Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would just love to see Warcraft VI. That would also propably leave something to look forward in WoW, just like there was LK from W3, getting to that point and killing him in WoW felt like something i was aiming to accomplish since finishing W3 and starting on WoW.

There can be only one RTS from blizzard at a time.
    We won't see WC4 until Legacy of the Void is released and until wow is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Good point.

I always thought that a Warcraft IV would be awesome between expansions. Something like:
    WC1-->WC2(+exp)--->WC3(+exp)--->Vanilla wow---->BC---->Wrath--->Cataclysm--->MoP--->WCIV--->WoW exp 5.

Why I thought that? Let's see the possible clients of this WC IV:
    -7M players of wow, that want to jump to exp.5, and they want to know what happened between exp 5 and MoP.
    -RTS funs: People that bought SC/WC and are funs of RTS (and don't care about WoW).
    -exWoW players that liked warcraft (they played wow but only liked the Wc rts games).
    -Other people that un-sub during Cata/MoP that want to know what is happening in the warcraft lore.

And looking for the competence of other RTS games, Blizzard is really high on the list at this moment.
    And doing this, you are creating more possible clients to wow (people that don't play wow, but will try If they likes WCIV story).

------------------------------------------->MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it's just an speculation, but would be an awesome financial tactic in the future.
    While there are certainly a large number of people who would be overjoyed at the release of WC4, it won't be a good financial tactic to release WC4 instead of a WoW expansion. The majority of the WoW community can barely handle pressing a few buttons in LFR, much less understand what's involved in a RTS game. With no expansion (and MoP for another year or two), the game would get run into the ground while all the RTS fans move to WC4 and the MMO fans just move to a different MMO.

I'm all for releasing both, but releasing WC4 instead of an expansion for WoW is just silliness

Deleted
    It wouldn't make sense to start with Draenor though.

There can be only one RTS from blizzard at a time.
    We won't see WC4 until Legacy of the Void is released and until wow is over.
    I don't know why. SC1 and wc2 exp overlapped, and SC2 players are really different from wow players, so it's not a direct competence looking with this point of view. But at the same time, you are right, it's better to launch legacy of the void the Q1 of 2014 and wait for 2-3Q of 2014 for WCIV (for example), so I don't see too much problem doing that. And at the same time, you are taking 1/2 of a year without using your best weapon: WoW to take all the gamer-clients. (and I don't count diablo3, because they are our of this sector).

While there are certainly a large number of people who would be overjoyed at the release of WC4, it won't be a good financial tactic to release WC4 instead of a WoW expansion. The majority of the WoW community can barely handle pressing a few buttons in LFR, much less understand what's involved in a RTS game. With no expansion (and MoP for another year or two), the game would get run into the ground while all the RTS fans move to WC4 and the MMO fans just move to a different MMO.

I'm all for releasing both, but releasing WC4 instead of an expansion for WoW is just silliness
    Yep, maybe I explained the wrong way: WCIV and exp5 launch at the same time (2-3 months between them, more or less, don't take numbers too seriously). But looking chronologically (lore), WC IV starts after the last expansion (MoP, or exp.5, or whatever), and the next expansion (exp5 if we take my last example) starts after WC IV.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-11-05 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

It's super-needed a new fantasy world editor on the market ))))))))))))))))))))+

These forums would complain no matter what the expansion is titled. I'm old enough to remember people _hating_ the burning crusade because "it's warcraft not space laser craft." The only expansion people didn't bitch about _ahead_ of time was wrath, but we got plenty of bitching after it launched about all the "wrath babies" and "entitled casuals."

Now people look back like they were perfect. Unless they announced World of Warcraft: Thrall Punches Varian In The Face For 2 Years, you guys will never be happy. Personally, I think a return to Draenor and time travel sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    It's super-needed a new fantasy world editor on the market ))))))))))))))))))))+
    I don't understand what you're saying here, lol.

Being serious, can you expound on this?

Thanks!

Lord I can't wait for it to be an expansion so we can stop with these threads, wish trademarking was invisible to people outside the firms.

Deleted
    I don't understand what you're saying here, lol.

Being serious, can you expound on this?

Thanks!
    Well you know WC3 was extremely loved (not only but mainly) for its awesome world editor that allowed to make thousands of custom maps by players. It's from this editor that born Dota, the mother of League of Legends.
    Just imagine what can come from a 2013-technology world editor.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Sorry, but it's the expansion. Prepare yourselves.

Also, why can't we just make a metathread for all the "WoD = x, but not expansion" threads and lock the rest. People are so silly sometimes.
    This attitude is the worst, you don't know it's fact so stop acting like it is. I hope you fall flat on your face for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Well you know WC3 was extremely loved (not only but mainly) for its awesome world editor that allowed to make thousands of custom maps by players. It's from this editor that born Dota, the mother of League of Legends.
    Just imagine what can come from a 2013-technology world editor.
    Ah gotcha.

And then the 98% of WC players can get back to what they REALLY do with WC... Tower Defense!

Deleted
    Ah gotcha.

