Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I have, but the "Hearthstone" justification makes no sense. "Heroes of Warcraft" is the name because of people like Garrosh, Malfurion, Jaina etc.

What role would the name "Warlords of Draenor" fulfill? Is it just a couple of cards in the booster pack that is Draenor related. Or do you think there will be new playable heroes?
    Like, any? It does sound kind of like the names they had for the new seasons of cards for the old WoW TCG.

Also would make sense to have a "TBC-themed" deck as the first expansion to Hearthstone.

Not saying it's the case but eh, anything is possible. Until Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trengor View Post
    Heroes of the storm's trademark does mention physical discs.
    Just because it's in the trademark category doesn't mean the game will have all of those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Just because it's in the trademark category doesn't mean the game will have all of those things.
    No, I didn't say that either. My mening with bringing this up is to show that there is a possibility of HotS having discs.
    Also, when thinking about it, I have a feint memory of devs talking about releasing the game on discs from a Blizzard All Stars QnA panel from Blizzcon 2011

Edit: I found the question on youtube but it was about releasing Blizzard All-Stars as a standalone game.
    Last edited by mmoc44881bbc40; 2013-11-04 at 04:51 AM.

Here's something to mull over in your heads...

It appears that there is some conflict with the Heroes of the Storm trademark in the EU.
    w w w .escapistmagazine. c o m/forums/read/7.831767-Heroes-of-the-Storm-May-Face-Difficulties-at-EU-Trademark-Offices

Could blizzard be renaming the game yet again due to this conflict? Perhaps to Warlords of Draenor?

If you look at the trademark filing for Heroes of the Storm...

INDEX HEADINGS:
    HEROES OF THE STORM

WARES:
    (1) computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

SERVICES:
    (1) entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

and then the trademark filing for Warlords of Draenor...

Goods & services

Class: 9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Class: 41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

They're identical. Previous WoW expansions include things like game manuals, mousepads, etc. and have never mentioned mobile devices or tablets.

We'll find out in a few days I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by mischievousboy View Post
    Here's something to mull over in your heads...

It appears that there is some conflict with the Heroes of the Storm trademark in the EU.
    w w w .escapistmagazine. c o m/forums/read/7.831767-Heroes-of-the-Storm-May-Face-Difficulties-at-EU-Trademark-Offices

Could blizzard be renaming the game yet again due to this conflict? Perhaps to Warlords of Draenor?
    The Blizzard DOTA game has characters from Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft. So that title wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    The Blizzard DOTA game has characters from Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft. So that title wouldn't make sense.
    True, but currently the goal of the game is to kill the other team's god, "Red" and "Blue". Maybe they've changed them to Warlords from Draenor? A bit of a stretch maybe, but it stands that the trademark filing doesn't make sense for a WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroes of the storm's trademark does mention physical discs.
    Ya thats why it made me think it could be linked to Heroes as a party like Risk mode or Warcraft 4, As it has the exact same line of writing as Heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I didn't say that either. My mening with bringing this up is to show that there is a possibility of HotS having discs.
    Also, when thinking about it, I have a feint memory of devs talking about releasing the game on discs from a Blizzard All Stars QnA panel from Blizzcon 2011

Edit: I found the question on youtube but it was about releasing Blizzard All-Stars as a standalone game.
    I think Heroes will be released on Consoles aswell & will be more than just a MOBA, but a BOBA (Blizzard Online Battle Arena) & may have its own party modes. Thats where the dics part comes in I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    Before Cata they were always able to get more new subscribers than those who were unsubscribing. The beginning of Cata that changed, and they've been trying to fight it ever since.
    Exactly, it all started after they nerfed the Cata Heriocs, WoW started to become very easy around than.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-04 at 08:15 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    You mean like how League of Legends and Dota has physical versions? Path of Exile?
    Was this meant to be sarcasm? Because League of Legends does have a physical version. I think they sell it together with Champion Packs or points to be spend on them. I could see the same thing for Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Let's compare the trademarks.

Mists of Pandaria
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925

Warlords of Draenor
    Class: 9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Class: 41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Hearthstone

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes; conducting entertainment exhibitions online in the nature of card games for entertainment purposes; conducting card game competitions online for entertainment purposes

Heroes of the Storm
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs
    IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

You will notice that Mists of Pandaria lists
    - computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit
    - mousepads

While the "Warlords of Draenor" trademark doesn't. The "Warlords of Draenor" in turn lists something the "Mists of Pandaria" trademark doesn't list.
    - Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

I think it's unlikely that the next WoW expansion would all of a sudden not bring out any mousepads or not sell the game with manuals and guides as a bundle. Just as unlikely as it is that WoW will be playable on portable devices. However that line also appears in the "Heroes of the Storm" trademark and it's also possible they go down that route with Hearthstone, so I think it's much more likely this is somehow related to "Hearthstone" or "Heroes of the Storm". And if it is, it also makes sense that the trademark wouldn't need to apply to game software sold together as a unit with manuals and guides.

Another reason I think it's not related to WoW is the name. The name "Warlords of Draenor" sounds very close to "Heroes of Azeroth" (the TCG) and "Heroes of Warcraft" (Hearthstone). The "Warlords of Draenor" then could be a Hearthstone expansion that adds Outland heroes to the game - an Orc Blademaster, an Ogre Mage and a Demon Hunter.

