Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Far too expensive in this day and age.
    Agreed, or maybe I'm just spoiled by all the awesome free streams on twitch we get now. Of course they had to include an overpowered battle pet that I must have too >< (Righteous Inspiration and Shieldstorm on the same moveset)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not paying, just gonna lurk the internetz until I find a stream of a stream

Deleted
    It's quite expensive. And it's a bit of a money-grubbing situation as well. Sure, they hire those big bands for the BlizzCon, but I don't think anybody really NEEDS these bands.

I mean a ton of other big events are always streamed for free in 720 (gotta pay for 1080) and just run adds a bit.

The International was free. Most of the GDC/Gamescom Stuff is free. E3 unveilings are free. Spike Awards are free. Dreamhacks are always free.

I payed for BlizzCon when the price was still reasonable. But then I had to realize the BlizzCon Stream Team isn't capable of running their own streams without lagging. Not to mention their 'hosts' are always the most unfunny, awful people - and expect for a few people, they got no experience with gaming.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2013-11-05 at 04:36 PM.

Nope. Just deal with the fact that you won't afford everything instead of blaming companies for charging for their services and events. Regardless what you are interested in, you are paying for a non-stop feed from 2 days worth of event...you think that event is free to setup and keep going?

Basically it's only too expensive on a personal level. I didn't find it expensive at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blizzcon costs them money
    Why would they give it to you for free?

Don't tell me you're so stupid and clueless as to think that "loyalty" and "awareness" are enough to justify spending their money on you
    Cheaper and free are 2 different things, to even suggest they are simmilar is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty cheap for what you get. and you get a lot of perks. diablo stuff, wow stuff, hearthstone stuff aswell GG
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Agreed, or maybe I'm just spoiled by all the awesome free streams on twitch we get now. Of course they had to include an overpowered battle pet that I must have too >< (Righteous Inspiration and Shieldstorm on the same moveset)
    Never buy something for OP ability combination as it is likely to get nerfed if they realize that is gonna be too OP, yes even Pet battle stuff (like Anubisath Idol)

A bit pricey, but worth it. And there are always free streams up anyway
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    source please.
    I gave two sources earlier in the thread, but I'll link them again...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bli.../1100-6228656/

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ey-on-BlizzCon

Herp derp let me shell out even more money to watch the live feed. Just another way to rake in dough from you suckers.

It's cheaper than most PPVs....

I only get if for the pet - if I only wanted the news and the videos I could read MMO Champ and watch it on Youtube or Gamespot...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, no. It's far cheaper than actually going to BlizzCon, you get collectors items you will never be able to get otherwise, tons of entertainment as well as a live concert (that stuff isn't cheap), and you get a comfortable front row seat at home to everything going on before everyone else who hasn't paid (heck, some events are overlapping each other, so even the attendees will not catch everything at every panel).

If you are so darn concerned about the price, wait till someone uploads the BlizzCon footage. If you can't bother paying for all these features, then having to wait a day or two for some clips on YouTube isn't going to ruin your day.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-11-05 at 06:27 PM.

Imo Blizzard should offer the stream for free.Its all is just a long advertisement,and people who pay for stream/buy 200$-tickets are getting scammed big time, they just refuse to admit it.
    And if we are going to talk about financial side of it- Blizzard could as well do big reveals during E3, and move the fan-service section to Gamescom.But of course having event like Blizzcon is a better thing from marketing perspective, since there is no competition, like during other conventions, and they also can do instant marketing spending returns (percentage of it) by selling tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Please tell me you're not that stupid and/or clueless.
    Blizzard have so far never made any money out of holding these events since they started doing these events back in 2007. They have never broken even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    Imo Blizzard should offer the stream for free.Its all is just a long advertisement,and people who pay for stream/buy 200$-tickets are getting scammed big time, they just refuse to admit it.
    And if we are going to talk about financial side of it- Blizzard could as well do big reveals during E3, and move the fan-service section to Gamescom.But of course having event like Blizzcon is a better thing from marketing perspective, since there is no competition, like during other conventions, and they also can do instant marketing spending returns (percentage of it) by selling tickets.
    You're making no sense. This is not an advertisement AT ALL. This is an event that caters to current subscribers and blizzard game-players. It is not to attract new people. It is an event for fans of Blizzard, not for people who "want to know what this Blizzard thing is all about"....

This event is for us, Blizzard supporters, not for people who have never played a Blizzard game. Every single person that bought a Blizzcon ticket is going there because they're either media or they already play (and likely plan to continue to play) a Blizzard game...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Blizzard have so far never made any money out of holding these events since they started doing these events back in 2007. They have never broken even once.
    Oh wow. Here's a poor soul that just believes what anyone tells him. I'm sorry for you.

Deleted
    Blizzard have so far never made any money out of holding these events since they started back in 2007. They have never broken even once.
    Thats too simple. Those events are essentially huge marketing campaigns. They cash in over increased product sales do the massive marketing they get from blizzcon.

Deleted
    They are a Company if it wouldn't make Money they wouldn't do it best Red Flag that they are lying to you.

I feel like it is a little overpriced, sure 40$ for 2days of entertainment isn't bad but when you consider every convention stream I've ever seen has been totally free I can't help but feel a little ripped off by Blizzard.

Also LOL at people trying to say Blizzard has never broken even...They are trying to drum up hype and advertise future products. If they break even after a Blizzcon they come out hundreds of thousands of dollars ahead for 'free' advertising.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-11-05 at 05:47 PM.
    Hi Sephurik