Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    Well, determination buffs could also be applied to high level players outside of instances too. Level 100 flying around in a level 60 questing zone will get a 2400% determination buff just as he would get in molten core.
    The sheer stupidity of a 2400% determination buff in the overworld is enough to make me completely lose faith in Blizzard. If their game is SO broken after the squish that we need a buff in the overworld just to kill things, then they've completely failed at the item squish entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe you should read it again yourself: re-engineering is within the realm of possibility and would preclude the necessity of the item squish. I'm not saying anything more or less than that simple fact.
    It did say "A lot" of re-engineering, so maybe they are not ready to update their codes yet before next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it would be around 50%, but thats quite a bit more drastic than i thought it would be.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I don't understand why its a big deal either way, what difference does it make if I have 50k health or 1m health? or do 2k dps or 300k dps?

Is there some sort of technical limitation that makes big numbers "bad"?
    Nope. Just airheads whose brain capacity can't handle numbers with more than 1 comma, I guess.

Deleted
    This is great, bold, but great.

And frankly it's something that will feel odd for about a week and then feel completely natural after that. I doubt we will see anyone complain a month after this change has gone live.

And let's be honest, is it really that important to retain the ability to 1-shot Ragnaros? Is it really necessary that a level 83 can kill Patchwork in 2:17 as opposed to 3:34? Is that worth making such a fuss about?

I don't think I've even solo'd any old content in the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe you should read it again yourself: re-engineering is within the realm of possibility and would preclude the necessity of the item squish. I'm not saying anything more or less than that simple fact.
    No, they are specifically saying that it will be a great deal of work to re engineer their code. Why would they say that, if they were actively exploring it. Its an explanation for why they are pursuing the item squish.

Its like you asking me if ill fix the pipes in my house by completely gutting out my entire infrastructure, or just replacing the one or two pipes that are stopping my plumbing. Sure if I change everything, I would have less problems i plumbing in the near future, but I do not have the time or money to do so, so I would rather only focus on a smaller piece.

Same thing. They can spend 2 years and all their resources for a new engine, or they can get 2 devs to sit in a corner for a month, and work out a new scaling for numbers
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2013-11-09 at 05:34 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

10+ Year Old Account
    i liked the change since it wont affect anyhing literally.

we will just see much smaller numbers floating around.

change is almost always good, embrace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The sheer stupidity of a 2400% determination buff in the overworld is enough to make me completely lose faith in Blizzard. If their game is SO broken after the squish that we need a buff in the overworld just to kill things, then they've completely failed at the item squish entirely.
    No they won't, your health pools and critical strikes will still be far below the 2.1 billion threshold for the 32 bit combat-code. They are squishing for development related problems, not because of aesthetic quality. And what YOU define as "broken" is subjective. The goal is for high level players to have the same soloing experience over old content like old raids and world bosses exactly the same as if they had not squished the stats. If it takes me 7.6 seconds to nuke the illidari council IF they did not squish any stats, after squishing and adjusting the stats, it should still take 7.6 seconds for me to nuke the illidari council.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2013-11-09 at 05:33 PM.

Item Squish is just scaling the numbers down to something reasonable and readable.

Since everything will scale down - nothing will change regarding difficulty.
    You will still kill equal level mob with same speed. You will still be able to solo old content with equal speed and efficiency.
    If everything (damage, stats, mob damage, mob health) is scaled down by the same % amount - NOTHING CHANGES! (except for numbers that will be easier to comprehend)

You were hitting a mob with 230 234 729 HP for 97 964 721 damage.
    After you'll be hitting a mob with 230 HP for 98 damage.

This is elementary school math. How is this an issue for some people? Why are we even discussing this?
    Last edited by ZenTaurus; 2013-11-09 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    This is great, bold, but great.

And frankly it's something that will feel odd for about a week and then feel completely natural after that. I doubt we will see anyone complain a month after this change has gone live.

And let's be honest, is it really that important to retain the ability to 1-shot Ragnaros? Is it really necessary that a level 83 can kill Patchwork in 2:17 as opposed to 3:34? Is that worth making such a fuss about?

I don't think I've even solo'd any old content in the past year.
    "I don't solo Old Content anymore so no one else does either and anyone who still does isn't allowed to be angry if it affects them."

That's pretty much what you just said.

Deleted
    So if this is for current gear I wonder how much inflation on stats the new gear will have. If we're seeing naxx numbers squished from current gear, will we see early cata level numbers from squished new expansion gear?

I am happy with this change, finally normal numbers, reminds me of the times when Warglaives were OP hehe.
    Can we finally obtain Warglavies and use them to transmog weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    That's retarded nothing else needs to be said.
    I'm sure this was already said but....
    Not only is this a great change but it's a needed change. It makes for much easier class balancing because of the lower numbers. And I'm sure 90% of the WoW community would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    No they won't, your health pools and critical strikes will still be far below the 2.1 billion threshold for the 32 bit combat-code. They are squishing for development related problems, not because of aesthetic quality. And what YOU define as "broken" is subjective. The goal is for high level players to have the same soloing experience over old content like old raids and raid bosses exactly the same as if they had not squished the stats.
    No. See you obviously don't understand the term subjective. It's not subjective that their game is broken if you can't solo regular mobs in the overworld without a 2400% buff. It's just fucking broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    Item Squish is just scaling the numbers down to something reasonable and readable.

Since everything will scale down - nothing will change regarding difficulty.
    You will still kill equal level mob with same speed. You will still be able to solo old content with equal speed and efficiency.
    If everything (damage, stats, mob damage, mob health) is scaled down by the same % amount - NOTHING CHANGES! (except for numbers that will be easier to comprehend)

This is elementary school math. Why are we even discussing this?
    Since you all like repeating that, I'll just repeat this:
    You can't reduce everything by the same percentage.

10+ Year Old Account
    80% to 90% should be more than fine, 96% is little bit much. One of the reasons why I might return.
    -K

This is excellent news! Really like it. Sure at start a lot of people will feel upset and stuff, but later... you will grow in power again.
    Most fun I had as DPS was when I was just passing the 2k DPS mark in Sunwell.
    20k-50k-80k... erm... didnt feel anything special at all.
    So far most of the stuff (except Lore - this fails imho) wants me to pick the game up again.

That's far more drastic than I expected. Really concerned about how this will work at max level now, never mind in old content.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I honestly dont see the point in item squishing. If you honestly have a problem with "big numbers" set your UI to round off the last few digits. suddenly that 430,000,000 HP boss has 430.0m HP and you can feel great when each of your crits hit for .2m. Does it honestly make a difference? The only way item squishing will realistically make a difference is when you compare the stats on end game level characters and those stuck back at level 60. Could blizzard implement additional changes or scaling or shit to make it so you can still solo old level content on your endgame main? of course they could but its just extra complexity added to a system that, IMO, doesnt need any fixing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
    Except as we know, expertise is being removed, so the 2nd pic is most definitely not the final version
    The beta on blizzcon did not have expertise and hit removed, the pic is legit, in other pics by towelliee you can also see hit/expertise.