Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Calling All Mages (Well, Not All, Just Those Capable of Coherent Writing)!

So, as many of you have already seen, there is a new expansion about to fall into our laps. As many of you may also know, I no longer actually play this game, so guides will fall into your hands again just like they did this expansion. With the alpha and beta looming on the horizon, I am looking for competent Mages to message me if they are interested in writing new guides to be stickied in these forums for the full duration of an expansion cycle. Don't worry about logistics at this point, just think deeply about whether you want your ideas out there and critiqued by the near dickish nature that is the Mage community and whether it can pass our meticulous scrutiny. Let me know by the start of beta and I will write your names down and keep the list handy for the time the beta starts.

This is a big step in your lives...I may recognize some of you as people if you contact me, but please keep it civil (no dick pics plz).
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Hmm maybe you should sticky this, and make it clear in title what you are looking for =)

Sadly i am better at understanding theory craft than I am making it(should have stayed in school >.>). But I hope some of the good people of this community will pick up or continue the good job that was done during MoP.

Thanks for your hard work/hard work to come =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already arranged with Cycobi to write the Arcane guide for 6.0. He is the current resident top expert and plans to stay that way.
    My magic will tear you apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I've already arranged with Cycobi to write the Arcane guide for 6.0. He is the current resident top expert and plans to stay that way.
    Why are you telling me here, sir?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you wanted competent mages interested in writing a guide to message you, I don't meet either of the above requirements anymore so I did not message you.

/lawyered :P

Mages are so cool

Coherent writing... dude you came to the wrong place :P

This is the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Why are you telling me here, sir?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Because you wanted competent mages interested in writing a guide to message you, I don't meet either of the above requirements anymore so I did not message you.

/lawyered :P
    Idk why, but watching both of you guys talk directly to one another on the forums seems cute somehow xD

I assume Akraen and/or Kuni are doing Frost
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'll be continuing into WoD.

Also there's some amusing irony in the PM I got from Swizzle regarding coherent writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post

Also there's some amusing irony in the PM I got from Swizzle regarding coherent writing.
    More awesome Kuni guides for another expac eh? I'm down with that.

All the years of mostly lurking on these forums has taught me that I have no idea how to react to Swizzle, so I just go back to lurking.

For Fire, Vykina is currently the most knowledgeable Mage around and already has a fantastic guide written up so you might be better off just directing people to his guide (assuming he continues to play in 6.0). Not only that but the help he provides to anyone who asks questions there is fantastic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post

Hey shut up! What I say in my drunken PMs is meant to stay private!! Although re-reading that initial response...makes me question my own intellect.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll happily defer to Kuni. I'll help if needed/wanted.

I'm kind of Bilbo Baggins-ing myself next expansion. I've been a guild master and raider since vanilla and I'm beginning to feel a bit like butter spread over too much bread.

I think it may be time for me to relax after SoO. Doesn't mean I can't contribute to mage stuff though.

I'd be interested in helping whoever needs it. I plan on doing a lot of testing come beta and will be diving into mythic raiding asap

Deleted
    As Shang has pointed out, I'll be (attempting) to write an Arcane Guide for 6.0

I also wanna use this thread to call for some brave soul to remake the Mage Macro thread compilation and upkeep it for the next expansion. Poke us if you feel like you are up to the job

Deleted
    i can liaise with a fellow fire mage(s) on a guide for fire PvE as i hope to join the Beta from day 1

Maybe I could do one for fire, but Ive never done something like it before. Could just use something currently stickied as a template.

Deleted
    I'd be really interested in helping out with guide's for fire,
    im currently at college and have alot of time on my hands to devote to things such as guide's and atm spend alot of time on my personal mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep in mind that we're not looking for a pro raiding guide, just something that would be published as a general gameplay, talent, glyphs and gearing guide for when the expansion hits. You will then have 1-2 weeks to update the guide with raiding strategies. It's just important that people can come to the website and find a nice piece of writing that will help them start off the expansion and focus their priorities come level 100.