Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    I'd be happy with ogres Horde side. Broken on alliance just sounds silly, they're just warped Draenei. You could say the same with worgen for humans if you wanted to nitpick, but they differentiate themselves enough imo. Once again, i'm thinking new race. Hell, Jaina and Kalecgos getting along so well might even turn into blue dragons on alliance side(i haven't the slightest clue what their humanoid forms would look like.)
    Drakonid.

Think these guys
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with ogres Horde side. Broken on alliance just sounds silly, they're just warped Draenei. You could say the same with worgen for humans if you wanted to nitpick, but they differentiate themselves enough imo. Once again, i'm thinking new race. Hell, Jaina and Kalecgos getting along so well might even turn into blue dragons on alliance side(i haven't the slightest clue what their humanoid forms would look like.)
    I think you are talking these guys; http://wowpedia.org/Drakonid

Jaina can have her dragon fantasies about making love to dragons for all I care. :È
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Jaina can have her dragon fantasies about making love to dragons for all I care. :È
    Yeah they could work, still, every dragon has a "mortal" form. Would be cool if it was randomly generated when you made your character. Would be a neat excuse to have a shapeshifter type deal for out of combat scenarios. Ooh... I want bronze dragons for both factions now.

OH KALECGOS SENPAI~

I'm sorry. I had to.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll just get the improved Race Models and I'll be happy with that... but playing as Arrakoa would be soooo daaaamn coool! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they could work, still, every dragon has a "mortal" form. Would be cool if it was randomly generated when you made your character. Would be a neat excuse to have a shapeshifter type deal for out of combat scenarios. Ooh... I want bronze dragons for both factions now.
    Would you see the Drakonid joining any faction anytime soon or a shape-shifting one either?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    OH KALECGOS SENPAI~

I'm sorry. I had to.
    I think Kalecgos liked his crazy bitches, and never had the hots for his own kind and wanted a mortal instead huh?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume there will be a new hero class and no new races. If a new race, it will be cross-faction. Based strictly on player appeal, cost of implementation, and fit for the expansion theme, ethereal would be the most likely race to add.

Well, if this is a time-wimey expansion, it would make sense the bronze dragons would want to get their hands dirty. Blues are actually pretty sensible for the alliance, though. Dalaran's back in the alliance's court, and Jaina and the former Blue aspect are actually pretty close now. Mostly though, I'm just looking for things outside of the outland races that might make sense

I think Kalecgos liked his crazy bitches, and never had the hots for his own kind and wanted a mortal instead huh?
    Pretty much. He was supposedly betrothed to some Princess dragon, but never gave two shits about it.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I assume there will be a new hero class and no new races. If a new race, it will be cross-faction. Based strictly on player appeal, cost of implementation, and fit for the expansion theme, ethereal would be the most likely race to add.
    I think Ethereals would be perfect for both factions, and then the Ogres would be perfect for the Horde and some other race for Alliance.

Pretty much. He was supposedly betrothed with some Princess dragon, but never gave two shits about it.
    I would seriously tap a dragon, and she had even a good looking mortal form to.
    That Jorad Mace guy had the balls to get to enjoy his time with her and even it might be a couple. :P
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2013-11-06 at 05:47 PM.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrakoa & ethereals i want.

Deleted
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

People don't seem to engage their brains often these days.

Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't, I'd have to say the two playable races would likely be an ogre or the halfogre/halforc for the Horde, and I couldn't possibly begin to imagine what they might add for the Alliance.

OH KALECGOS SENPAI~

I'm sorry. I had to.
    Then again who haven't that chick banged. -.-

Deleted
    Behold: Jaina's and Kalec's love child

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direction View Post
    Arrakoa & ethereals i want.
    http://www.behemothgaming.com/wp-con...gre_shaman.jpg

This doesn't come to mind at all?
    For the Horde!

Klaxxar I've noticed you really like Ogres. I'm not sure what it is but it's just a feeling in my gut of some sorts.

Then again we could have all three. Ogre for horde, which is the obvious one. Arakkoa for the alliance, because they do have ties to the alliance and helped them in the past. And a neutral Ethereal, because they don't have ties to any of the factions they are more likely to employ us as henchmen for their work but I could see them as neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Ethereals would be perfect for both factions, and then the Ogres would be perfect for the Horde and some other race for Alliance.
    Yeah. My initial thought was no new races, but the more I consider it, the more likely it seems that we'll get ethereal as a cross-faction race. To elaborate on my justification:

1. Blizzard has already confessed a preference for cross-faction races after MoP. Adding two new races is vastly more expensive: Twice the starting content and twice the model/animation work. Relatively little extra payoff since the majority of players only play one faction.

2. Ethereal have always been faction-agnostic; at the same time they do not share a unified goal as a race. It is not unreasonable to expect some splintering to aid Horde or Alliance for the mutual benefit of resource acquisition.

3. Draenor and related worlds. Ethereals obviously have a vested interest in the neighborhood. Timey-wimey expansion opens doors to flesh out this race that otherwise enjoys relatively spotty lore roots and purpose.

4. Ethereals are pretty fucking cool. I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

5. The Ethereal model and animations are probably already mostly ready for player use.

So it's at least a moderate gameplay win for players, the effort would return relatively high margins for Blizzard, and it's a decent lore fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    How people still seem to think the likes of Naga, Ethereals, Arrakoa etc will EVER become playable is beyond me.

Still, assuming the expansion will be Warlords of Draenor, which by the way it won't
    The second assertion - which defies all reasonable likelihood - certainly doesn't motivate anyone to trust the first one, for which you provide no rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Micromadsen View Post
    Klaxxar I've noticed you really like Ogres. I'm not sure what it is but it's just a feeling in my gut of some sorts.

Then again we could have all three. Ogre for horde, which is the obvious one. Arakkoa for the alliance, because they do have ties to the alliance and helped them in the past. And a neutral Ethereal, because they don't have ties to any of the factions they are more likely to employ us as henchmen for their work but I could see them as neutral.
    That would be amazing, but I don't think Blizzard would ever do it. :C I wish they would.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account

I wanted them since the good old days and I did play Warcraft II up to the point of Mists today and missed Warcraft One though, but I heard Ogres were in that game to and they also were the ones that were kickass giant people until a artwork showed on how they looked for the other works and people thought they were stupid, not worth their time example. I would seriously love Ogres, and I loved on how we got Orcs, Tauren, Blood Elves, Trolls, and Goblins, for the Horde, and undead not so much. Ogres would be the last known Horde race for the Horde that would be perfect and not sure what they will get after that.

Then again who haven't that chick banged. -.-
    Jaina wanted human, orc, elemental, and some more. Now she is going after dragon.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    well, Ogres fits for Horde but to be serious the only races that fit somehow for Alliance are High Elves and Furbolg the problem is that they are totally not connected to Draenor(and got other cons like beeing same as BE or very simillar to Pandas). So everyone wants Ethereals or Arakkoa because they are the only intelligent Outland/Draenor races that doesn't fit Horde.

I wonder the story that they will write to put them into the Alliance and I hope it will be more reliable than Draenei story.