Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I am going to go from left field and say High Elves for Alliance and Humans (Defias/pirates/rebels) for Horde. They already have the models, so it would really cut down on time. They have half the storyline built in. They could say, see 2 new races, people should be happy as they have asked about them forever. Best part, it would save a ton of money for building the next expansion.

Will it happen, probably not. But it would be funny.

Slip
    How there isnt a group of humans who are hated by the alliance and not taking refuge with the Horde yet, is beyond me. But new factions/groups rise in wow and are put down instantly by some adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    How there isnt a group of humans who are hated by the alliance and not taking refuge with the Horde yet, is beyond me.
    Because those same groups either hate the Horde more than they do the Alliance or hate both factions equally, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightmare View Post
    Horde:
    Ogres

Stonemaul Ogres. Already a part of the Horde but finally playable. Starting zone ... a phased Dustwallow Marsh?

Classes: Warrior, Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Hunter?, Priest (think of the ones in Shadow Form in Zangarmarsh), Death Knight? (Since the Lich King has always been able to raise them ... but he just hasn't.)
    Mount: Thunderlizards? My friend said that might be too similar to the Mushan mount ... he suggested boars. Ogres riding big battle boars sounds pretty cool :P
    City: Orgrimmar - Redecorate the Goblin Slums and move them out to Bilgewater Harbour ... it's big enough to be a City anyway.
    Faction Leader: Rexxar
    Could work because there are Ogres on Outland/Draenor too, and they fit into a very primal, warlordish culture.
    How about Feralas for Horde and Alliance can claim their own territory there at Dustwallow, and even Brackenwall can be moved to Feralas.

Would love Clefthooves as mounts for the Ogres, and they can be more classes like Warrior, Monk, Mage, Hunter (Wouldn't mind seeing a Gorilla join the Ogre to as their companion pet for the leveling up), Shaman, Priest, Rogue and maybe Warlock and Death Knight.

Rexxar would be the leader of them, and even Dire Maul would make a awesome city, and another dungeon for players can be that large mountain to the south.
    Would be nice to if the Alliance Forces was moved to Ashvenvale or even the night elves own home and make sure to claim Gilneas back for the Worgen, and I would like to see Danath Trollbane again and make him take Stromgarde as a main base for Alliance.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    So, let's assume Warlords of Draenor is the new expansion, let's assume blizzard does add two new playable races. What would they be? Ethreal? Arrakoa?

Sexy Robots?
    Rumor was Ethreal for Allys, and something else for Horde.
    Would make sense since the Alliance is yet to have a heavily wealth invested race. I'd personally love Arrakoa for Horde, but don't really think we'll get it

Glad to see i'm not the only High elf supporter. ^_^

Probably Attroka for the Alliance. I mean the Etherials are a possibility but there's not much to work with here. They have no archtecture, just a few lamps and tents, they have little background and they are regarded as mercs that are part of an existing faction from another dimension. And FFS they are light-bulbs with bandages.

The bird-men on the other hand have a better shaped culture, complete with an architectural theme and they are not "evil" well some of them aren't. They don't seem to be serving a greater purpose, I'm talking about the refugees outside of fighting the Terrok-worshippers, I'm not certain of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    I swear to God, if Horde gets Naga or Ogre. and Alliance gets Arakkoa or Ethereal I will be SO PISSED. I want Arakkoa Druid!!!!!
    I know, Arakkoa are so awesome, right?

Might actually ditch my troll shammy for an Arakkoa one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give us Ogres already!!!

They helped Thrall in WC3, there's no reason why they shouldn't be playable. -cry-
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Big, but IMO i don't think they will come up with 2 new races, why? cause there are many other races that have been asked a lot for, that have the perfect oportunity now (AKA: Ogres, Ethereals, Arakkoa, Demon based race, etc...)
    That makes sense but I can't help feeling at times that stuff like, say, Jinyu or wolvar etc. not being playable is like a waste of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    I want gnolls for the Horde!

"Yipe! Yipe!"
    Yes, Yes, why not!.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Pandaren say hello.

Arakkoa are awesome.
    +1 again. 10chars.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    Blizzard already said they dont want to do another neutral race so I really doubt naga will be neutral if playable at all (it would be tedious figuring out how pants and boots are gonna look on the lower half of all nagas).
    Oh my goooood! When will people stop MISQUOTING THIS SHIT? GHOSTCRAWLER said he didn't like the fact that they did a neutral race, but the other devs actually liked it since it allowed them to focus all their efforts on one race and one zone and polish it out the wazoo. PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...onecrusher.jpg

I want this skin colour, and anyone going to name their Ogre Shrek?

Just wondering, and still what colours to do you want to see, and their race racials?
    Well the existing skin colors:
    Beige, Light grey, dark grey, light blue, orange, red, purplish-grey, yellow [Please no green - already got too many of those)

Facial markings : Red, black, blue, grey, brown [Edit: their attire reminds me of sumo wrestlers and the markings and physique got some E.Honda theme going one there..]

I also hope that they gve each variant a different eye color/style (something like what they did with male worgen faces

Racials: Ogre's Strength (+2% Strength) (ok maybe this is OP)

Clobber: 3 min cd, singe target 10 yard knockback and 1s stun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Which ever the horde gets, they better be able to be paladins. I've been pooped on every expansion for a while, minus BC of course.
    Yes this is something the devs should consider. Either a new race or unlock undead paladins.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2013-11-08 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How would High Elves make sense in this context?

Anyway, Ogres for the Horde makes most sense. And for Alliance, I'd rather see either Arakkoa or Ethereals.
    going back 20 years, High Elfs were strong force in the alliance.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagang View Post
    I'm sad that everyone seems to be saying ogres. I really want naga fr horde
    The problem is that Nagas don't look like a race that would be added in a Draenor/outland centric expansion, so they will most likely come with the South Seas expansion (or something with Azshara as main antagonist)

Deleted
    I know this wont happen , but wouldnt it be cool to have an 2 headed ogre... maybe for a special event or guild quest or something , where each head is a different playable class and you and your friend get to play togather with it ? Like comunicating who is going to cast now since you have 1 body and 2 heads , cant cast 2 spells at once , stuff like that...
    On a note for Ethereals... i dont think they can be a playable race since...well...they are ethereals , bit hard to put a shield and a steel plate on it maybe ?
    For class i do hope for some sort of a warlord , that would be cooler than a demon hunter , atleast for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could Naga even be a playable race? What would Blizzard do about the boots and pants slot for armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    How could Naga even be a playable race? What would Blizzard do about the boots and pants slot for armor?
    Exactly, even though its pissible to view in the modelviewer. Nagas dont seem to fit the whole humanoid type race template

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    going back 20 years, High Elfs were strong force in the alliance.
    But a lot of players don't want to get a rehashed model with different color eyes. And don't say 'they can model them different'. They are the same race. And personally, I know the reason people want them on Alliance is because they don't want to play Horde. I could only justify it if they added it as a human-sub race and it didn't interfere with adding other NEW options to players.

Personally, my vote is for Arakkoa as the NEW race.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading this thread reminds me of how many people actually know lore.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    But a lot of players don't want to get a rehashed model with different color eyes. And don't say 'they can model them different'. They are the same race. And personally, I know the reason people want them on Alliance is because they don't want to play Horde. I could only justify it if they added it as a human-sub race and it didn't interfere with adding other NEW options to players.

Personally, my vote is for Arakkoa as the NEW race.
    A LOT of people don't want another furry/feathery/scaly race either. Pretty sure you are outnumbered.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

As much as I want neutral Ethereals to be the new race, we really need something new. Maybe like the Tengu in Guild Wars?