Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My currency on Medivh. If only so it gives me a chance to collect that fancy outfit of his. I would imagine him being quite displeased with not having orcs pouring out of the Dark portal. I could see him recalculating and setting things up to make it even worse then what originally happened.

Either that or a Zerg Cerebrate, admittedly Medivh is more likely.

I'm banking on Medivh.

Man would that be fucking awesome. :*)

The possibilities discussed in this thread really get me excited for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    The possibilities discussed in this thread really get me excited for WoD!
    This is going to be a special expansion. The lore, the landscape. I'm looking at screenshots of karabor. It's huge and a beautiful city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    I'm banking on Medivh.

Man would that be ####ing awesome. :*)
    Metzen seems to think it's more obvious than it is. There are a lot of possibilities based on the past, and then there's still gray areas where we don't exactly what's different about this Draenor yet. It sounds like Garrosh stops them from going to the demons. Does that mean Mannoroth is there? They didn't drink the blood until after they captured Karabor though.

Medivh sounds like a decent bet though. He is the one who wanted the Portal open the first time around, and both our Medivh and Sargeras are ambiguously dead so they can avoid a conflict.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2013-11-12 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Metzen seems to think it's more obvious than it is. There are a lot of possibilities based on the past, and then there's still gray areas where we don't exactly what's different about this Draenor yet. It sounds like Garrosh stops them from going to the demons. Does that mean Mannoroth is there? They didn't drink the blood until after they captured Karabor though.

Medivh sounds like a decent bet though. He is the one who wanted the Portal open the first time around, and both our Medivh and Sargeras are ambiguously dead so there doesn't have to be a conflict.
    It's easy to make the assumption Metzen made when you already know the character and can "do the maze starting from the finish line and going backwards" because your brain would have the answer before placing the evidence. It's part of the human psyche.

Medivh sounds like a decent bet though. He is the one who wanted the Portal open the first time around, and both our Medivh and Sargeras are ambiguously dead so there doesn't have to be a conflict.
    Definitely agreed with you. This idea that the final boss will be an easy prediction is kinda silly..

I mean we can come up with a solid list of suspects but we definitely can't be sure.
    Medivh and Mannoroth are definitely at the top of mine.

Mannoroth is there floating around Draenor with his Legion buddies I'd guess. And I'd also guess they are not happy.

Also question: The legion was very much in contact with Sargeras Medivh while on Azeroth right?

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    It's easy to make the assumption Metzen made when you already know the character and can "do the maze starting from the finish line and going backwards" because your brain would have the answer before placing the evidence. It's part of the human psyche.
    Exactly. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen an author think something is obvious because of a perspective the audience doesn't have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh pliz... It's Mal'Gannis...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when talking about the small handful of people coming with us they mention maraad and khadgar, someone asked if any of those were from the past and they said that the only one from the past is velen.

also khadgar isnt exactly defending outlands. he moved to dalaran sometime between bc and mists. and considering kurdran is busy, and trollbane is probably worried about arathi, and the fact that khadgar is kind of expendable at this point, him being the most knowledgeable about old draenor and most expendable makes sense that he would go on a suicide mission to stop people he fought against from coming back again
    It still remains true that Medivh, Sargeras, Old Gods, Illidan, and Arthas remain alive and well in the Alternate Azeroth as well as Khadgar.

What I'm getting at is WHAT IF, stay with me...

What If the Alternate Alliance on Alternate Azeroth was given the fel blood and made slaves to the Legion instead of the Orcs? What if Draenor was invaded by Superhuman Hulked out on Fel Blood with Dreadlords behind them? WHAT IF: Medivh chose to Corrupt the Alliance and use them against the Horde? Azeroth invading Draenor a complete chaotic reversal of everything we know about Warcraft lore which is more of the Butterfly Effect chaos you would expect from changing history, but this is only a hypothesis.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-11-10 at 08:42 AM.

Not sure who the final boss will be but i hope they bring back Gruul

Medivh or Kil'Jaden would be my guess for final boss. Altho I do hope the Infinite Dragonflight plays into the story somehow with a reward being an Infinite Drake mount....

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    It still remains true that Medivh, Sargeras, Old Gods, Illidan, and Arthas remain alive and well in the Alternate Azeroth as well as Khadgar.

What If the Alternate Alliance on Alternate Azeroth was given the fel blood and made slaves to the Legion instead of the Orcs? What if Draenor was invaded by Superhuman Hulked out on Fel Blood with Dreadlords behind them? WHAT IF: Medivh chose to Corrupt the Alliance and use them against the Horde? Azeroth invading Draenor a complete chaotic reversal of everything we know about Warcraft lore which is more of the Butterfly Effect chaos you would expect from changing history, but this is only a hypothesis.
    I like how you think. Would think along the lines of ending of WoD is us having cleaned up the mess on oldDraenor, and Gul'dan had basically relayed the info to Medivh/Sargeras, and while we were cleaning up Draenor, he goes and sets up Archimonde's ascent on Azeroth and then from that Azeroth, flips the Dark Portal to ours, with Archimonde walking through leading an army(Maybe even as far as a scourge army that isn't lead by someone with independent will of the legion like Ner'zhul was)

Well then I would soil my pants.

