Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Polarthief, How in the name of hell is it possible for you to have two shamans kills and 0 nazgrim. Nazgrim is drastically easier. I think we killed it in like 8 pulls or something.
    Easily. My guild worked solely on progression from Immerseus to Nazgrim in order. The only night I have made progression on Nazgrim was the night we downed Shamans (So we only had a few hours), then that week was over. We got back to Nazgrim the following Thursday, then, that Friday I chose to stop raiding. They then killed Nazgrim on Sunday.

So I only have a few pulls on him. Guild's downed him twice now though.

Also, I will definitely agree that Nazgrim is stupidly easy. We only wiped because people were being, well, complete idiots. We had 3-5 deaths EVERY PULL to Shockwave -_-
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Mage Stuff that may (not?)* add Rage:
    - Mirror Images (Unsure because it's not a pet, but not you either)
    - Nether Tempest secondary ticks (Just to be safe, don't NT an add near the boss)
    - Living Bomb explosions (Just to be safe, refresh it early )
    - Frost Bomb explosions (Just to be safe, use NT or LB, lolololol)
    - Combustion ticks (This may not actually apply Rage and I just haven't heard someone try, but I know for a fact the initial hit will count)
    - Frozen Orb (never tried this either)
    - Essence of Yu'lon (I'm leaning towards does NOT add rage with this one, but you can never be too careful!)
    - Multistrike (Same as EoY, I'm assuming this one doesn't add rage, but again, I can't confirm it myself)

* These are all the spells that, to my knowledge, I'm not sure which side they're on. Feel free to confirm them on either side and I'll change them.
    Just tried some of these out tonight in Flex; Mirrors seemed to generate rage, but I'm still unsure on that. To be on the safe side just don't pop 'em if you're coming up on D-stance. Living bomb explosions and NT secondaries DO generate rage, so just be careful and watch these bombs and don't use em on adds that are near Nazgrim. Frozen Orb and Essence of Yu'lon didn't seem to generate rage, but like with Mirrors, I'm not 100% on either of those.

chose to stop raiding.
    Nothing else worthwhile to do in this game right now so time to quit I guess!

Or go murry worgen and go to an RP server or something.

Nothing else worthwhile to do in this game right now so time to quit I guess!
    Well, y'know... My account's frozen until further notice...

Or go murry worgen and go to an RP server or something.
    Woah now, someone's been reading my diary... lolololol
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

My guild one-shot nazgrim first time we pulled him XD Course that happened with most Siege bosses. Thok and Garrosh were the only ones that really gave us grief.

This info about what does and doesn't generate rate is interesting though. Never considered dot classes could keep casting certain things. Our warlock is destro unfortunately so his immolation does damage on application and I don't believe he has anything else that would be useful. I wonder how hunter explosive trap and snake traps would do... Not that either do much damage but now my curiosity is piqued.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

How about icicle cleaves from the glyph while frostbolting the banner/adds near him with the auto fire ones? Semi worried they might but haven't really tested it myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    How about icicle cleaves from the glyph while frostbolting the banner/adds near him with the auto fire ones? Semi worried they might but haven't really tested it myself
    I almost want to confirm that Icicles do NOT proc Rage (Primary or Secondary). Icicles is meant as 'extra' damage, not really a separate spell (remember, it's trying to emulate a sustained version of Frostburn)

However, I cannot 100% confirm that.

Deleted
    Just use a macro to make your pet attack your target and use Mirror Image when he's not in Defensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ched View Post
    Just use a macro to make your pet attack your target and use Mirror Image when he's not in Defensive?
    Welly has been confirmed to NOT increase Rage, so you can safely keep him parked on Nazgrim for the entire fight.

... Provided he's in range of the adds to give you free FoF procs, of course...

Welly has been confirmed to NOT increase Rage, so you can safely keep him parked on Nazgrim for the entire fight.

... Provided he's in range of the adds to give you free FoF procs, of course...
    As long as he's in the dead center of the room it can reach every mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippers View Post
    So I have been with various groups tackling General Nazgrim and I get different information regarding this topic all the time.

Do mirror images or water elemental's generate rage for General Nazgrim when they hit him during defensive stance?

From what I can tell they don't, but some people get really pissy when they see my stuff hitting him
    I don't cast Mirror Image during Defensive Stance, and as soon as Defensive Stance goes up I make my water elemental stop focusing on Nazgrim IF the water elemental is on him. Regardless of if they do not or do generate rage, I have been in enough groups doing that fight with people screaming pets and everyone off the boss that I take no chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    I don't cast Mirror Image during Defensive Stance, and as soon as Defensive Stance goes up I make my water elemental stop focusing on Nazgrim IF the water elemental is on him. Regardless of if they do not or do generate rage, I have been in enough groups doing that fight with people screaming pets and everyone off the boss that I take no chances.
    Someone could be screaming 1+1=5, that doesn't make them right or mean I should listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

People are also ignorant and don't like others that say something which can be hazardous or is original compared to the general thinking.
    Stones have been thrown at me on Nazgrim because I was carefully applying and clipping my LB on him while in defensive stance. I've been doing so after much research (in this topic and with some friends that are far ahead my guild) and experience ingame (obviously, if I would have seen something was happening, I would have stopped). But no. The word was "rule is rule" and "if some people go above the rule, others will do and this is when mayhem happens".
    Now it is strictly forbidden for me to do so and I will be sent on the bench if I do.
    That's hard for me since I've always been really keen on the personal performance and maximum optimization (WHILE doing the good job and good assigns, of course). But I also understand the position, I've experienced many times people doing whatever they please because they saw someone else do something, even if it was a different case.

I almost want to confirm that Icicles do NOT proc Rage (Primary or Secondary). Icicles is meant as 'extra' damage, not really a separate spell (remember, it's trying to emulate a sustained version of Frostburn)

However, I cannot 100% confirm that.
    Quote Originally Posted by khakiis View Post
    Just tried some of these out tonight in Flex; Mirrors seemed to generate rage, but I'm still unsure on that. To be on the safe side just don't pop 'em if you're coming up on D-stance. Living bomb explosions and NT secondaries DO generate rage, so just be careful and watch these bombs and don't use em on adds that are near Nazgrim. Frozen Orb and Essence of Yu'lon didn't seem to generate rage, but like with Mirrors, I'm not 100% on either of those.
    UPDATE: Mirrors DO generate rage, so just pay attention to timers n things. Essence of Yu'lon DOES generate rage, so if you do plan on using LB or NT on Nazgrim be careful of EoY proc'ing. Icicles DO NOT generate rage so if you hit Ice Lance right before Nazgrim transitions icicles are okay. EDIT: Frozen Orb DOES generate rage, so make sure if you're transitioning from Berserk to Defensive to pop Orb early or on adds rather than the boss.
    Last edited by khakiis; 2013-11-22 at 04:06 AM.