Poll: How long will Soo Last before we have a new raid released

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    We'll know in 18 hours, my guess will be untill february, I think blizz will suprise EVERYONE and push out the next expac early 2014
    I really doubt that since in that case the beta test should already be in full swing.

2 months already behind
    X5 F&F alpha until January 15th (2 months)
    X5 beta until May 15th (4 months)
    Pre-X5 patch with no raid content June 15th
    Pre-launch events in July and August
    X5 launch end of August
    ------------------------------------------------------
    11.5 months, my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    2 months already behind
    X5 launch end of August
    11.5 months, my guess.
    Friends and Family could of started already, and they've been sealed real tight on the info.

Or maybe they're just not going to do it, and they're going with just internal testing, figuring that a invite only beta might get the odd ends?

Also, I vote 4-6, Blizzard knows DS was bad, I doubt they'd do that again since they're slowly decreasing in subs.

Deleted
    One month for each boss. ICC had 12 and lasted 12 months, DS had 8 and lasted 8-9, SoO has 14, so it should last 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    im gonna go with 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Friends and Family could of started already, and they've been sealed real tight on the info.

Or maybe they're just not going to do it, and they're going with just internal testing, figuring that a invite only beta might get the odd ends?

Also, I vote 4-6, Blizzard knows DS was bad, I doubt they'd do that again since they're slowly decreasing in subs.

If it included non-employees, there would have been a leak at some point.

It is possible they could skip F&F altogether and shave 2 months off my guesstimate and release it in late spring/early summer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I would guess almost a year from now. The next expansion hasn't even been formally announced yet, so who knows how far away the beta is.
    Well as isual 5-6 months once beta is released there is a expansion.They kept the expansion in secret but that doenst mean that they dint have family alpha already
    I also hope that there wont be more that 7 months mark from blizzcon coz i dint see a point of filler raid.They have to make something massive like SWP which only is resourses lost

minimum of 8 maximum of 12

If it included non-employees, there would have been a leak at some point.
    Pretty much. At the very least you would have heard that it started.
    I can't imagine them getting it out faster than in six months but it would be another huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    They did say a 5.5 but, they didn't specify on what it would be. Maybe a mini raid (hopefully not as bad as ruby sanctum) or a giant pre xpac event (I still remember that WOTLK pre xpac event, sooo amazing).
    No, actually they didn't say anything about a 5.5. As for the poll, there can't be 17 people dumb enough to think 1-3 months, can there? Like people this dumb don't seriously exist, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    I remember reading that there will be another patch after 5.4 and b4 6.0
    Yes but they said there would be no RAID patch. A bit of filler either IN or in a mini patch before.... the new expansion "pre" patch,

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Consider TOT lasted 6 months, I won't count on what bliz said about their projected time for each tier。
    They projected raids would last 6 months. ToT lasted 6 months. Are you confused?

Deleted
    I think 6 months, maybe a bit more, as it is a whole expansion, rather then a raidpatch, which means something can always happen in the beta. But yeah, 6 months sound good

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    O GOD NO NOT A PRE-WRATH! We didn't raid for weeks because people were all infected with zombies. I liked the pre-BC one elemental attacking all over the place that was fun. But a PRE-XPAC would be 6.0 then the real relise would be 6.1
    Zombie invasion started on 22nd October 2008, by 27th October 2008 the infection had been cured - although the scourge continued to invade (just we no longer turned to zombies).... (http://www.wowwiki.com/Scourge_Invasion). So it was a week of zombies...... although it did seem longer I admit! I remember sitting in Shatt on my netherdrake up in the air where I was safe while chatting to guildies. You couldnt land anywhere or you got zombiefied!

10+ Year Old Account
    i can almost bet we're gonna see beta starting the week after blizzcon. no way they're gonna let a game that's dropping in subs quick have the same content for another 5-6 months. hell, as a casual raider, im already 562 and feel burned out with SoO. Don't think i'll continue much further, time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i voted 7-9 months. seems about right. expansion will most likely be announced at blizzcon and i expect itll probably take them around 6 months from announcement to release
    They only really ever announce things like this at Blizzcon and next Blizzcon would make this expansion be a year LONGER than previous ones. There is no way they could get away with making mop last 3 years without having a BIG problem (more than usual) with people leaving the game. That means they really HAVE to announce it at Blizzcon. After Moreheim says his introduction welcome bit.... Metzen will get up and shout it out as he usually does. I expect the new expansion to be announced around 30 mins after blizzcon starts today.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    7 months: 5.5 late Jan, 6.0 in May, Xpac in June, right before Q2 ends to boost their numbers. March (Q1) would have been my other choice but that would be 4-5 months from announcement to launch and that isn't realistic. Anything after late Spring is going to piss off a lot of people that they probably don't want to piss off (i.e. paying customers).
    Last edited by Permatree; 2013-11-08 at 07:43 AM. Reason: maths

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I doubt they would release an expansion during summer. Lot's of people play a lot less during summer.
    True, but counter that with a lot more people leaving the game if its a long wait. I think blizz will have to balance the two.

15+ Year Old Account
    May 14th 2014.

2 months already behind
    X5 launch end of August
    11.5 months, my guess.
    I can see some of these but the latter few start to get far too long....

F&F till Jan sounds about right....
    Beta will May sounds about right.....
    Pre patch doesnt need to wait until after beta so can come before may..
    Pre launch events do not need 2 months.....
    So we could easily see a June/July launch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    No, actually they didn't say anything about a 5.5. As for the poll, there can't be 17 people dumb enough to think 1-3 months, can there? Like people this dumb don't seriously exist, right?
    It's called being optimistic.... or maybe dreaming Personally I voted 7-9 (im not THAT optimistic )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkimatsu View Post
    i can almost bet we're gonna see beta starting the week after blizzcon. no way they're gonna let a game that's dropping in subs quick have the same content for another 5-6 months. hell, as a casual raider, im already 562 and feel burned out with SoO. Don't think i'll continue much further, time wise.
    This is a good point..... Im around 530+ on at least three characters and apart from a couple of flex runs on one character ive only done LFR. Dispite people HATING the loot system in LFR people get loot from it on average faster than they did before this loot system. Considering that there will be MANY who only do LFR they will probably all be geared up and VP upgraded everything they can WAY before 6 months more have gone past and will have nothing to do.