But really that would be a mind-fuck of epic proportions.

Deleted

lol that would be awesome. I really don't think that will happen, it would completely shift the focus of the expansion, but it's a cool idea nontheless.

Oh and by the way, Arthas isn't born yet on that timeline (I think), it happens roughly 35 years ago, Arthas was born 4 years before the first war.

Sorry you have to have actual facts to that statement. Where in WoD did you read that Khadgar came back to (Our) Azeroth just to jump into another Draenor leaving Outland (Old Draenor) defenseless.
    They told us at BlizzCon. It's on the Blizzard WoD page as well, though they don't say it explicitly. But the Khadgar who fought against the Old Horde and the Burning Legion, the one who was cursed with old age when he rose against his master during the first war, is the one we're going to see, and that's the one from our timeline, since none of those events even happened in the alternate one.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, that would completely ignore why the Horde was even used to attack Azeroth. The Burning Legion cannot enter Azeroth without somebody else summoning them there. We've never been told why this is the case, but it is something specific to Azeroth.

You're also forgetting that the Alliance doesn't even exist until after the first War, which never happens in this alternate timeline.

So your What If falls flat because it's basic premise is impossible.

Also, this is explicitly not a time travel, and all that follows with that, expansion. The Butterfly Effect will not be taken into consideration. This expansion is about savage savagering savages of savagery savaging savage Draenor, we just happen to use time travel to get there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They told us at BlizzCon. It's on the Blizzard WoD page as well, though they don't say it explicitly. But the Khadgar who fought against the Old Horde and the Burning Legion, the one who was cursed with old age when he rose against his master during the first war, is the one we're going to see, and that's the one from our timeline, since none of those events even happened in the alternate one.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, that would completely ignore why the Horde was even used to attack Azeroth. The Burning Legion cannot enter Azeroth without somebody else summoning them there. We've never been told why this is the case, but it is something specific to Azeroth.

You're also forgetting that the Alliance doesn't even exist until after the first War, which never happens in this alternate timeline.

So your What If falls flat because it's basic premise is impossible.

Also, this is explicitly not a time travel, and all that follows with that, expansion. The Butterfly Effect will not be taken into consideration. This expansion is about savage savagering savages of savagery savaging savage Draenor, we just happen to use time travel to get there.
    Unless the Burning Legion's leader was already on Azeroth by virtue of possessing Medivh, as per the current timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    Actually, it is not 99%, the only thing that they were correct was about traveling back in time to Draenor

The first tier is inaccurate, no metion of the blackrock raid

Grom and GArrosh have been confirmed not to be the final bosses

Wrathion will not have an important presence in this exp, meaning that we can discard patch 2 :Rise of the Black Prince

So I will say that it is 10% accurate
    You are talking of the wrong "leak" =)

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, but what if their Medivh is not on their Azeroth?

Their timeline has at least two years of changes before we get there. Medivh was in contact with Gul'dan to get the portal up, but in their timeline, Garrosh arrives and exiles Gul'dan. What if Medivh/Sargeras' reaction to this was to arrive in person to make sure it would get done? One person traveling between worlds is a lot easier than sending an army.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, where was this?
    Geekradio or whatever it was called, i'll find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Unless the Burning Legion's leader was already on Azeroth by virtue of possessing Medivh, as per the current timeline.
    Except for the fact that AU Azeroth is not connected to AU Draenor and we have no way of going there.
    Medivh won't play a part in this.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Disclaimer: For those confused, this is speculation based on possible older leaks as to the END of the expansion

Sooo.
    First off, before you people panic: Grom is not the final boss, and Chilton was trolling. Settle down.
    Neither is Garrosh the focus of this expansion.

Metzen let drop that neither an Orc or a Demon is the final boss of the expansion.
    This excludes Gu'ldan right off the bat, so drop it.

There is someone else pulling the strings and manipulating the Iron Horde.
    Now, this may not be one and the same entity. However, Metzen also stated that with a little bit of lore savvyness, one could figure out who's pulling the strings. This heavily suggests an established and known character.

So before I get to the Stormwind part, let's look at the likely/unlikely cadidates:

- Kairoz
    Bit out of left field to make him the boss, but he IS likely to be the guy sending Garrosh back in time, and apparently is the one transforming the Dark Portal into a time/space wormhole as well. Is he someone else in disguise? Is he just mad/evil? How big of a role will he play?

Likelihood: low. He hasn't been established as any kind of major player, and it is much more likely that he is simply being manipulated.

