Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse 25m. NEED TIPS FOR BELT DPS

Hello friends and compatriots. My guild is currently working on heroic 25m blackfuse and a lot of our dps have been struggling with doing belts properly, either dps or just not living. I wanted to ask if you guys had any tips for the belt. Anything I can use to help our raiders do better up there. I'd also like to know what the best dps specs and classes are for the belt and which ones are not good for the belt. Any assistance would be much appreciated, thank you!

Putting all the melee/hunters there is the first step. You want all ranged possible to be on main platform to deal with Shockwave Missile turrets and Mines.

Best specs as far as I know are:
    -Combat Rogues
    -BM Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Putting all the melee/hunters there is the first step. You want all ranged possible to be on main platform to deal with Shockwave Missile turrets and Mines.

-Combat Rogues
    -BM Hunters
    Sub provides better burst, you have dance for every belt w/ AoC.

WW monks + a dot class (or ranged)

eg; we use 2 WW who go up every time via self teleport/pipe alternating.
    And 2 warlocks, alternating themselves. (their self teleport is placed at the pipe entrance.
    And 2 hunters, using the disengage trick alternated with just taking the pipe.
    Last edited by Jaydenkor; 2013-11-08 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post

And 2 warlocks, alternating themselves. (their self teleport is placed at the pipe entrance.
    Does the warlock port still work? What spec do they play for it? I heard destro was good for it if you pooled embers, but I don't know a lot about it.

For hunters, all I've seen are survival hunters (and one marksman hunter) do belts. What is it about BM that makes it better than survival and why? Are either specs reliant on specific trinkets to do the damage they need to do on the belt? if so, which trinkets?

and what can I tell people in order for them to stay alive up there?

rets/rogues/hunters/warriors/ferals all work very well for belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    Hello friends and compatriots. My guild is currently working on heroic 25m blackfuse and a lot of our dps have been struggling with doing belts properly, either dps or just not living. I wanted to ask if you guys had any tips for the belt. Anything I can use to help our raiders do better up there. I'd also like to know what the best dps specs and classes are for the belt and which ones are not good for the belt. Any assistance would be much appreciated, thank you!
    Don't over complicate it, and don't over think it, is my best advice. 80%+ of your wipes will be due to belt failures. If someone is chronically failing at the belt, put them full-time on the boss and give someone else a chance.

We used Rogues, Warriors, Hunters, Mages, WW, and a Druid.

Damage on the boss is by now really trivial. Let the people on the belt rotate their cooldowns - they don't need them on the boss and you don't need every 2-3 minutes cooldowns at once. Preferable classes have already been mentioned. I personally really like hunters the most as it is the class that has the easiest time surviving and dealing damage up there.
    You really don't need to risk shit so any player that has lacking movement should just stay on the belt till he gets pulled down. It will prevent tons of pointless brezz uses. Damage should be enough to still kill it in the first missile phase or at the very least before the deathdealers.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    rets/rogues/hunters/warriors/ferals all work very well for belts.
    You should never EVER put a Feral on the belt. Ferals take as long to set up their bleeds as the targets live. Ferals are best kept tunneling the boss full time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should never EVER put a Feral on the belt. Ferals take as long to set up their bleeds as the targets live. Ferals are best kept tunneling the boss full time.
    This is what we've been doing, you can use this to see attempt by attempt and which dps were doing the most and who went up on which missles

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pw...289&boss=71504

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rogues, warriors, hunters and rets are the best in my experience. Other classes can of course go as well if you don't have enough, but they are unlikely to perform as well.

While progressing on the fight, you will have a lot of problems with the belt, both deaths and not killing the weapon in time. Just part of the fight.

Can I take this opportunity to ask here: Our raid has drawn the conclusion that you can't res players that are dead on the belt, even if the resser jumps into the pipe. Does this fit with your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Can I take this opportunity to ask here: Our raid has drawn the conclusion that you can't res players that are dead on the belt, even if the resser jumps into the pipe. Does this fit with your experiences?
    10 man so I could be wrong, but anytime someone died on the belt for us he would get ported back to the middle eventually and we could rez him. At least I think so since I have never died on the belt :X

There was a case if I recall where the guy just stayed dead on the belt though. Not sure what triggers that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    10 man so I could be wrong, but anytime someone died on the belt for us he would get ported back to the middle eventually and we could rez him. At least I think so since I have never died on the belt :X

There was a case if I recall where the guy just stayed dead on the belt though. Not sure what triggers that.
    I can say that many times we have had a player die on the belt and they did not teleport down below. I can't say if they were resurrectable or not.

-Combat Rogues
    -BM Hunters
    Don't underestimate survival and subtlety

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post

Does Monk teleport still work? We used Monk Transendence for first 2 kills, then we lost our Monk due to RL issue. Got a new monk last week and he claimed it was fixed and his Transcendence despawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Baece
    This is (or at least was) true. During progression we couldn't rez people who died on belt. Was 25, but I see no reason 10M would be difference since they both share the same mechanic.

Use Tricks of the Trade on your strongest dps.
    For us is was a warrior.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SliGhR View Post
    Use Tricks of the Trade on your strongest dps.
    For us is was a warrior.
    It's my understanding Tricks doesn't stack with warrior Enrage.

Zol, if you had just asked I would have told you everything last night, BTW its Tohr.

Probably not, but we're short on people atm and our ferals do fine alternating on the belts. I guess we'll let them tunnel the boss once our roster fleshes out again.

I've only ever done the belt as survival myself, but I know that BM works just as well. I can't imagine MM not working either. Coupled with the facts that you can do every belt, you can cast whilst moving and you're ranged with a pet (that can attack the targets before they're in range and once they're out of range at the other end) - hunters are basically godlike for the belt.

Excluding hunters, we've used mages, an ele shaman, a DK, warriors, ferals, a retri.. depending on who's available. Mages tend to be pretty bad at it, but I honestly don't know if that's just our mages or mages in general. Rogues are pretty amazing and warriors/ferals are decent as well. We've been using 6 people per belt (apart from the first belt, 3manning that) since the start of progress, 2 hunters + 2 groups of 4 alternating.

I don't know about that, our ferals have always done just fine on the belt and we have 3 of them. I'm not arguing that they're better at tunneling the boss than running to the belt and then back again every minute or so, but you could say the same thing about all the classes. Tunneling boss > belt in terms of dps but someone has to do it. If you don't have 5 hunters to take every belt, ferals are one very good option to put on the belt.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa