Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's far less than I've paid for most pets, by like orders of magnitude.

Wait there's a stream?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind paying 25 quid, anything more they can fuck off, even if it's by a penny.

Deleted
    tbh i think its a joke....

Dont fint it to expensive. As I see it, im getting alot of good content to watch this weekend! Also, as I understand it, I can watch stuff later on. So if I miss anything I can go back and watch whatever I miss! Meaning I can, if I really want, get to see everything blizzard has to offer I believe it will be up 1 or 2 weeks after blizzcon(?).

I REALLY want to attend Blizzcon. Since I live in Norway, that would cost alot more than the ticket into blizzcon. Will save money for next Blizzcon though and try to get a ticket

AND WE GET A PET! YAY!
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    It's not even that expensive for the amount of content you're getting. Blizzard has said that they're already losing money on Blizzcon and now you want them to lose more just because some hobo can't afford it? Pfff...

Someone is going to upload it on YouTube soon after anyway, so if you can't afford it just wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    THEY DONT PROFIT FROM BLIZZCON! God people, if you're going to keep this thread going at least get your damn facts straight.
    Blizzcon is an advert. You are naive.

40$ plus my weekend? yes its expensive.

I don't believe I'll have enough time during the weekend to watch blizzcon even though I'd like too. 40$ makes it pricy if I only get to watch 1-2 hour each day of it

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Blizzcon is an advert. You are naive.
    That can still mean the actual event after money gained from tickets and onfloor sales means a loss.
    In the long run its likely to turn em a profit but Blizzcon as an event is prolly a moneysink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    THEY DONT PROFIT FROM BLIZZCON! God people, if you're going to keep this thread going at least get your damn facts straight.
    Is there a source for this? I know they didn't make a profit years ago before they started the stream and introduced a load more sponsors, but I'm not entirely sure if that's the case anymore.

I was happy to buy it. Then I can see for myself what's happening. Instead of relying on others that have bought the stream. Damn, your attitudes.. MMO-C shouldn't post anything about the future updates just to spite you all. If your unhappy to pay the price, you don't deserve the information. Its a sneak peak at development, not an advert. The adverts hit TV around release, Blizzcon is a information overload for people bothered enough to part with a little bit of money. They don't owe you anything so stop speaking as if they do.

Cool

wow this thread got long..anyway I would like to address what you asked about the blizzcon virtual ticket being expensive. I personally think it is fine as many others do. Although looking at a lot of the responses from the people who want it to be split up and have the items put up on the store...(I like the idea of the items being put up on the store) I have to say, I don't think they should put the items on the store simply because those items are your honor, so to speak, for joining everyone at blizzcon.

I am surprised that anyone is complaining about it at all. I mean they are giving 2 full days of entertainment news and items for $40. Which far and wide is better then what the movie industry does to us. If you have never gone to the movies then I totally understand why you would find this expensive. But those of us who do, either with friends, and/or girlfriends/wives we know of the ass-raping that the movie industry gives us. Why? because you pay $10 a pop to watch a movie you only get to see once and only for 2-4 hrs. that's it. You can't go back and watch it again, you can't replay it, you can't record it(legally, and for personal use only). That's all you get for $10 dollars a person. At least with blizzcon you can watch, replay, get items, record for personal use or to share later if you wanted, you can watch it later if you wanted since it stays up for quite some time. How do we allow this? and at the same time bitch about a game company charging $40 for two full days of entertainment.
    These are all the perks you get from purchasing the virtual ticket. However if you just wanted to see the opening cinematic, you can, for free I believe. I remember reading that the open ceremony would be streamed free. Which honestly is not something they have to do but do because they are awesome like that. And they want everyone to enjoy their unveiling weather you can pay for it or not.

I really don't think they should try to make blizzcon more complicated then it needs to be by trying to add many different streams or payment options, though I am sure that would make a lot of people happy, its unnecessary to be honest. As many people have stated you can easily watch what you want in 1 or 2 days after blizzcon since everyone streams or blogs what they are hearing and seeing. If not during the convention itself. Maybe its a missed opportunity for them at some level since they could get more people to watch but I get the feeling they really don't want to try to make it more complicated then it already is to manage blizzcon and the virtual ticket. (side note: beta giveaway would be a mess, though maybe they could do the same thing that they did before with the annual pass)

Its okay if you find it expensive to pay for it. Some people find going to the movies or out at all expensive and therefore do not do so. They chill at home and watch movies that they have or engage in other activities that they can afford. Not everyone is going to want to pay for Blizzcon and that is okay, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to pay for it. But the question weather or not it is too expensive? well, that depends on each individual person. However from industry standards it is not expensive at all. Most people would be happy to pay to take part of the live stream.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    40$ plus my weekend? yes its expensive.

I don't believe I'll have enough time during the weekend to watch blizzcon even though I'd like too. 40$ makes it pricy if I only get to watch 1-2 hour each day of it
    Which would be relevant except the fact that it's available on demand for like 2 weeks after the event.
    BAD WOLF

Blizzards pets and mounts on the Store are also way too overpriced, so why are people so suprised with this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Which would be relevant except the fact that it's available on demand for like 2 weeks after the event.
    But then its all over the internet in 720p etc, how is this a selling point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Blizzards pets and mounts on the Store are also way too overpriced, so why are people so suprised with this?
    Im surprised they didnt include a spectacular mount. This is how they would sell a million virtual tickets.

No more expensive than some pay-per-view sporting events that last less time. If it's too expensive then I guess you shouldn't buy it. It's not like the information will be a big secret 10 minutes after they talk about it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But then its all over the internet in 720p etc, how is this a selling point?
    Yes, clearly I was referencing it as a selling point and not just a contrast to someone saying they also have to give up their whole weekend to watch it. I remember the good old days when people actually read posts before responding with completely irrelevant statements.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yes, clearly I was referencing it as a selling point and not just a contrast to someone saying they also have to give up their whole weekend to watch it. I remember the good old days when people actually read posts before responding with completely irrelevant statements.
    It is certainly not irrelevant.

Deleted
    40 bucks for what? Waste of money.

As others stated, it's basically a 2 day advertisement for blizzard games and news. Although I'd like the hearthstone card and pet, it's not worth it to me to get an hour head start on news that'll hit mmo champ nearly as quickly. $40 is way more than what I'd consider to be a reasonable price, so I won't pay it. If others find it to be a worthwhile experience, more power to them. I'll check in each evening and see what's been gone over.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is certainly not irrelevant.
    It definitely is. Plus, if you are going to use that argument, then there is basically no reason for you to get immediate access to the stream in the first place, so you can wait for the YouTube clips without any complaining. Congratulations, you just saved 40 dollars.