Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A Demonhunter hunts demons. It is not a demon that hunts. Therefor they aint got no demonic powers. Would be silly anyway, he had to hunt himself...

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    A Demonhunter hunts demons. It is not a demon that hunts. Therefor they aint got no demonic powers. Would be silly anyway, he had to hunt himself...
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_hunter Reading is fundamental.

Deleted
    No thanks, enough classes already.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    They are night elves, with some blood elves. They have a whole organization training more of them. They are most assuredly not warlocks- who have their own separate organization, none of which are the same.
    We don't know what races can be or are DHs in the gameworld
    The organisation training them is Illidans and we have no information on any other body
    That they are not warlocks is your own viewpoint of them and not something denied in lore.

Warlocks are not demon hunters. You can test this for yourself by looking at a warlock, then looking at a demon hunter, and noting how they have nothing at all in common.
    Warlock in Betrayer armor vs Illidan.
    Warlock in Meta vs any other DH in Meta.

I've looked. What's the issue?

This isn't some kind of strange prejudice of mine- it's simply how they are presented in every media, ranging from WCIII to the RPG book to the books to the history to in game to everything at all about these classes ever. Switching to thinly veiled ad hominem about "how I view the class" won't help, but feel free to keep trying.
    But is is how you view the class. What is there about warlocks that prevents them from gaining a 4th spec that is melee orientated? Is there something about the class that prevents Blizzard adding Warlocks to those allowed to wield the Glaives? Is there any gameplay with prevents them allowing Night Elfs to be Warlocks?

You say there is...but all the evidence you have offered is how YOU think the class should be. Nothing else...just your personal opinion on how the class should be designed and implemented.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Warlock in Betrayer armor vs Illidan.
    Warlock in Meta vs any other DH in Meta.

I've looked. What's the issue?

EJL
    Logical fallacy, that's the issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy

You're basically saying
    1. Warlock looks like Illidan
    2. Illidan is a Demon Hunter
    3. Therefore, Warlocks are Demon hunters.

If that was true, then Bill Gates owns Fort Knox because he is rich.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-11-06 at 11:56 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You're basically saying
    1. Warlock looks like Illidan
    2. Illidan is a Demon Hunter
    3. Therefore, Warlocks are Demon hunters.
    No...I'm saying Blizzard has given everything that makes a Demon Hunter a Demon Hunter to Warlocks, creatign a huge design overlap between the two classes that cannot becountered easily whilst still retaining the DH flavor.

You either redesign the DH so it isn't a DH anymore, or you make Warlcoks Demon Hunters.
    The former has baggage associated with the name, and the latter is essentially what Blizzard has been doing for 6 years.

Warlocks look like Illidan...because Blizzard made a deliberate design decision to give them that look. Warlocks have metamorphosis because Blizzard made a deliberate design decision to give them that move. Demon Hunters use a lot of Warlock moves because Blizzard made a deliberate design decision to give them those moves.

And so on. If Blizzard has spent 6 years taking elements from DHs and giving them to Warlcoks, why do you think they'll stop or reverse that process? Given the degree of crossover, why do you think Blizzard will want to create a class with so much of its design and flavor and potential is already in game?

EJL

You either redesign the DH so it isn't a DH anymore
    Guess what? The DK in World of Warcraft is not the exact same DK in Warcraft 3. Blizzard made a point in noting that and IT TURNED OUT JUST FINE. You can't hope to actually think a class in an RTS with like 4 abilities will turn out the exact same in an MMO with 40+? That's idiotic.

Of course the Demon Hunter will be vastly different if it's introduced, and that's just fine. Were Death Knights dual wielding in Warcraft 3? Did they wield Axes and Maces? Polearms? No, did none of those things. And yet here we are.

Literally all of the arguments against a Demon Hunter plain suck. You people have nothing. If Blizzard decides to implement the DH as the next class, they will implement it successfully and make it unique enough.