- Wrathion
    Devs have already confirmed that he will not be playing a major role, and has some cameos at best this expansion. We are seemingly taking a break from this fellow, and therefore can be excluded as a potential antagonist. For now.

Likelihood: very low.

- Nozdormu/Murozond
    Will the events before the expansion finally tip him over the edge? Will the loss of Soridormi, his prime consort, finally turn him into Murozond and create the Infinite Dragonflight? Or is it maybe a slow, creeping change, and he begins to scheme in secret, maybe by facilitating the events of WoD? Only time will tell

Likelihood: possible. I doubt he will be popped on us as a twist at the end of the expansion tho, I feel he will get considerable exposure when his story arrives.

- Kil'jaeden/Sargeras
    Many complaining about not getting a full out Legion expansion are completely passing over some very important facts. Gul'dan has already partaken of the demon blood at the point we join the story of WoD. He has been cast aside from leadership to the Horde, and is likely pretty pissed, as must be his Legion masters. The Legion WILL arrive, and when they do, there will be hell to pay. That being said, the Legion loves to manipulate and weaken by infiltration and seeding conflict before an actual invasion, as we've seen in the past. It is very possible that Kairoz is a Dreadlord in disguise, or Gul'dan is subtly working his influence in the Iron Horde to still facilitate events favourable for the Legion.

Likelihood: pretty high. The Legion is coming next expansion at the latest (current Dev interviews already confirm a new race and class for next expansion, and it will come much faster than this one), and what better way to introduce a full on Legion expansion than a dramatic cliffhanger finale to WoD with a fullblown Legion assault smashing....welll...i'll get to that in a bit. Although Metzen said it would not be a demon, it could be a major agent of the Legion an Kil'jaeden still make an epic appearance and be part of the final raid.

- N'zoth
    DAFUQ? Old Gods on Azeroth? Old Gods AGAIN? Weeell. Let's look at some clues, shall we? First off, it is clear that something sinister is working the events of WoD, and it is all bent on chaos, destruction and conflict. Who does that ring heavily of? Yup, the friendly neighbourhood tentacles. Kairoz, Wrathion, Nozdormu himself (remember how Sha-ish the Infinite Dragonflight actually looks, and how it was tied to the Hour of Twilight) and Garrosh, among others, are all likely to be influenced by the Old Gods. While we don't know of any other Old Gods by name or whether any others exist, N'zoth has been throwing obstacles at us for most of the duration of WoW. He corrupted the Emerald Dream. He created the Naga. He corrupted Neltharion and facilitated the Hour of Twilight. And he is still out there (or down there).

And as for no Old Gods on Draenor: the Arrakoa in TBC were actually quite busy trying to summon one in Shadowmoon, and leaks have suggested that there's going to be something going on with theirs on Draenor as well. So their influence is there. Apart from that, Garrosh/Kaizor have been susceptible to the whispers for long enough to have been set on a course that does not require continued influence from N'zoth.

Likelihood: high.

So both paths lead to a major established lore villain rearing its ugly head again and causing significant ruckus.

Now what was all that I mentioned about Stormwind in the thread title? Well, you've seen the leaks, they were 99% accurate. These leaks also talked of the final raid tier...in Stormwind. Back when we didn't know better, we thought it might be Warcraft 1's Stormwind and King Llane. Now that we actually know that the Iron Horde is trying to invade our PRESENT Azeroth, present day Stormwind seems more likely.
    And while it may seem silly to raid Stormwind the expansion after we raided Orgrimmar - there are other indications.

Garrosh is not the Warchief of the Iron Horde, he is a sort of prophet and advisor (ironically, the role Gul'dan held in the original timeline, who he presumably despises for his connection to the Legion). His obsession is surely not gone. Y'rsaaj SHOWED him what was to be, in his mind. Stormwind would burn. The True Horde would rule Azeroth. This vision and his thirst for revenge will not have left him, and he will likely be pushing the Iron Horde towards painting Stormwind as the prime target in an invasion.

We will deal with all sorts of threats on Draenor, from Ogre chieftains to Orc warlords and Arrakoa magicks and their Old God, but finally - it will all have been in vain, and the Iron Horde WILL march on through and lay waste to Stormwind. We will strike back and fight in the burning ruins.

And after beating back the Warlords, and effectively crippling the only remaining superpower on Azeroth (apart form the oh so ironic overtones of how the Horde will be helping to fight for Stormwind, after the Alliance besieged Orgrimmar), this world will be ripe for the taking.

By whom? A crashlanding Legion army? Faceless and Naga swarming up from the harbor? A different threat entirely? We'll have to wait and see. But Stormwind already smells toasty to me...

so you dont think a certain human alliance king is going to be the final boss?

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing you won't like that I thought of. Did Deathwing only travel to Outlands through the Dark Portal? Or could he have gone to Draenor beforehand? If so Deathwing might be behind the Iron Horde aswell!