However in the context of WoW I don't think this name really fits. Even if the expansion somewhere along the road makes us fight a bunch of Warlords - what is so important about them, that they deserve to be in the title of the expansion? It is such an uncreative name, it feels like calling "Cataclysm" "Dragons of Azeroth" or calling "Wrath of the Lich King" "Undead of Northrend".

edit: I missed that the Hearthstone trademark mentions cards and online tournaments, so maybe Hearthstone seems a bit unlikely. I still think WoW is just as unlikely, unless they make WoW for mobile phones.
    1. Hearthstone isn't even out of closed beta yet so no, they aren't worrying about expansions for it when they are still trying to develop the main game.
    2. The trademark mentions mobile devices because of the Wow armory app.

Mods need to start infracting for this nonsense because it is blatant trolling at this point as both these points have been mentioned repeatedly to those who refuse to accept that Warlords of Draenor is the next Wow expansion.

A main argument to the contrary that I haven't heard be made yet:

1. Blizzard said they regret how Illidan was dispatched and would like to bring him back in the game.
    2. Illidan is clearly dead at the end of the Black Temple. Unless we're resurrecting him (not totally implausible in this game, but a bit much), he's quite gone.
    3. Time travel allows them to bring Illidan back into play.
    4. Warlords of Draenor sounds like it is set in the right place, and has the right scope of time travel to pull off that hat trick.

I'm not very sold on the idea of this expansion, but the more I think about it the more it fits with a lot of what Blizz has been hinting they want to do the next go around.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    1. Hearthstone isn't even out of closed beta yet so no, they aren't worrying about expansions for it when they are still trying to develop the main game.

Mods need to start infracting for this nonsense because it is blatant trolling at this point as both these points have been mentioned repeatedly to those who refuse to accept that Warlords of Draenor is the next Wow expansion.
    HS is a cardgame. expansion needs to release a few months after game release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I believe wow armory app already exist in mist or even earlier but why doesn't mist trademark info include celluar stuffs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Warlords of Draenor is actually a very fitting name. What do you want to call it then? Ultramega-land? Alice in Outland?
    Dunno just seems too 'generic'. Doesn't give me any excitement like the other expansion titles did, nothing mysterious or foreboding.... hard to describe, just doesn't fit the bill for me for a Wow expansion.

And no, not a Hearthstone expac. It's in beta ffs.
    Yeah but expansions are usually already in the making long before previous expansion/release. Blizzard is not just working on WOW 6.0 but even now there are already people working on 7.0 even though we don't have 6.0 now. Might be that for Hearthstone they want to do expansions like every few months, then they would already be working on it or even close to finishing when it releases....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

The armory app has been out since 2009, and no expansion thusfar had a mobile trademark registration in it. This may simply be an update to the trademark itself of course. But the armory argument does not compute due to the fact that it NEVER had a trademark applied to it save that it was tied to the franchise tied to and owned by Blizzard, namely Warcraft. Meaning it doesn't even need one to be copyright protected.

If Boubouille says it is the next wow xpac, then it is!
    The fact that he is saying it clearly is better proof for me than anyone speculating based on what numbers or whatever.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to just say that -- and forgive me if it's already been stated (I read to page, like, 7) -- but WoD and HotS have the EXACT SAME trademarking.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Welp, there you go.

That's pretty conclusive, IMO. Hearthstone is going to be a F2P digital download, it's quite likely Heroes of the Storm will be the same (following the LoL/DotA2 trend). There's only 3 games that would need a trademark for a disk right now. Legacy of the Void, Reaper of Souls, and Expansion V.
    or Warcraft IV
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I do think it is more likely a Hearthstone thing though, it makes too much sense with how the TCG went. How it followed the xpacs and such with their new decks. It wouldn't be unheard of to come out and say that hearthstone will feature expansions to gain access to new decks/heroes.
    You forget that they have trademarked WoD for COMPUTER GAME DISCS, something you will not find Hearthstone on, at least, not immediately because no one would see such a need occur.

The only thing it can be linked to at this point is WoW, unless they surprise everyone with WC4 or a brand new series/type of game set in the Warcraft universe.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Not rely good at reading if you think this link says it is not the next wow X-pack
    https://twitter.com/Boubouille_MMO/s...56899966160896

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion - http://bit.ly/1f8HlbY

It's definitely related to WoW. 2 reasons.

Hearthstone is a FTP game which is still in Beta. Why would they need an 'expansion' for a game that is already FTP? They would just push whatever new content there is to the active client like a patch.

Draenor is apart of Warcraft lore and thus, since Hearthstone has been ruled out and Heroes of the Storm is the new name of Blizz All-Stars, that only leaves WoW. Since it's being copyrighted everywhere just days before Blizzcon just like what happened with Mists of Pandaria, all signs point to WoW.

And don't hold your breath for Warcraft 4. If it exists, it's likely 2-3 years from being complete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    Not rely good at reading if you think this link says it is not the next wow X-pack
    https://twitter.com/Boubouille_MMO/s...56899966160896
    Is Boubouille an official source now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    It's definitely related to WoW. 2 reasons.

Hearthstone is a FTP game which is still in Beta. Why would they need an 'expansion' for a game that is already FTP? They would just push whatever new content there is to the active client like a patch.

Draenor is apart of Warcraft lore and thus, since Hearthstone has been ruled out and Heroes of the Storm is the new name of Blizz All-Stars, that only leaves WoW. Since it's being copyrighted everywhere just days before Blizzcon just like what happened with Mists of Pandaria, all signs point to WoW.

And don't hold your breath for Warcraft 4. If it exists, it's likely 2-3 years from being complete.
    F2P games have expansions. SWTOR has expansions, and while SWTOR also offers subscriptions, the next "expansion" is going to be free for everyone. One could argue that it's more of a patch then, but maybe that's the point. Calling it an expansion so it feels bigger. Though at this point I don't think it's Hearthstone.

Draenor is a part of WoW lore. It obviouisly has to be connected to Warcraft, but not necessarily to WoW.