And that's all I'm saying on this topic. People here are infuriating.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Guess what? The DK in World of Warcraft is not the exact same DK in Warcraft 3.
    The DK did not face competition from a class with a the same them and flavor. No other class worked with Undead.

This point is not new, nor is it a revelation. Blizzard COULD indeed make a DH class that bore no resemblance to the Warlock, making it unique.

But then, it'd have nothing that people expect from a WOW DH. It would not actually be a Demon Hunter in anything but name. So, why do it? Why bring along all that baggage for no benefit?

EJL

No...I'm saying Blizzard has given everything that makes a Demon Hunter a Demon Hunter to Warlocks, creatign a huge design overlap between the two classes that cannot becountered easily whilst still retaining the DH flavor.
    Except they haven't, and that's why you have to make an argument for why Warlocks would become melee or use Warglaives. Unfortunately, that argument is not very sound, because the core class was never intended to play like a melee dual wielding class in the first place.

You either redesign the DH so it isn't a DH anymore, or you make Warlcoks Demon Hunters.
    The former has baggage associated with the name, and the latter is essentially what Blizzard has been doing for 6 years.
    No class in WoW is 1:1 the same as their Warcraft 3 counterpart. Every class has been redesigned to work as an MMO. Druids in WoW do not play like Druids in Warcraft 3. Warcraft 3 doesn't have the infrastucture of a MMORPG, such as multiple spells being cast in a DPS rotation, survival and aggro abilities to Tank, or multiple healing spells to provide a full Healing class. The only thing we draw from Warcraft 3 is the basic themes and names of abilities as inspiration for new abilities and mechanics for a new class.

I can tell you that as a Guardian Druid, my gameplay does not only consist of just casting Rejuv on myself, Roaring and then auto-attacking things until they die.

Thimagryn you're arguing with a guy who explicitly stated that the absence of negative evidence is proof of the affirmative - that because there is nothing that explicitly states "Demon Hunters are not Warlocks", then they must be Warlocks.

It's like arguing with somebody who believes "There is no evidence aliens didn't land at Roswell, therefore aliens must've landed at Roswell."

Not to mention how just flat out factually incorrect (and willfully so) his "I've looked" post is. The Dark Embrace is the organization training new Demon Hunters, not the Illidari. Meta for NPC Demon Hunters in game uses a different model than the Warcraft 3 model that Demonology Warlocks use (so his "I've looked" line is an outright lie, as well).

He, like Teriz, is nothing but a hypocrite with no capacity for rational thought. They WANT to believe something, so they go looking for evidence to confirm their belief and damn everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the stupidity of people saying there is no niche for a demon hunter, when there is currently no class in game that is a melee demonic fighter. No matter how you want the warlock to be this, they will never be the melee demonic fighter. They even took away all their survivability to stay in melee. Why do you think shadowflame was redesigned to be hand of gul'dan, to get warlocks out of melee!

Oh, but, warlocks lay claim to demonic magic? Stfu before you hurt yourselves. Just like Druids lay claim to nature magic... oh shit, shamans AND MONKS use it as well. Just like Paladins lay claim to the Light... oh shit priests do as well. Just like Priest lay claim to plagues... god damn it Death knights.... You get where I am going with this? No class is there own. No magic is owned by a single class.

As much as you want to tell me the Betrayer Armor is basically them saying "Oh warlocks are demon hunters," go tell me what the warrior Dreadnaught gear looks like. Definitely Death knight look.. but we got dks. Plus, the lore behind the Betrayer armor is we ripped Illidan's skin, his blindfold, and all that jazz and made an armor out of it... sounds totally legit and lore centric, even though it is given Illidan is coming back. =\ Please stop with the stupidity of "Its in game, it means its canon lore!" Wrong, it was fun. Plus, 2/3rds of the Black harvest quests were cut, where in the end, we might have learned what happened to Illidan, but they cut them, including a warlock's own sanctuary similar to the monks and dks. damn.

