Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    "God i really miss vanilla"
    "Man wish we could go back to Outland to do useful stuff"
    "LK was badass! so want again"

"Timetravel? NO WAY I WANNA GO BACK"

The community these days..

I'm against the time-traveling idea, and I don't want to go back to the TBC or WoTLK days. I think a story needs to go forward, not stagnate or go backwards. What's after this expansion (if it is time traveling to the past. ASSUMING IT IS.), going to past Northrend? Past Pandaria? Will we just continue filling up the expansion sets with irrelevance cream, all while we have real lore waiting for us, out of grasp, teasing us? (N'Zoth, Azshara, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras)

10+ Year Old Account

it's funny cause it's true, but of course what the community is really saying is:
    "we wish history had never happened, we don't want any change from or additions to that which in particular we loved, and certainly revisiting old lore will necessarily require changing or adding to it."

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    oh actually it wasn't. my bad. you had an extra 'the' but it doesn't matter
    attacking your grammar was asinine of Bill

what kind of asshole refutes a claim by attacking grammar?
    Oh, I just noticed it too.

Deleted
    i.imgur.com/y5NLYqb.jpg

seems legit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm against the time-traveling idea, and I don't want to go back to the TBC or WoTLK days. I think a story needs to go forward, not stagnate or go backwards. What's after this expansion (if it is time traveling to the past. ASSUMING IT IS.), going to past Northrend? Past Pandaria? Will we just continue filling up the expansion sets with irrelevance cream, all while we have real lore waiting for us, out of grasp, teasing us? (N'Zoth, Azshara, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras)
    Exactly

But defend the game to it's death people, it might come sooner than you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    If it has the name "Draneor" in it, it has to be in the past. Because it's now known as Outlands.

I don't understand how people can't figure this out
    Negative. The portions we have so far re-discovered are called Outlands. They also represent a very small portion of the entire planet. In theory the rest of Draenor in it's entirety could be floating around almost completely intact somewhere. All we know is that the Portals went kaaflooey and when the smoke cleared all we could see was Outlands.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Athalia View Post
    i.imgur.com/y5NLYqb.jpg

seems legit to me
    There isn't even any effort put into that photoshop.
    The race selector's on Pandaren, not the supposed Corgi race.

Quote Originally Posted by Athalia View Post
    i.imgur.com/y5NLYqb.jpg

seems legit to me
    Dat class selection window though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Guy View Post
    And it is. Where in wow have they hinted at going into the past as a theme for an expansion besides 5.4
    Why does it have to be hinted as a "theme for an expansion"?

Hell, how does something get hinted as a theme for an expansion? Naxxramas came at the end of vanilla but the expansion that followed was The Burning Crusade. And there was Deathwing related content in vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

But your question is easily answered thusly: We had time travel dungeons and a raid in TBC. We had another time travel dungeon in Wrath. The conclusion to Cataclysm centered around time travel. Mists of Pandaria had islands with time anomalies occurring.

are those the same people or different people saying those different comments?

It's not just time travel; it'd be full-blown revisionist history. When we've done things with time travel in the past, it was to preserve the original timeline. Even in the Hour of Twilight dungeons and Dragon Soul, we ended End Time, went back to the Well of Eternity to borrow the Dragon Soul, and locked the events of Hour of Twilight and Dragon Soul into history.

This would be a complete revision of Draenor's history prior to Warcraft I. It'll either cause the entirety of Warcraft history from Warcraft I on to change or will be written off as a closed alternate timeline. The former causes massive continuity heacaches and possibly wipes out everything we've done since the franchise began while the latter means that we have 1.5 to 2 years of Warcaft's version of a "What if?" storyline.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yarathir Amen, we had are Break Expansion (MoP), now it's time to progress the story forward not backwards !!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    we'll all be rocked to our core when blizz pulls "the old switcheroo"
    When you said that I could think of only one thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Negative. The portions we have so far re-discovered are called Outlands. They also represent a very small portion of the entire planet. In theory the rest of Draenor in it's entirety could be floating around almost completely intact somewhere. All we know is that the Portals went kaaflooey and when the smoke cleared all we could see was Outlands.

This is what I hope to see! This is how I could go from disliking it to loving it. No 'time-traveling to the past' shit, no milking old, dead and fan-favorite characters. I want to go to the real Draenor. I want it to be the real, mostly intact planet, with a chunk missing, which is the chunk we call 'Outland'.

Something like:

Glad someone else has the same thought! /salute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This is the WoW collectors edition - no mousepad...

So maybe they include a map this time and no mousepad, if we explore Argus a map would be nice.
    Yeah yeah, I'm just messing with the paranoid peoplez.

I'm still not convinced WoD is the xpac, for I still want a WC4 or a Warcraft RPG, but I wouldn't base that on a mousepad trademark.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    are those the same people or different people saying those different comments?
    refering to people in general the past XX years on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why does it have to be hinted as a "theme for an expansion"?

Hell, how does something get hinted as a theme for an expansion? Naxxramas came at the end of vanilla but the expansion that followed was The Burning Crusade. And there was Deathwing related content in vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

But your question is easily answered thusly: We had time travel dungeons and a raid in TBC. We had another time travel dungeon in Wrath. The conclusion to Cataclysm centered around time travel. Mists of Pandaria had islands with time anomalies occurring.
    Because people complained that "MoP" was random, when in fact this is more random than MoP. I knew we would get pandas at one point, I didn't think we would get an expansion that revolves around going to the past.

More people will complain about this on Friday I guarantee

It is all speculation until Blizzcon or an undeniable leak comes out. So far the latter hasn't happened and the first is fast approaching. Mousepad or no, doesn't matter. Tablet PC or no. Everything can be explained either way. With the mobile app, and with W8 having apps; they maybe be working on being all inclusive for branding purposes; and aren't iPads and the like considered tablets?

People think they know what can be good or not. All of it -can- be good; it comes down to implementation. Mists wasn't bad at all; a lot of people couldn't get past their own bias to see the game for what it was. I didn't quit because pAndA1!; I left for a lot of reasons; but feel Mists was a huge step in the right direction over what they allowed to happen to Cata, which could've been much, much better.

Time travel can work, if done well. The only real misstep would be Horde focus; but that is more of a smaller vocal set that would have a real issue with this (like the ones who visit forums like this; I'd say on par with the numbers of anti-flying or pro-low level ganking). Even IF it focused on orcs to some extent, it doesn't make it horde focused. Just like when Thrall left the horde, that means it wasn't horde focused; just as LK being Arthas, Fordring a major protagonist, Bolvar taking over as LK; none of that made it Alliance focused, same with Illidan in BC or many other things that if someone wanted to really be silly could argue for Alliance bias. People will see what they want; and if they will easily find what they are looking for and not see anything that counters that opinion when they get obsessed enough to put the hate-blinders on.

Stop. Enjoy the game. Can't do that? Take a break, come back and enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Wouldn't it suck if they got the trademark and then some jag-off decided to make a Warlords of Draenor free to play app a month later?

That's exactly why it has the mobile phone and tablet PC clause. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, guys.
    jag-off? Sounds like some competition on Top Gear where they buy 3 used vehicles for under a certain price point. Link to the episode? Is it in the new season?

and on the cigar part; Carlin said it best; “...Sigmund Freud said ‘Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.’ Oh, yeah? Well, sometimes it’s a big, brown dick, with a fat, arrogant, white-collar business criminal asshole sucking on the wet end of it.”

What would be hilarious if this is related to Hearthstone and Dark Below ... or something else entirely ended up being the expansion. So many have latched onto this. It very well could be WoD ... but I can see the haters calling it a WoD of shit >_> Either way, I think they've learned from the past and no matter what the xpac ends up being, it will be decent at worst, and pretty damn good with a steady content release cycle otherwise. Sounds a bit positive of a slant, but I respect the game and what it does, even if I personally am unsubbed because it doesn't fill my gaming needs any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    it's funny cause it's true, but of course what the community is really saying is:
    "we wish history had never happened, we don't want any change from or additions to that which in particular we loved, and certainly revisiting old lore will necessarily require changing or adding to it."
    No, it's called nostalgia. Look it up.