Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Some Shado Pan jailers are going to lose their jobs. How the hell did they let Garrosh escape?
    Anyways I knew this was one of the possible scenarios where Blizzard would reuse a lore character again after almost an entire expansion focused on taking him down. Wish Thrall executed him then & there.

Well either way I'm excited for the new character models, the ones they previewed looks awesome, I can't wait for the Human models (seeing that almost all my toons are humans).
    How did he escape?

If Draenor is being brought back into the gaming world. There is no doubt that this PART 1 EXPANSIONS IS: Warlords of Draenor (WHO GET BACK IN ACTION BECAUSE OF TIME CORRECTION)

followed by:

World of Warcraft: RETURN OF THE LEGION (WHO FOLLOWED THE FOOTSTEPS OF AN ORC WHO FIGURED OUT HOW TO GO BACK IN TIME AND CHANGE SHIT UP, WHEN THOUSANDS OF DEMONS SAT THERE WATCHING).

Their explanation is pretty thin. I expected rigorous material... this is just a huge "what the f***" deus ex machina move.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-11-08 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    How is this time travel going to work with the story?
    We aren't going back in time, the Dark Portal is turning red, bad guys are coming through. We look at the Orc Clans as they were, but things are happening now. The end of this expansion will launch the next one.
    So, uh

Are the characters who were on Draenor and are still alive (Would that just be Velen now?) just going to have Elseworld clones running around?

For that matter, is there now an Elseworld Azeroth that you could theoretically build a portal to?

This had me confused also... we are visiting Draenor, which basically is obliterated, without going back in time? They said at the panel Garrosh was time travelling... I honestly don't know, I'm just confused. I'll go to bed now.

If Garrosh went back in time and orcs never drank the demon blood how do our horde orcs then exist? I'm missing something here >.<

"Yes we'll see them" as a direct answer to the question "Will we see the legion this xpac?"
    Thats all I wanted to hear.

Does Grom age?
    Yes, he is aging. He is old enough to be Thrall's dad now.
    I see what he did there

inc speculations that Grom is Thralls real father

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    It's pathetic how many people can't grasp the concept and how this is NOT a time travel expansion:

Garrosh is the only one that goes back in time. Him preventing the Orcs from drinking the demon blood changed the course of history. Because of this, Draenor is still intact and the Iron Horde are on our doorstep in OUR OWN TIME. When we go through the portal, we are not traveling back in time - we are experiencing the events on Draenor taking place in the current timeline due to Garrosh's influence.
    Ok, so what you mean to say is, they didn't go to Azeroth in that altered timeline during the first and second war. In fact staying all those years on Draenor, not butchering the Draenei for the legion, in stead building up a massive invasion army all that time, better trained, more organized then before?

Okay, now it is making sense to me.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Metzen is on cocaine in this panel.

I guess red portal is gate from different past line to our
    (they come from different past to our present future)

World have many time line > Steins;gate crap

This is the simplest way i can put it... Think trunks from dbz, he traveled through time but in an alternate dimension. so he altered the events of cell and the androids but when he went home everything was just as he left it.

That's what's happening here whether blizz wants to say it or not. Garrosh goes back to before Draenor became Outland in an alternate dimension. Their dark portal gets connected to our dimension. So no we are not changing anything from our wow lore. We are changing what happens in that other place. Maybe even preventing some of the shit that happened to us from happening to them (blood of mannoroth ect).

It is weird, as much of a fanboy i think i am even i struggle with it a bit. but I'm loving the features. Only time will tell if this will be good or not. As for subs, i think they're still going to drop until they stabilize. I don't know what number that is but as long as wow exists i'm happy.

Deleted
    Can Blizz get ride of Chris Metzen ? Baby Thrall, Mom Thrall, and so on ... Even a snail has a bigger imagination.

Holy fuck are the questions ever Horde-centric.

Someone ask something that isn't about Orcs, please for the love of god.

I think the FAQ pretty much said it all... even Blizzard doesn't understand it... Hope they bring some good schematics tomorrow to explain how this is not time travel...

Deleted
    Only Garrosh goes back in time, players don't? Then alternate Draenor exists in our current time, Garrosh is possibly dead by the time the Iron Horde build up their own Dark Portal to step through, which the players at 90 then go and try to sort out? I think that's what they are saying, a new red Dark Portal to step through. We will have Outland and Draenor, the Draenor Draenei should be more numerous due to their lack of genocide by demon blood Orc.

ugh, no updated silvermoon, unsubbed.

Whoever said the 'dbz' reference has got it right on the nose. So far it sounds like Garrosh is the only one time traveling, and we're meeting up with the pieces of his 'tampering' via the strongest, most alien object on Azeroth, The Dark Portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clbull View Post
    How did he escape?
    Well, in the Timewalker's quest line, we see a scene where Garrosh is in his cell and meets Anduin as a visitor right? I've got a feeling it's going to be tied to that incident(someone suggested it's Wrathion using 'ye olde' Dragon Shapeshifting..).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    It's pathetic how many people can't grasp the concept and how this is NOT a time travel expansion:

Garrosh is the only one that goes back in time. Him preventing the Orcs from drinking the demon blood changed the course of history. Because of this, Draenor is still intact and the Iron Horde are on our doorstep in OUR OWN TIME. When we go through the portal, we are not traveling back in time - we are experiencing the events on Draenor taking place in the current timeline due to Garrosh's influence.
    There cannot be a current Azeroth if Garrosh changed what happened on Draenor. There would be NO HORDE in Azeroth like there is today. There would be no Thrall, no Arthas, no Tauren, no Darkspear Trolls, everything would change.

There HAS to be a traditional timetravel scenario, otherwise we could not play our characters the way they are now if at all. You are underestimating just how important timelines are in history; did you not pay attention to all the bronze dragonflight content throughout the game? It doesnt matter if it involves a different world, they all share the same existence in the timeline, especially since the events that happen on Draenor and Azeroth are interconnected over a span of years.

The ONLY way a "non timetravel" scenario can work, is if the dark portals changing color signified an alternate universe; at that stage both timelines would remain intact and separate from each other. Considering Garrosh went back in time to before the blood curse event, it signifies that it IS a time travel situation. How much of one depends on how blizzard plays out the beginning story.

But no, theres no way that Garrosh could mess with the events on Draenor and have it NOT affect everything on Azeroth that we know today. Its not as simple as "he stepped on a bug...big deal" he fundamentally changed the entire course of history and events by keeping the orcs from drinking the blood, which caused the wars and invasion afterwards, which gave the legion their foothold in Azeroth / Draenor, which is how Warcraft 3 and everything after it came to be.

Not one question about the release date? Really? That's the only thing I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Not one question about the release date? Really? That's the only thing I care about.
    It was asked via twitter during an interview between panels. No answer.