The People that are solely fighting against dhs are the same nutjobs that believe locks and dhs are the same and blizz are lumping them together, when it became very clear in the green fire quest that they pushing them further apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No

10 chars
    That's not a desire. Get intelligent.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Except they haven't, and that's why you have to make an argument for why Warlocks would become melee or use Warglaives.
    Warlocks can use swords, they can't dual wield but they can use swords. Which means all that's stopping them using the Glaives is an easily changed class restriction and all that's stopping them dual wielding is an easily added skill. Melee viability is what a 4th spec would add...and melee capability is what they have NOW.

But everything that makes a DH a DH - the theme, the flavor, the look - Warlocks HAVE. They have it all right now.

Unfortunately, that argument is not very sound, because the core class was never intended to play like a melee dual wielding class in the first place.
    Which is why Blizzard would need to add a 4th spec. To provide that gameplay capability. Or do you really think Blizzard won't be able to create a dual wielding melee tank from a mere expansion on what the class has now if it has a full spec to work with?

The only thing we draw from Warcraft 3 is the basic themes and names of abilities
    And warlocks already have the Demon theme and the meta skill. They have the look and the role. They can be given the rotation and abilities with a 4th spec. But what has to remain unique (barring a gameplay reason) to Warlocks is their theme, their flavor, their iconic and class defining moves.

Just about everything else is negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Thimagryn you're arguing with a guy who explicitly stated that the absence of negative evidence is proof of the affirmative - that because there is nothing that explicitly states "Demon Hunters are not Warlocks", then they must be Warlocks.
    No. I didn't. I stated something akin to there is nothing in game to disprove the link, no canon reason why a demon hunter could not be designed as a Warlock subspec. That doesn't mean it has to be...just you can't use non-canon supposition to dismiss the idea or concept simply because it doesn't agree with how you want to see the class concept implemented.

Conversely, if you do have such canonical proof, the people need to do more than say it exists,. They need to produce it. And then show how it isn't mere opinion. Which is what happens every single time - the so-called proof turns out to be yet another version "This is my vision of the class".

Not to mention how just flat out factually incorrect (and willfully so) his "I've looked" post is. The Dark Embrace is the organization training new Demon Hunters, not the Illidari.
    The "Dark Embrace" is an entity which exists in only one place in game. In the title bestowed upon Telarius. Sure..it MIGHT be a DH organisation. But then again, it might be a metaphor for Death. Or something else. If you have some form of canon proof of this organisation, present it. otherwise, the people training Demon Hunters in game are Illidans Illidari and your opinion that the Dark Embrace is a DH organisation is nothing more than opinion and fanfic.

Meta for NPC Demon Hunters in game uses a different model than the Warcraft 3 model that Demonology Warlocks use (so his "I've looked" line is an outright lie, as well).
    I'm aware they have different models. But I essentially see little difference between one class turning into a winged purple demon and another class turning into a winged purple demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Love the stupidity of people saying there is no niche for a demon hunter, when there is currently no class in game that is a melee demonic fighter
    Warlock. Melee moves, demon theme.

No matter how you want the warlock to be this, they will never be the melee demonic fighter.
    Unless Blizzard add a 4th spec to give that capability. Or do you have a reason Blizzard can't do this?

They even took away all their survivability to stay in melee. Why do you think shadowflame was redesigned to be hand of gul'dan, to get warlocks out of melee!
    And then gave the Warlocks melee tanking capability

Oh, but, warlocks lay claim to demonic magic?
    No...the theme. A lot of people try to obscure this by focussing not on the actual theme of the class, but on the classes predominant class of magic...when the magic class used is actually fairly irrelevant.

The People that are solely fighting against dhs are the same nutjobs that believe locks and dhs are the same and blizz are lumping them together, when it became very clear in the green fire quest that they pushing them further apart.
    Tying the class even more tightly together is your idea of pushing them apart? Really? Or did I dream Blizzard explicitly linking DH and Warlock lore?

