Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Pandaland was a failure

WoW has lost half of its subs overall

A 50% playerbase loss, that's not a success, any way you dice it
    And here they come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Btw they say end of 30 sept, so 5.4 isn't even counted in yet and EU got really busy since 5.4 idk about US or asia, but EU is.
    Patch 5.4.0 released on September 10, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What you define as a lot and what I define as a lot are 2 different things. Some people tellings small details (which half never even ends up being released off in the final product) about their game is not a lot from my point of view.
    Well, by a lot:

Most of Expansion V if it's intended to be released by Spring next year.

Heroes of the Storm

Diablo 3 Expansion details

Starcraft 2 next expansion details

Hearthstone stuff

Possible Titan stuff.

I guess it depends on what the two of us consider to be "a lot".

10+ Year Old Account
    Called -150k. But as of 30 sept so during 5.4 rush peak.... That not so good.

I think it ll depends of bllizzcon and 5.5 but we ll see bigger drop the next q.

Q4 at least 400k
    Q1 600k

Now blizzard have to find a way to keep subs for 6 month without any new big content. A true challenge. Blizzcon hype could help.

Imo if next xpac sounds great i ll just unsub my 3 acc and w8 for it. If it sucks, well...
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-11-06 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Comparing this to the predictions made in the respective thread and all the people complaining about how WoW is dying...this once again shows that all the QQers are simply a vocal minority.
    Those numbers are not relevant to the predictions or threads on MMOC aslong the Asian sub numbers included.

Here's the bottom line. Ppl are applauding the fact they only lose 100k instead 1mil. That's like saying - good job - you only lost the game 5-4 as opposed to losing 12-1. It's definitely progress and better than the doom and gloom faction expected, but seriously - slowing the bleeding and stopping the bleeding are two completely different things. Blizzcon is critical for their future success, popularity and growth. And, I am 85% certain they will fuck it up beyond recognition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Well, by a lot:

Most of Expansion V if it's intended to be released by Spring next year.

Heroes of the Storm

Diablo 3 Expansion details

Starcraft 2 next expansion details

Hearthstone stuff

Possible Titan stuff.

I guess it depends on what the two of us consider to be "a lot".
    As I said, small details about stuff that have a very high chance of never making it into the game is not a lot.

What you define as a lot and what I define as a lot are 2 different things. Some people tellings small details (which half never even ends up being released off in the final product) about their game is not a lot from my point of view.
    They have a lot more going on now than they have at any other Blizzcon in the past. We have three franchises with expansions on the way and two side games that still haven't been released but have different amounts of testing going on.

Plus there's the movie, all kinds of merchandise, and the extremely tiny and unlikely chance they might show us something about Titan (which I doubt).

As I said, small details about stuff that have a very high chance of never making it into the game is not a lot.
    What else would we see at Blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaland was a failure

I don't think it is fair to place the blame on MOP. This has been a very strong expansion with an increase in story telling and great raiding content. The age of the game is a big factor as to why people move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Guys there is only 7.6 Million accounts being paid for guys, I think it is time to pack are bags & move on.

Only lost 100k players, I better come back to wow now that its good again.

Deleted
    Pandaland was a failure

This "50%" loss started in Cata not MOP. And actually from 12 to 7.6 million is 36%, not 50.

WoW would still be in the top 100 populated countries if it were a country, right above Bulgaria at 99!

Guess we just differ on opinions then in this regard.

Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well SoO isn't exactly old yet so it's expected to have stayed around the same spot, to be honest I thought there would be a slight rise in subscribers. Meh, guess I was wrong.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Called -150k. But as of 30 sept so during 5.4 rush peak.... That not so good.

I think it ll depends of bllizzcon and 5.5 but we ll see bigger drop the next q.

Q4 at least 400k
    Q1 600k

Now blizzard have to find a way to keep subs for 6 month without any new big content. A true challenge. Blizzcon hype could help.

Imo if next xpac sounds great i ll just unsub my 3 acc and w8 for it. If it sucks, well...

maybe another annual pass tied to some other product. it was a brilliant scheme the first time around.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Unless you can relate other people playing the game to you having fun in those 9 years...then why do you care?
    I don't, I was trying theorizes why people care so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This is a an in your face moment to the doom brigade. As others have said a solid footing for the next expac.
    Not really. There will be other quarterly reports after this one and before the next expansion launches. It's fair to say they'll be worse than this one which is better than I expected.

On another note: it's disgusting to see so many people emotionally invested in the failure of a video game. Move on already.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Here's the bottom line. Ppl are applauding the fact they only lose 100k instead 1mil. That's like saying - good job - you only lost the game 5-4 as opposed to losing 12-1. It's definitely progress and better than the doom and gloom faction expected, but seriously - slowing the bleeding and stopping the bleeding are two completely different things. Blizzcon is critical for their future success, popularity and growth. And, I am 85% certain they will fuck it up beyond recognition.
    Very naive. There's no "stopping the bleeding" of a 10 year old product.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    On another note: it's disgusting to see so many people emotionally invested in the failure of a video game. Move on already.
    Found my new sig.