Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Savage roar now passive, thank god

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    I'll be honest those talents can't work fine for balance druid without changing other class core mechanics, and Equinox is OP.

Cons:
    • Dots' duration is already very low with just 12sec, lowering them will just mean haveing to waste more GCD sooner.
    • Accelerating dots will cause multiple Shooting Stars procs that will go wasted
    i don't see that moon/sunfire duration will be lowered.

I understand that these are not going to make it to live in their current form, but I thought it would be fun to compare how ToE and MoM would affect my current dps in WrathCalcs. I modeled ToE by doubling the damage of Starfall in the Other Spells sheet and then adding 1 second to Sfall time in the Solar column in the Rotation sheet. I modeled MoM by setting Eclipse Bar Length to 200, setting Post-Eclipse Bar Length to zero, and clearing the Post-Lunar and Post-Solar columns in the Rotation sheet.

Inc and DoC
    • now: 296097
    • ToE: 312404 (5.5% increase)
    • MoM: 321478 (8.6% increase)

FoN and HotW
    • now: 300120
    • ToE: 313888 (4.6% increase)
    • MoM: 318279 (6.1% increase)

So in their current forms, MoM beats out ToE. As we'd expect, MoM synergizes particularly well with DoC.
    Last edited by Tarm; 2013-11-09 at 07:05 AM.

I'm excited about the resto druid talents.

Omen of Clarity having a duration instead of 1 charge? That is friggin amazing. Also swiftmend having no cooldown, but consuming rejuv is pretty sweet too. You have all the "oh shit" heals you could ever ask for, 100% mobile too and uninterruptable.

The genesis one is crap though, like seriously. I'd much rather the resto passive increase the duration of rejuv by like 6 seconds or something, could be much better.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    For a pvp Moonkin Touch of elune seems very bland, I feel like we should already have that ingame. Wall of Malfurion seems very good for say rbgs. dot everyone up then watch 6 dots accelerate? Sounds kick ass. Now for MoM it sounds good but....I do not like the fact that is takes away from the soul of the forest talent(not that anyone takes it) but their should be a reason to get it if you get this talent.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral (Lunar Inspiration)
    Moonfire is now usable while in Cat Form, generates 1 combo point, and costs 30 energy.
    Well, not bad for pvp I guess.

Feral (Bloody Thrash)
    Thrash now also spreads Rake to other damaged enemies.
    This is ridiculously OP. Feral aoe will be nerfed 2 month into expansion so we'll end up with average dps when we can aoe 15+ seconds and lowest dps out of all classes when packs die within 5 seconds.

Feral (Savagery)
    Savage Roar is now passive.
    This is just stupid.
    We don't want our rotation to be simplified. Savage roar was there for ages, keeping rip and savage roar is bread and butter of the feral rotation. At first they simplified rotation so you can use savage roar without combopoints, now they removed it from the game completely. Why to call it savage roar then? Call it "+40% damage passive". Or even better - just buff all cat dps by 40% and remove it from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I'm excited about the resto druid talents.

Omen of Clarity having a duration instead of 1 charge? That is friggin amazing. Also swiftmend having no cooldown, but consuming rejuv is pretty sweet too. You have all the "oh shit" heals you could ever ask for, 100% mobile too and uninterruptable.

The genesis one is crap though, like seriously. I'd much rather the resto passive increase the duration of rejuv by like 6 seconds or something, could be much better.
    The omen talent is only good for pvp really. In I often don't use omen procs like ever.

The genesis one is actually amazing. A freaslhy casted and genesis'd rej lasts about 1.5s. adding 1s to it means you double it's vaule (as that 1s extra is 1s of rej ticking every 1/4 of a second)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

This is ridiculously OP. Feral aoe will be nerfed 2 month into expansion so we'll end up with average dps when we can aoe 15+ seconds and lowest dps out of all classes when packs die within 5 seconds.

This is just stupid.
    We don't want our rotation to be simplified. Savage roar was there for ages, keeping rip and savage roar is bread and butter of the feral rotation. At first they simplified rotation so you can use savage roar without combopoints, now they removed it from the game completely. Why to call it savage roar then? Call it "+40% damage passive". Or even better - just buff all cat dps by 40% and remove it from the game.
    the savage roar talent is for single target as the other 2 are for pvp and aoe. It means you can weave bite into your rotation easier especially at low ilevels.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    The omen talent is only good for pvp really. In I often don't use omen procs like ever.

The genesis one is actually amazing. A freaslhy casted and genesis'd rej lasts about 1.5s. adding 1s to it means you double it's vaule (as that 1s extra is 1s of rej ticking every 1/4 of a second)
    Genesis has very, very limited uses and basically just translates in wasting mana for no extra healing done. With the talent, yeah you'd get a tiny bit more healing done when you did use genesis. Personally i'd rather have a few free regrowths I can throw off in rapid succession. If people need heals, it's great to top em off, if no one needs healing, throw it on the tank for big living seed stack for nothing and refreshing your mastery buff. It's win/win really. I can see how if people used genesis all the time they might enjoy the talent, but I personally won't be using unless there is a specific fight where it might be handy.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

The feral talents look okish. I don't like the savage roar being passive talent since I like the challenge in the rotation of ferals. Extra aoe dmg or ranged dmg sound better to me. But wow boomkins get all kinds of nice stuff, gonna have OS for it next expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post

This is just stupid.
    They're for next expansion, not this expansion. Things will work differently, how about you learn how the game works before you start preaching crap.