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the stupidity of people saying there is no niche for a demon hunter, when there is currently no class in game that is a melee demonic fighter. No matter how you want the warlock to be this, they will never be the melee demonic fighter. They even took away all their survivability to stay in melee. Why do you think shadowflame was redesigned to be hand of gul'dan, to get warlocks out of melee!
    That really isn't a niche. It also doesn't help your argument that Warlocks can already transform into near-Melee demons themselves.

Oh, but, warlocks lay claim to demonic magic? Stfu before you hurt yourselves. Just like Druids lay claim to nature magic... oh shit, shamans AND MONKS use it as well. Just like Paladins lay claim to the Light... oh shit priests do as well. Just like Priest lay claim to plagues... god damn it Death knights.... You get where I am going with this? No class is there own. No magic is owned by a single class.
    Yeah, and what you don't understand is that none of those are alike. Generating magic from martial arts gives you an entirely different set of abilities than nature magic that allows you to transform into animals.

As for Paladins and Priests, you're talking about one class that uses holy magic for healing, DPS, and Tanking, and another class that uses holy magic to only heal.

Warlocks and DHs? Both would be using Demonic magic for DPS. The fact that they share abilities makes this overlap even worse.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-11-07 at 02:45 AM.

Personally am not hoping for Demon Hunters. Too similar to Hunters or Warlocks. I'd much rather something completely new.

Tinker sounds like a logical choice that can use various inventions to fight, like a battle mech armor for melee or tank. Epic.

We'll see in two days! Can't wait.

IMHO, the Demon Hunter will be the nail in the coffin for the rogue class. Their niche has been shrinking with every class addition.

Want to play the darkest and most sinister melee class in WoW?

Vanilla & BC: Rogues got you covered!

WotLK: Play a DK and tank too!

Want to play a master of martial combat and acrobatics?

Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata: Rogue, duh!

Mists: Or you could be a Monk and tank, heal, AND be a badass.

Seriously, with the addition of yet another dark melee class, Rogues will have virtually no class identity anymore. Point is, the melee class horse is dead. It doesn't need to be beat on anymore.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks can use swords, they can't dual wield but they can use swords. Which means all that's stopping them using the Glaives is an easily changed class restriction and all that's stopping them dual wielding is an easily added skill. Melee viability is what a 4th spec would add...and melee capability is what they have NOW.

But everything that makes a DH a DH - the theme, the flavor, the look - Warlocks HAVE. They have it all right now.

Which is why Blizzard would need to add a 4th spec. To provide that gameplay capability. Or do you really think Blizzard won't be able to create a dual wielding melee tank from a mere expansion on what the class has now if it has a full spec to work with?

And warlocks already have the Demon theme and the meta skill. They have the look and the role. They can be given the rotation and abilities with a 4th spec. But what has to remain unique (barring a gameplay reason) to Warlocks is their theme, their flavor, their iconic and class defining moves.

Just about everything else is negotiable.

No. I didn't. I stated something akin to there is nothing in game to disprove the link, no canon reason why a demon hunter could not be designed as a Warlock subspec. That doesn't mean it has to be...just you can't use non-canon supposition to dismiss the idea or concept simply because it doesn't agree with how you want to see the class concept implemented.

Conversely, if you do have such canonical proof, the people need to do more than say it exists,. They need to produce it. And then show how it isn't mere opinion. Which is what happens every single time - the so-called proof turns out to be yet another version "This is my vision of the class".

The "Dark Embrace" is an entity which exists in only one place in game. In the title bestowed upon Telarius. Sure..it MIGHT be a DH organisation. But then again, it might be a metaphor for Death. Or something else. If you have some form of canon proof of this organisation, present it. otherwise, the people training Demon Hunters in game are Illidans Illidari and your opinion that the Dark Embrace is a DH organisation is nothing more than opinion and fanfic.

I'm aware they have different models. But I essentially see little difference between one class turning into a winged purple demon and another class turning into a winged purple demon.

Warlock. Melee moves, demon theme.

Unless Blizzard add a 4th spec to give that capability. Or do you have a reason Blizzard can't do this?