And then the 98% of WC players can get back to what they REALLY do with WC... Tower Defense!
    gotcha too ...don't know if you ever played Castle Fight. Just give me that on a 2013 editor and I will run naked through cities with a large smile on the face and wet eyes closed. Then back to gaming.

We will know soon enough, friday to be exact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post
    This attitude is the worst, you don't know it's fact so stop acting like it is. I hope you fall flat on your face for this.
    I sadly do.
    And the point still remains - there are like 200 threads for 1 topic now, it's getting really tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    We will know soon enough, friday to be exact.
    I just had an epiphany...

Friday starts with an F. It ends in a Y, which is also the letter that EVERY OTHER DAY ends in! Since no other day of the week starts with F, they're having the convention start on Friday because it's an anagram of Rifyad, which goes to show that the expansion is going to be something along the same lines of what other expansions have been (the Y), and yet completely different (the F).

This can only mean that it's not going to be WoD, or anything related to any established lore.

And if you take your computer screen and turn it upside down when you look at the Trademarks, you can clearly see why Mousepads was left out, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T FIT IN THE UPSIDE DOWN HIDDEN MESSAGE. Basically, hold your screen upside down, lick your finger and run it across your screen and you'll be able to see the message hidden that states Titan is the new expansion.

And WoW 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    It may not be released soon but could be announced. Also it may just be alternative timeline, taken back to its roots, re-imagined.. anything is possible.
    Their RTS team still isn't done with the development of SC2 when it's been stated numerous times that the game will have two expansions at the very least. Heart of the Swarm, which was released earlier this year, and Legacy of the Void, the final chapter in the trilogy and will have the Protoss campaign.

I just had an epiphany...

Friday starts with an F. It ends in a Y, which is also the letter that EVERY OTHER DAY ends in! Since no other day of the week starts with F, they're having the convention start on Friday because it's an anagram of Rifyad, which goes to show that the expansion is going to be something along the same lines of what other expansions have been (the Y), and yet completely different (the F).

This can only mean that it's not going to be WoD, or anything related to any established lore.

And if you take your computer screen and turn it upside down when you look at the Trademarks, you can clearly see why Mousepads was left out, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T FIT IN THE UPSIDE DOWN HIDDEN MESSAGE.

And WoW 2.
    That's deep, you never know.

hold your screen upside down, lick your finger and run it across your screen and you'll be able to see the message hidden that states Titan is the new expansion.
    Haha

Their RTS team still isn't done with the development of SC2 when it's been stated numerous times that the game will have two expansions at the very least. Heart of the Swarm, which was released earlier this year, and Legacy of the Void, the final chapter in the trilogy and will have the Protoss campaign.
    I don't know for sure, maybe I'm wrong, but SC2 and WC3 (and other games) didn't have the same team. Most of them only had the same boss (aka Pardo or Metzen in writing), and maybe some lead designers (from SoS) participating in their projects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Honestly I hadn't considered this but I hope so. It's certainly better (in my opinion) to any alternative. Let's see... here are the theories of what it would be as a WoW expansion.

1.) Return to Outlands

In this scenario Blizzard would have to give Outlands the Cataclysm treatment. I seriously doubt the game developers want to repeat a world-wide reboot again. It was met with mixed reviews in Cataclysm and it diverted a huge amount of resources from developing the end-game content.

2.) Time Travel... to Outlands

This to me is the biggest mistake Blizzard could make. Sending us back in time means that nothing our characters do will move the storyline forward in any appreciable manner. We'll only be resetting things to the proper timeline (a timeline we're all well aware of) at the end of which whatever evil was causing the rift will be dealt with and we're back to where we started... oh joy. That's exciting. What's worse is if the other theories are true and one of the end bosses is Hellscream. I mean seriously? I want to give Blizzard credit and say they aren't so narrow in sight as to think a second end-game Hellscream boss is a good idea but who knows anymore.

3.) Quasi-Repaired Outlands

... maybe the best option of the 3 I've seen theorized, but in my opinion still not great. It's basically Mists v2.0. "Oh look we suddenly found this new unexplored area of Outlands that is totally untouched by the devastation of the Dark Portal. Let's explore!"

#####

And of course none of this touches upon the fact that it would be very difficult for Blizzard to make an Outlands-centric expansion that did not heavily revolve around an Orc storyline. We've been dealing with Orc Storylines pretty heavily of late and I have to imagine that even the most fanboy of the Horde is interested in exploring the OTHER facets of Warcraft Lore.

Or for that matter... WHY? WHY are the Horde and Alliance compelled to leave Azeroth in its current state and explore another world? The Cataclsym devastated this world. Our little foray into Pandaria didn't help matters. Azeroth is a big pile of dung and it needs some TLC. So why are we leaving? Is there hope in Outlands of some Titan device to restore Azeroth? Are we given the promise of being able to undo Deathwing's devastation by going back in time? Doubtful.

First. There is nothing called 'Outlands' its just one piece of draneor that got blown up, the outland.
    Second. If we are going back to 'the outlands' as you put it, via time travel, it's the old, NOT blown up draneor we're setting our foots on.