Poll: What do you think about the new Gnome model for female and male?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What do you think about the new Gnome model for female and male? :D

- - - Updated - - -

The facial expression on the male is amazing, and his hair, and eyes, it captures the very soul and spirit of the Gnome!

Deleted
    they kinda nailed it for gnomes and dwarves

though can't speak for orcs, they look a bit derpy

male is cool. female has fish lips. reminds me of kinnikuman.

I dearly hope the gnome female's face is a work in progress.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-11-10 at 03:35 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Not much difference in the male model. I actually had to check it was the after shot rather than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Not much difference in the male model. I actually had to check it was the after shot rather than before.
    That is the point. They are just cleaner and smoother models.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Then I think you need your eyes checked.

I actually really like the new gnome models, and even has me thinking I could potentially have a gnome character. Same with the female dwarf.

Deleted
    gnome male looks better now, its current model is like a bald child with wigs and fake beards/moustaches

the new model looks more like an adult mini-man.

To be honest...I think they look kinda...gross.

I know it's retarded of me...but I never noticed they only had 4 fingers until I saw the new model. And it looks a bit...gross.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    To be honest...I think they look kinda...gross.

I know it's retarded of me...but I never noticed they only had 4 fingers until I saw the new model. And it looks a bit...gross.
    mickey mouse, woody woodpecker and homer simpson only have 4 fingers on each hand as well.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Hate gnomes but they did such a good job on fem gnomes. Like it has the perfect attitude. I imagine fem gnomes as they are portrayed with the new models

Deleted
    I really like most of the new models, but the gnome females...I don't know.
    Something about them bothers me.
    The male looks good, though. Not much different, but just a lot more refined.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

The facial expression on the male is amazing, and his hair, and eyes, it captures the very soul and spirit of the Gnome!

before I could way in I would need to ask about what these "bones" are and how they impact the resources needed to play the game. you still have people insisting they can raid on laptops that can barely handle the ever increasing load that are needed now. sure pretty pixels are neat but if you just have to turn them off or down in order to raid they are highly wasted.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    mickey mouse, woody woodpecker and homer simpson only have 4 fingers on each hand as well.
    Those are cartoons, not 3D models. The reason a lot of cartoons have 4 fingers is because it's easier to animate. Gnomes have 4 fingers because of some mutation or something.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    before I could way in I would need to ask about what these "bones" are and how they impact the resources needed to play the game. you still have people insisting they can raid on laptops that can barely handle the ever increasing load that are needed now. sure pretty pixels are neat but if you just have to turn them off or down in order to raid they are highly wasted.
    It's exactly how it sounds like they are. Bones. They help the model move in a more life-like fashion. The more bones they have the more complicated animations they can pull off.

Last edited by Zaelkath; 2013-11-10 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added image

Those are cartoons, not 3D models. The reason a lot of cartoons have 4 fingers is because it's easier to animate. Gnomes have 4 fingers because of some mutation or something.

It's exactly how it sounds like they are. Bones. They help the model move in a more life-like fashion. The more bones they have the more complicated animations they can pull off.

Ok. So the root of my question is do the additional bones require more resources and if so to what extent? I assumed that bones were a new rendering mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neutral to positive on the male model. The female model's eyes are too large.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Ok. So the root of my question is do the additional bones require more resources and if so to what extent? I assumed that bones were a new rendering mechanic.
    Ehh...kinda. Shouldn't have that much of an impact. The thing you should be concerned about is the polygon count.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm neutral to positive on the male model. The female model's eyes are too large.
    to be honest the female model looks like the took a picture of an infant and put gnome features on it, or a midget, and it is kind of offensive.

Additional bones don't affect rendering that much, it's just the positioning of the polygons in the mesh, which must be rendered regardless of the character's pose. The increased polygon count and texture size will have a much more noticeable effect. That said, if you can already handle 7 Stars/2 Moons and their excess of Pandaren characters, or raid with multiple Pandaren and Goblins/Worgen in your group, then you probably won't notice much of a change when the new models are in.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh...kinda. Shouldn't have that much of an impact. The thing you should be concerned about is the polygon count.
    Right it shouldn't have that much of an impact considering the Pandarian have a similar count in polygon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    they kinda nailed it for gnomes and dwarves

though can't speak for orcs, they look a bit derpy
    I would have to agree the Orcs I am not really into their model makeover.

However I am still laughing at the male gnome picture they showed of his "scared" face it looked like a big "O" face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Additional bones don't affect rendering that much, it's just the positioning of the polygons in the mesh, which must be rendered regardless of the character's pose. The increased polygon count and texture size will have a much more noticeable effect. That said, if you can already handle 7 Stars/2 Moons and their excess of Pandaren characters, or raid with multiple Pandaren in your group, then you probably won't notice much of a change when the new models are in.
    I don't have much of an issue with pandarens in my raid however since they started doing the realm mergers something in the code is crashing my computer. It defiantly seems to have something to do with getting in an instance with people from a merged server but having a hard time tracking down exactly what. Started happening the day they merged the first set of servers.