And then gave the Warlocks melee tanking capability

No...the theme. A lot of people try to obscure this by focussing not on the actual theme of the class, but on the classes predominant class of magic...when the magic class used is actually fairly irrelevant.

Tying the class even more tightly together is your idea of pushing them apart? Really? Or did I dream Blizzard explicitly linking DH and Warlock lore?

EJL
    "You went full retard. You never go full retard," Lazarus ~Robert Downey Jr. Tropic Thunder

Swords... oh wow. =.= Link me all the spell swords we have had this expansion. I believe its... 2? May even be... 1. There are only so many casters that can use swords. But... right... since we can only use intell, what use do we have to agil warglaives.... right I forgot, even during that time, Warriors liked those blades. damn...

The flavor that makes a dh a DH is NOT A WARLOCK. A Dh is all about up front and pounding down the enemy with weapons, not cursing the target from a far and nuking with shadowbolts. You must have a huge misconception of what a flavor is a dh. Oh Meta... oh ... damn... no, baddy, all it is a damn eclipse bar. Go play a demonology warlock and a boomkin, and then come back and tell me that is what a demon hunter is. Please, for the love of god, learn before you spout nonsense that the warlock has all that flavor.

Ahhh hell, we are onto fourth specs again? Highly freaking unlikely. Get it out of your head, until they announce such a thing, Fourth Specs will not happen to any other class. Until they announce fourth specs, your entire argument is entire null and void to even bring up fourth specs. They tend to add classes because, A. its easier, and B. the other classes will not bitch about it. Oh you forgot about that? The minimum of fourth specs added to the game, to seem fair, would be 4, including the warlocks. Not to mention, Making entirely new spells for each class, making it more work, than simply adding a new class.

Paladins already had the Light them, Warlocks already have the Shadow theme, Yet, we have Holy and Shadow Priests. Are you serious? You are going to argue themes in this game? Shapeshifting is not druids anymore with shaman Ascendance, Warlock meta, Shadow Priest shadowform. It has been pretty clear that a demon hunters meta is NOT a warlocks meta in lore and IN GAME. The fact remains, You are clinging to a dead hope that Blizzard cannot create a new class with Metamorphosis.

Everything is not negotiatable. Lets see. Makes goblins and gnomes no longer warlocks? No? damn. because they sure as hell should not be demon hunters. Lets see. My Orc wants to morph into its demonic form... not a male night elf/demon hybrid, a demonic ORC... with tits. right... negotiatable. =.=

The fact that you and teriz are clinging to the moment of meta having to look EXACTLY like ILLIDAN is your downfall, and pure stupidity. It even states in Illidan's Lore, he is Unique. Warlocks simply copied this. Demon hunters have there own.

There is are entire canon reasons why Warlocks and Demon Hunters are not the same, or did you not do any of the lore for warlocks this expansion? There needs to be huge retcons, to the point they need to take out the green fire quest chain. Not only that, During the quest chain, You, a "Heroic" warlock subcome to your own demons influence, an imp at that, of pillaging the black temple. Heroic Demon Hunters are not greedy and you find this out during the Feronas quest chain, the Loramus quest chain, the Altruis quest chain. There is canon lore differentiating the two classes, down to the very spells.

The Dark Embrace is going down the "Dark Path" of becoming a demon hunter. Read the damn scroll and quest text.

So Priest, melee, holy light theme.... paladin?
    So Fire mages, Big balls of Fire, and Fire dots... warlock?
    So Druid, using nature magic, shapeshifting... Shaman ascendance?
    So etc... etc... etc... Every class is the same is what I heard from you. So sit down, and be quiet.

4th spec... hmmm... requires huge retcons, lots of added lore, lots of new spells, lots of new talents as the talents of a warlock will make any melee OP as hell, 4th specs for a minimum of 3 other classes, so more spells, more balancing. blah blah blah. Easier to create and balance a new class. Thats it... "creator" and work reasons... Unless you want to balance 4 different specs for 4 other classes. Oh right, you have no idea how much work goes into it.

