Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Post [BlizzCon 2013] Countdowns and chat

As with every BlizzCon, the community-ran IRC chat channel to discuss all things BlizzCon is back again for this years edition!

During BlizzCon 2009 we had over 400 people in the channel, with a record of ~600 in the previous year. It was an extremely fun experience and we hope to break the record this year!

We have an IRC bot (thanks QuakeNet!) that announces when events begin to make sure you don't miss your favorite panels.

We also have a mini-site where you can use a webchat client and keep an eye on the schedule (in local time, with countdowns as seen on MMO-Champion). Click!

Other than joining the webchat, you can also download an IRC client such as HexChat and point it towards irc.quakenet.org #blizzcon.

We hope to see you around!

You can disable notifications of people leaving and joining in the options:

Last edited by chaud; 2013-11-08 at 12:25 AM.

eh nice feature !

wow
    so blue
    much like
    so chat
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOOOOO BLIZZCON literally can't wait, got the snacks and drinks ready! #yolo #swag #cashmoneymoney

Deleted
    At what time/day is the announcement of the next xpac title to be expected? any1 know?

Argghhh cannot wait any longer :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogozjin View Post
    At what time/day is the announcement of the next xpac title to be expected? any1 know?
    http://eu.battle.net/blizzcon/en/event-info/schedule/friday-schedule

Doesn't say explicitly but no doubt it'll be fairly early in the event on the Warcraft stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know how to connect to the chat. I have it downloaded. lol =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    wow
    so blue
    much like
    so chat
    World of Dogecraft
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

10+ Year Old Account
    under the chat frame on that site is the full schedule with the time next to each event... it's already converted to your computer's time just check there... anyway it'll be 21:00 GMT+2

or you know... on the frontpage where the big countdown is... it'll be in the opening ceremony.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-11-08 at 01:05 AM.

The WoW announcement is so damn early for a week day.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Good to see it again !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    World of Dogecraft
    I approve

btw anyone got links for free private streams?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsm View Post
    I approve

btw anyone got links for free private streams?
    That would be illegal and posting it would probably get someone banned. Not really worth it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Probably at opening ceremonies. They ran the introductory trailers for D3 and Mists of Pandaria at the 2011 Blizzcon. So that would be 11am PST.

10+ Year Old Account
    What time zone is being used for those events on the chat page? Because the info session on World of Warcraft starts at 21:30 CET and on the chat page it says 23:30.

So how long after Blizzcon starts, until they show the next wow xpac? Is it like right after opening cermony or is it not until few hours in or?

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    What time zone is being used for those events on the chat page? Because the info session on World of Warcraft starts at 21:30 CET and on the chat page it says 23:30.
    There's some panels missing from the chat schedule, we'll fix it later. The regular schedule on our site and on MMO-Champion is correct. Fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    So how long after Blizzcon starts, until they show the next wow xpac? Is it like right after opening cermony or is it not until few hours in or?
    They announce it during the opening ceremony, and expand on it at a later panel.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2013-11-08 at 01:27 PM.

Still don't get how the charge people to watch them advertise. :S Would it not be better for business to offer the live stream free so people could watch it all over the world and see what Blizzard and games like Warcraft are all about? Just don't get why they aim it at such a small audience.

I got a ticket last year and regret it waste of cash since there were plenty of people streaming it free and uploading it to youtube anyway.

Most people here will be watching it for the 30mins (around that) next expan talk. I dont count the Q&A following announcement as thats always awkward to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chaos View Post
    Still don't get how the charge people to watch them advertise. :S Would it not be better for business to offer the live stream free so people could watch it all over the world and see what Blizzard and games like Warcraft are all about? Just don't get why they aim it at such a small audience.

I got a ticket last year and regret it waste of cash since there were plenty of people streaming it free and uploading it to youtube anyway.

Most people here will be watching it for the 30mins (around that) next expan talk. I dont count the Q&A following announcement as thats always awkward to watch.
    Yea ud think that part of that $15 a month we pay that im sure paid for a portion of this event would entitle us to at least watch it.

Sure, charge the plebs that want to make the holy voyage to mecca to see it live, but us loyal, paying customers should get to watch it as well without paying more money to a company we already pay monthly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's finally the day, oh yeahhhh! Been waiting all week, only another 5 hours to go!