Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a success imo, and I hope that they continue to implement both more features/nuances to the pet battles. (Although, we don't need any more types. I hope they dont add more types)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    So cut down the UI team so they don't need to make pet battles and get some more xxxxxxx devs with the same money!
    You don't know how game development works. ever think that some people may like them? like, a lot of people?

I see that you are 9/14 heroic. Maybe we should move some of the raid developers to the PvP team, considering PvE is a stupid waste to a lot of people, therefore developing PvE content is a waste of time because not everyone is head over heals for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not like them. For me they are Pokemon minus any fun associated with Pokemon. I think that Blizzard took the Pet Battles idea and ran way too fast with it.

Also, the fact that some pets that were previously BoP could now be traded killed the fun of collecting for me.

I think it's a decent start but they need to fix a few things.

Queueing vs equally skilled players/equal number of lvl 25 pets for instance...
    Fix diversity among pets (don't just add pets for the sake of adding pets - make them different somehow other than name)
    More balance

I haven't tried pet battles yet.

Not because I have anything against it (I don't, and am currently over 60 hours into Pokemon X) but because I usually have something else I'd rather do when I am on WoW.

Enjoy them quiet a lot- nice mini game to do in downtime. It is one of the reasons I still play. So to all of those 'waste of timers' that's my opinion of PVP in general so to each their own. If you want them to stop making/supporting content -I- enjoy, they can stop making things you enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriscats View Post
    I loved collecting pets out in the world, or visiting old raids to get pets, but I hated fighting the harder pet trainers/masters. Once I hit the MOP pet masters I felt like you always needed a very specific set of pets to win, and I just didn't have it in me to level up a few more pets just to beat one master.
    That's my biggest gripe as well. Otherwise I love it to bits, and I've slowly been collecting my way through Azeroth and beyond. I could just about get the Pandaren Master trainers, and then the fable pets hit, which really sucked any enjoyment out of it. Mainly because it seemed liked you either had to use a specific team to cheese the fight, or you had to have the patience for RNG to produce the exact right breed of a specific wild pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by robodin View Post
    That's my biggest gripe as well. Otherwise I love it to bits, and I've slowly been collecting my way through Azeroth and beyond. I could just about get the Pandaren Master trainers, and then the fable pets hit, which really sucked any enjoyment out of it. Mainly because it seemed liked you either had to use a specific team to cheese the fight, or you had to have the patience for RNG to produce the exact right breed of a specific wild pet.
    Agreeing with this too. Pet battles are even more difficult than the pokémon games sometimes, and while that's certainly a good thing it's also kind of frustrating. I've collected more than 532 unique pets, almost every single one available in the game, and pet battles only made it more frustrating than it was rewarding.

I haven't even gotten the pets from the celestial tournament because it's too much of a hassle grinding them up to 25.

Deleted
    Started off really cool then I got bored really fast hmm maybe it's me Ive lost interest at most things lately

I would love more depth, more types of pets, a defense stat like they showed at blizzcon 2011 and pet gems, hopefully we will get some of that the next expansion.

Deleted
    Fantastic addition to the game, as shocked as I am to say that considering how dumb it initially sounded.

Can't say I really crave more "depth", there's already a fair bit you can do in pvp pet battles.
    PVE ones get a bit stale, but eh.

I think it's fun as is, I don't think there should be a need to aim for much balance in something like pet battles, I'd rather have fun and variety.