Are you serious? You think all demon hunters want to be tanks? No. I for one want to be a damn demon hunter that melee dpses and bust out great numbers, all while wielding the powers of the arcane. Oh right you didnt realize, demon hunters use more than just demonic magic. they use a shit ton of magic.

Again. Paladin Vs Priest. -.- the Light vs the Light. for Sargares' sake... learn your classes. There is definately a niche for a demonic melee fighter, because... we all know.. demonic is simply one spec of a warlock right now, otherwise its all curses or fire.

You are dreaming. They went to outlands to gain more power. They came to the conclusion Illidan was freeing Demon's from their corruption, something a warlock does not do. Rather, warlocks force demons to work for them, Illidan freed them from the legion. Go back and do the damn quest again. Kanrethad did gain more power and became a demon, all while summoning demons to rid you, far more demons than anything. He became an all powerful warlock, using chaos bolts, summoning 60 imps, 2 fel hunters, 1 pitlord, and even using Deathwings cataclysm... oh, right... since warlocks stole that magic, must make deathwing a warlock... no... this time a demon hunter right? because ONE CLASS STEALS ANOTHER CLASSES ABILITY DOES NOT MAKE IT THERE OWN! Kanrethad said he created his metamorphosis off of Illidan's corrupted form, its like stealing Deathwing's Cataclysm... Or am I making too much sense for your sheer amount of knowledge? Was I the only one that actually paid attention to class?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That really isn't a niche. It also doesn't help your argument that Warlocks can already transform into near-Melee demons themselves.

Yeah, and what you don't understand is that none of those are alike. Generating magic from martial arts gives you an entirely different set of abilities than nature magic that allows you to transform into animals.

As for Paladins and Priests, you're talking about one class that uses holy magic for healing, DPS, and Tanking, and another class that uses holy magic to only heal.

Warlocks and DHs? Both would be using Demonic magic for DPS. The fact that they share abilities makes this overlap even worse.
    Serious? Yes it is a niche, because that is not the Only thing a demon hunter would do? just like how a Warlock just doesnt use Demonology. pretty Sure most warlocks now adays are either Affliction or Destruction, since demonology went down the crapper till 560-570ilvl.

Generating magic from martial arts? right.... Soothing mist channel... yay martial arts. =.= Mistweaving is not martial arts. that is straight nature magic. Oh... Holy magic dps... HELLO Discpline priest? Holy Fire! Smite! Smite! Smite! PENANCE!!!!! =.= you really dont know your classes do you?

Dhs dont have to? They can be done to do whatever they feel like. shared abilities... please. there are already plenty of abilities shared out to every class.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-11-07 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious? Yes it is a niche, because that is not the Only thing a demon hunter would do? just like how a Warlock just doesnt use Demonology. pretty Sure most warlocks now adays are either Affliction or Destruction, since demonology went down the crapper till 560-570ilvl.
    It still isn't a niche. The niche you're talking about is melee that also uses magic. There's plenty of specs in WoW that do that. Source of magic is pretty immaterial. The main thing is the combination of melee fighter and magic user, and its already a pretty crowded field. Enhancement Shaman felt that DKs stole a lot of their design when they were implemented. Rogues felt the same way when Monks were implemented. All will feel that way if DHs are implemented.

Generating magic from martial arts? right.... Soothing mist channel... yay martial arts. =.= Mistweaving is not martial arts. that is straight nature magic. Oh... Holy magic dps... HELLO Discpline priest? Holy Fire! Smite! Smite! Smite! PENANCE!!!!! =.= you really dont know your classes do you?
    You do know that Monks can heal by doing melee damage right? Its called Fistweaving. Look it up sometime.

Discipline is still a healing spec buddy.

Dhs dont have to? They can be done to do whatever they feel like. shared abilities... please. there are already plenty of abilities shared out to every class.
    No, there are abilities that are somewhat similar, but they aren't the same ability, with the same name, that come from the same source. Where do you think Blizzard came up with Metamorphosis? Look no further than the model that they used for the Warlock metamorphosis graphic; Illidan.

