Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    US is too casual compared to EU. No US 10 man guild can raid 80+ hours a week for more than a week.

EU just have no life so they can play way more WoW when new content comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    We don't? Where do I get this free money?
    Many countries in the EU pays the students with tax money. Sweden is one of those countries, you can settle with only the tax money but you must live at your parents for that, if you wish to move out you need to apply for a student loan unless your parents can pay your rent.

The tax money differs depending on your age, but it can be anything from 1050 sek to over 9000 sek (sorry had to do it), when I had my loan I got around 9500 sek I think, and that is enough for rent, food, internet, electricity, savings and some pocket money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Togeshero View Post
    Some stuck up wrong american attitude you got there. Lemme fix that for you.
    No, you don't, well at least not in Sweden and I would guess it's the same in the other Scandinavian countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    You dont seem very knowledgable about life in Europe at all.
    Europe is not one country, stop acting like every country in the EU is the same.
    In most if not all the Scandinavian countries you don't need two jobs and you don't need a job while you are studying.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    US is too casual compared to EU. No US 10 man guild can raid 80+ hours a week for more than a week.

EU just have no life so they can play way more WoW when new content comes out.
    Wait what ? 80 hours per week? Stop with the assumptions already. There is like a handful of guilds(perhaps some more) in each bracket that spends LOTS of hours the first week but the week after and week number 3 is a lot less. Ppl have to get to work, appointments and whatnot.

In my case there was progress for 6-8 hours maximum during weekdays and some more during weekend. I have fulltime job and needs to be AFK for 10 hours-ish.

This still doesnt explain the lack of a US kill in 6 weeks 3 weeks more than first EU.

All the nonsense with the financial statuses of students and the time spent is bullshit. The living standards is not the same for every person in EU and there is big difference between countries in EU.

Either u kill the boss and dedicate yourself to it or u dont. Obviously they aint Hardcore enough or want it bad enough.
    Ofc there is obstacles along the road but they are not alone.
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-11-06 at 09:36 AM.

I honestly think the timezone thing may have alot to do with it. Smaller groups form on servers due to language and that tends to lend itself to countries. Often enough you will have small groups operating on close to the same times. I find alot in US servers when recruiting or looking for groups that times are all over the place. I think because of the language all being the same and people being so spread out on the clock and across servers, maybe it is just harder to find a top tier 10 players all on the same time commitments? Maybe because servers are so wide ranging in the US and not privy to smaller niche groups forming on basically one or 2 servers, that the skilled players get more spread out across 10 mans. This can also lead me to believe a US 10 man equivilant of skilled players may never meet where due to language based playing its more likely to happen in EU with a wider range of players looking for language based heroic raiding guilds.

Honestly its a shot in the dark. Who really will ever know why US is so far behind with this kill.

P.S- sorry its 2 am and I really have no idea how to word anything at the moment.
    Last edited by Deathzero; 2013-11-06 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Wait what ? 80 hours per week? Stop with the assumptions already. There is like a handful of guilds(perhaps some more) in each bracket that spends LOTS of hours the first week but the week after and week number 3 is a lot less. Ppl have to get to work, appointments and whatnot.

In my case there was progress for 6-8 hours maximum during weekdays and some more during weekend. I have fulltime job and needs to be AFK for 10 hours-ish.

This still doesnt explain the lack of a US kill in 6 weeks 3 weeks more than first EU.

All the nonsense with the financial statuses of students and the time spent is bullshit. The living standards is not the same for every person in EU and there is big difference between countries in EU.

Either u kill the boss and dedicate yourself to it or u dont. Obviously they aint Hardcore enough or want it bad enough.
    US has better weather. So people go outside more. Not much to do in EU other than stay indoors because frankly, your weather is dog poop.
    JK i dont know if this has any real effect at all, but i sure as hell would not be raiding on a beautiful sunny day. I guess the best answer is the Europeans are better at our American game than Americans are. EU is MUCH more hardcore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Many countries in the EU pays the students with tax money. Sweden is one of those countries, you can settle with only the tax money but you must live at your parents for that, if you wish to move out you need to apply for a student loan unless your parents can pay your rent.

The tax money differs depending on your age, but it can be anything from 1050 sek to over 9000 sek (sorry had to do it), when I had my loan I got around 9500 sek I think, and that is enough for rent, food, internet, electricity, savings and some pocket money.
    Sweden =/= Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Lol, all this talk about the difference in work hours and lifestyles man, what the fuck haha.

I don't doubt EU as a whole just has a more skilled player base than the US, but I think the problem with US 10s is that we still pale in numbers compared to EU, and to add to that, my guess is that most serious raider in the US are probably choosing to do 25s over 10s. So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post

Well, we got US 1st 10m and had a pretty shit tier with bad recruits not performing well and a lot of attendance issues/DDoS issues by people within our own guild... did a complete raid restructure on klaxxi progression and ended really strong.
    Last edited by Hauntedd; 2013-11-20 at 06:32 PM.