywhere, Broken Draenei helping you kill Illidan, homeworld of the Orcs is named after Draenei, a Draenei is the key to Blood Elf Salvation, three rep factions are predominantly Draenei, with a third to a lesser extent [Sha'tari Skyguard, Sha'tar, Aldor, Lower City {Broken}])

To be fair, that panda was quite controversial, and many still don't like "it". Also Orcs are apparently Blizzard's go-to race for villains (Considering how many we killed in SoO)

Can Tyrande do -something-?
    She was in a scenario, they wrote her exactly how she was in WCIII and people threw a fit, they also put her in SoO and people don't like her voice.

Velen do -something-?
    Velen was teaching Anduin and probably has a huge part to play in the BL expansion, not to mention he's already saved the Blood Elves....

Dath'Remar do -something-?
    Dath'remar is dead....he can't do much in that state....

Sylvanis do -something-?
    Sylvanas HAS been doing things: Recruiting the Val'kyr, waging a war against Gilneas, conquering former territories of Lordaeron, trying to reforge Trol'kalar, expanding her usage of the Plague, showing up alongside Lor'themar in SoO, and just generally being a pain in the ass for every other Horde leader...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwii156 View Post
    I have a genuine question. The Chinese government band time travel in media. I don't know if this is still in affect, but would it raise issues if this is an entire time travel expansion? I'm not sure what the extent of this "ban" is, exactly.
    I doubt they'd be bothered by time travel in a fictional setting. Pretty sure it's only time travel involving Earth history that gets their panties in a twist.

She was in a scenario, they wrote her exactly how she was in WCIII and people threw a fit, they also put her in SoO and people don't like her voice.
    WCIII Tyrande would've known to use the terrain to her advantage, not charged blindly into a trap a 3-year-old would've spotted.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2013-11-05 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's "out of beta" or not. They are gonna add more heroes and cards to the game within the next year.
    So you think it's all for a card pack? not an actual expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    So you think it's all for a card pack? not an actual expansion?
    Day one Booster packs aren't unheard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Wildberry: Not ignorant. We followed Thrall around, ran all his errands. He got the glory for wrapping up Deathwing while all we did was beat on tentacles. We did his quest line, saw him bone Aggra, and so on. Thrall didn't start off Cata, but I don't know how you could argue that he was the "good guy"

I meant Dath'Remar's story, as in, if we're going to do caverns of time stuff, let's do something cool. When he led the highborne away from the Night Elves that was a pretty big deal.

Anyway my rant was hoping to prod Murphy's Law into making a lot of this speculation not come to pass. I generally enjoy what Blizzard cooks up even when it's bad, but chasing Garrosh through time is just a type of dead horse beating I'm going to dislike.

Also if Sylvanas is doing so much, how come the Alliance isn't aware of it in some way? By doing -something- I think maybe she can actually do -something- as in, the world knows about it. But at least she's working on stuff I guess. Maybe if all the attention wasn't on orcs, we'd see the fruits of her labor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Sylvanas HAS been doing things: Recruiting the Val'kyr, waging a war against Gilneas, conquering former territories of Lordaeron, trying to reforge Trol'kalar, expanding her usage of the Plague, showing up alongside Lor'themar in SoO, and just generally being a pain in the ass for every other Horde leader...
    Yeah...Gilneas is stated to be EMPTY atm..so no war there. Unfortunately. The Gilneans vs Forsaken conflit, is MY FAVOURITE in WoW. It's just awesome.
    An ongoing battle outside a rebuilt Greymane Wall, damn, just imagine that.

Don't you agree that Worgen are left out since their introduce in Cataclysm? Don't they need some love? Just give them back Gilneas. The area is there already. Fill it with npcs, and rebuild Gilneas City/Wall. Make this conflit continue Blizz, come on..