You do know that Monks can heal by doing melee damage right? Its called Fistweaving. Look it up sometime.
    Still doesn't change the lore behind monk healing, which is the use of Mists to heal, which is pretty much a form of shamanism. Of course, we have no reason to say otherwise because Blizzard says so.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still isn't a niche. The niche you're talking about is melee that also uses magic. There's plenty of specs in WoW that do that. Source of magic is pretty immaterial. The main thing is the combination of melee fighter and magic user, and its already a pretty crowded field. Enhancement Shaman felt that DKs stole a lot of their design when they were implemented. Rogues felt the same way when Monks were implemented. All will feel that way if DHs are implemented.

Discipline is still a healing spec buddy.

No, there are abilities that are somewhat similar, but they aren't the same ability, with the same name, that come from the same source. Where do you think Blizzard came up with Metamorphosis? Look no further than the model that they used for the Warlock metamorphosis graphic; Illidan.
    Well, your entire statement has proven to me how angry i get at sheer stupidity.

1. its a niche. Doesnt give a damn if its the niche you want or how ever narrow it it, just like a freaking DESTRUCTION WARLOCK, ITS STILL A FREAKING NICHE!

2. Fistweaving is the same damn thing as Smite Healing. I simply proved my damn point that HEY, Priest still do DPS with HOLY. You just dont want to admit it as you are too stubborn to. AND I also proved that MISTweaving is the exact same as shamanism and freaking druidism. but Hey, your all powerful great intellect is not letting you see the OBVIOUS.

3. Vanilla: Only two classes had pets and 1 with a "guardian", no matter what. then they evolved. But hey those classes stole from the first three. No one complained. Soo You want to complain about a single spell, how about you give back all the pets and the guardians you have given out to every class. Oh Sorry, to far back for your remembrance? How about now, with metamorphosis. Since you are sooooo hung up on this damn form. Its basically freaking moonkin form. Used to not be, just a cooldown, which made it better, but now we have IDIOTS saying, oh hey that is exactly how a demon hunter would play, when in reality it was already taken away because it was a cool down, but hey technicalities, right?

So Back to the moonkin crap, currently, all is is an eclipse bar, and basically says hey fill me up and deplete me in demon form. Well damn, that not a very hard concept to imagine. But, oh, its a temporary form, damn. so... shit, lets find someone with a temporary form... oh SHAMAN. or... Druid with Tree of Life... god damn... so many form spells. There cant be any that are similar are there.... ahhh damn... shaman and druid are quite similar, but also different. But wait, if dh came into existence... "it will be demon on demon action, herp derp i cant think of anything better than that cause I have no imagination myehhhh" is all i hear, because, since when did lore completely state that every spec of a demon hunter needs metamorphosis, just like how all shamans need spirit wolves or earthquake. Oh right, because metamorphosis is the name... not like... it cant be renamed... like animate dead to army of the dead or death coil... to mortal coil. Oh but the act of changing into a demon.... RAWR!!! Freaking kidding me? You that dumb to think that an ORC DEMON HUNTER is going to become a Night Elf Demon Hybrid unique ONLY to Illidan? You must have some serious messed up lore, or just a straight moron. I dont know, a Fel-Orc seems minorly demon like to me and more than likely a base towards their full corruption form, like how Night Elves is towards Satyr... OMG. Thats right. You are stuck on the fact that if someone goes "RAWR DEMON FORM!!!!!" they have to transform into Illidan. =.= baddie. Why Do you think my FEMALE ORC WARLOCK transforms into a Corrupted Form of Illidan? because WE STOLE THE FORM AS THE BASIS FOR OUR ABILITY, JUST LIKE KANRETHAD STOLE CATACLYSM FROM FREAKING DEATH WING!!! Freaking hell. How hard is this to get through your head? Blah blah metamorphosis blah blah.

With due note, I censored alot of my words.