Deleted
    I think the general issue here is that people are looking at these talents in the now and not the WoD paradigm where things should have changed quite a bit from the ground up for not only the class but game mechanics also. (getting rid of hit/exp, introducing the cleave/run speed like stats etc)

That said though without the knowledge of what's changed we can only speculate to an extent but i'd prefer to have fun doing it and not focus on how it would work right now. The cat form moonfire idea seems to turn feral into even more of a dot class (which I'm happy with) and while not being another bleed takes us further away from rogues in the combat department which is a plus for me. I think it would be nice if they differentiate it from the normal moonfire though and make it more "savage" in the art department to fit with feral.

Rake as AoE, hands down to your new AoE reaper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grum88 View Post
    Well so far we don't know what is happening to old skills and talents maybe they will be changed the only way I see it working is maybe giving you just a stand alone damage buff.
    Nah, rather than use CA for an extension of our eclipse, We'd use it for an extension of NG buff. But it is interesting how it would work with that talent. Might even be it becomes a dps increase not to use CA for single target?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rake all the things!

Thrash spreading Rake is so much win, I can't even put it in words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by avee View Post
    i don't see that moon/sunfire duration will be lowered.
    The wording makes me think it's like genesis and increases the tick rate by 400% making the dot end sooner.

It could be increasing the tick rate leaving the dot duration as it is.it would be nice but would still cause a lot of wasted SS procs.

My initial reaction was that if these went in live today many moonkins would have to debate playing MoM with Hotw vs DoC Tarm thank you for your post showing Inc and Doc but can you run one quickly with balance having MoM with Inc and Hotw please, interested to compare those.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
    The wording makes me think it's like genesis and increases the tick rate by 400% making the dot end sooner.

It could be increasing the tick rate leaving the dot duration as it is.it would be nice but would still cause a lot of wasted SS procs.
    I agree, and blizzard wanted to get away from the whole "SS Proc wastage" with the nerf to Shooting Stars. While it sounds cool "Woo 400% faster ticks, pewpew!" its alot of wasted SS's unless the way it procs is different from now. + Dotting up enough targets to channel it might be abit.. weird :/ i can see it helping with mobs dying in like sub 5secs, but still. if there is more then 2 mobs we cant dot and cast it on them all so it still feels stupid to me.

ToE sounds nice, it could help with out damage in solar, having a nice "abit" of aoe in it. Personly i see this and MoM as a QOL change and should be baseline, mostly MoM. Its annoying to be like WOOO!! 700k starfire, oh.. 200k..., as you drop out of eclipse so no matery. If it was baseline and SOTF changed to make natures grace baseline? maybe.. it could be nice. Alot of druid talents atm i feel could be abused in silly ways aswell :P

Guardian POV:

Touch of Elune: It's the absorption shield, the original savage defense that everyone wanted back in the game fpr survival against magical attacks. It's nice it got back as a talent so druids can pick it or keep their self heal up there, so tanks would feel different and has a choice to switch to from fight to fight. I see it as extremely useful and powerful as a lvl 100 talent, so big yes I like it, even though I have to make a small confession that I would really miss my big healing off GCD a lot if i take this talent, cz I got sooooo used to it and to see my HP jump back to nearly full, that if I take this talent i would imagine myself spamming it like a mad while seeing nothing happening cz I will surely forgot I will absorb instead of healing now :P

Will of Malfurion: This talent boosts ur armor means it's powerful against physical damage fights, but let's face it. The thing is, and we all know it, blizz will make special attacks that will bypass ur armor so really I don't see how useful would this talent be if taken. I mean no boss currently has huge melee normal attacks except garrosh which hits around 300K and sometimes I get less. I have noticed my co tanks suffering from his melees but I can take melees better than them as guardians work currently. This talent could mean that we would get an armor nerf probably and we wouldnt be the kings of physical damage tanking without being talented for that, I kinda enjoy that armor for us is passively very high. And bcz of this is talent, I would doubt that savage defense rumors that it's changing and could be transformed into an armor boost have any grounds to them.

Might of Malfurion: The only way I would personally see this talent working is that it would reduce ANY SPECIAL Attack made against you by 50%, physical or magical, ignoring normal attacks, cz real danger is from special attacks, and it would suck to waste it in wrong CD use at a bad time and see it wasted. It's only 1 attack, if it's wasted that would suck so bad.

That's how I see the current talents as I personally understood them. I would think Might of Malfurion will go massive changes to make it competent with other talents of the same tier, but I will personally pick the Absorb shield out of the 2 currently.
    Special nod to feral talents, all 3 of them are awesome for ferals and all in all I think druids are getting the best talents of this xpac. Anything can still change from now till 8 months anyway so we'll see.

Deleted
    Unless they change our Mastery monumentally, I foresee Mastery being our strongest stat with permanent Eclipse.

It's the absorption shield, the original savage defense that everyone wanted back in the game fpr survival against magical attacks.
    Cata Savage Defense was physical only, and not everyone wanted an absorb shield. I'm perfectly happy with FR as it is, personally. But to each their own. Obviously we don't know formulae yet either, since it will definitely be weaker than FR (probably along the same lines as Barrier).

What it is good for is fights with huge periods of, or are entirely, magic damage (Lei Shi comes to mind here).

This talent boosts ur armor means it's powerful against physical damage fights, but let's face it. The thing is, and we all know it, blizz will make special attacks that will bypass ur armor so really I don't see how useful would this talent be if taken.

I'm not going to justify that with a response if your entire complaint is "stuff that bypasses armor" - and we've had all of ...... 2 of those this entire expansion? (Blood Rage and Snapping Bite) - not including Bleed effects.

Might of Malfurion: The only way I would personally see this talent working is that it would reduce ANY SPECIAL Attack made against you by 50%, physical or magical, ignoring normal attacks, cz real danger is from special attacks, and it would suck to waste it in wrong CD use at a bad time and see it wasted. It's only 1 attack, if it's wasted that would suck so bad.
    This one is pretty much just garbage. But it's not even closed Beta yet, so there's obviously plenty of time.