Record blizzcon stream foorage for youtube

Hey guys so do you thing that i will get copyright strikes on my youtube account if i will upload some blizzcon stream footage after the event ends ?

Deleted
    there is other footage up there so i dont think so. maybe just don't monetise it

After the event has ended there shouldn't be a problem.

i thought so too.. but then people started telling me that is copyright and stuff and now i'm kinda skeptic about it and don't know what to do.. because i don;t wanna get strikes on my youtube account :P so does anyone know for sure if i'm allowed to do it or not ? :P Thanks

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you in theory just use the Youtube streaming service to do it live, or would that be illegal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Can you in theory just use the Youtube streaming service to do it live, or would that be illegal?
    Streaming it live would be a problem. Do not do that. After the event ends, but not during it.

Is there any particular reason you'd want to be doing this in the first place? My guess is that your motivation is to get more views and attention for your Youtube channel. Am I off base?

If that's your motivation, probably best to not upload anything.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Streaming it live would be a problem. Do not do that. After the event ends, but not during it.
    I'm not going to do it at all, I was just wondering. Regardless, thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Is there any particular reason you'd want to be doing this in the first place? My guess is that your motivation is to get more views and attention for your Youtube channel. Am I off base?

If that's your motivation, probably best to not upload anything.
    Well just because i love blizzard and i am so excited about BLIZZCON.. i want to share it with others because since 2009 till last year the only place i could see footage from blizzcons was on youtube and now i have the opportunity to share high quality footage with others that could not buy a virtual ticket...

Fair enough. I imagine the worst that'll happen is having it removed by Youtube if Blizzard has a problem with it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to guess, I would say they have Staff actively searching stream websites, including Youtube, just to find and shut down streams. I remember one year I was cheap and wanted to find a stream, only problem was the stream wouldn't last for very long because it would get shut down quick. Just wait until the event is over before streaming/uploading any footage.

Aye after, not during,

Also add in some of your own comments, voice over re arrange clips, make it your own youll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Aye after, not during,

Also add in some of your own comments, voice over re arrange clips, make it your own youll be fine
    that's a nice idea .. i think i will do that :P i will just record it and hopefully in 2 days the guys from blizz will give me a straight answer.. :P if not.. they go up with a little bit of editing :P

Thanks guys.. :P

- - - Updated - - -

well guys... i just got my answer from a Customer Support Forum MVP on us.battle.net .. and he said : "Yes. You'll get in trouble.

Don't do it."

well i guess it kinda sucks