Poll: Your opinion about no flying till 6.1

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 126
... LastLast

No flying till 6.1 - your opinion 2.0

I guess there is no way to fix old pool, so let's try to make new one.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    I guess there is no way to fix old pool, so let's try to make new one.
    I still have yet to see this interview online, the Original OP never gave a link nor a video stating this was true so until then this is just a troll attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great and needed. Flying too early makes farming mats for professions impossible. Exploring a new world on the ground is the best way to go

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great idea, Blizzard puts insane amounts of hours of design for us to look at but what do we do? kill our target, mount up and leave. There's no interaction with the environment, for me I am okay with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been flying for thirty levels now, no excuse for why I somehow keep forgetting that skill.

I take the time to explore. I enjoy the environments. I also like flying. They aren't mutually exclusive.

It won't make it live anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    I think it's a great idea, Blizzard puts insane amounts of hours of design for us to look at but what do we do? kill our target, mount up and leave. There's no interaction with the environment, for me I am okay with this.
    You mean, explore and look at the environment from all sides instead of just from the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I hope every expansion will start off with no flying. This way it pleases both sides. The side that want more player encounters and the side that want the convenience of a flying mount. The latter just has to wait a little longer.

I don't like how its for an entire content patch. I would like it better if it was only for ~1 month.

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying til 6.1 is absolutely retarded.

Im still pissed they didnt do a flying tome like wrath. Im an avid altoholic, and currently have 7 90s, the last few levels on each alt have been super tedious and long. Flying would have sped that up considerably.

While id love flying right from the start, im fine with no flying til 100, THE FIRST TIME.

Blizz is so contradictory sometimes. Reforging is too inconvienient, but leveling ur 6th toon with no flying mount is fine?

Also to all those ppl who say that it all about exporation....thats a bold face lie. I do all my exploring while doing achieves well after im done leveling, as im sure most ppl do.
    I5 3570k @4.4GHz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | CM Hyper 212 Evo | G. Skill Sniper 16gb 2133 | Sandisk Extreme 120gb SSD + Crucial 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | EVGA SSC GTX 970| Air 540 Mid Tower | Seasonic M12II 520W | Viewsonic 27" + Viewsonic 27" IPS monitors |

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    No, we don't need another one. If anything make the poll like this:

I like flying - PVE Server
    I do not like flying - PVE Server
    I like flying - PVP Server
    I do not like flying - PVP Server
    That will be another pool - more likely PVP vs PVE pool, than "good idea" vs "bad idea".
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    You mean, explore and look at the environment from all sides instead of just from the ground.
    You mean, just looking at the top of trees? Wow... exciting

15+ Year Old Account
    Great idea, I always love the beginning of expansion most, where I'm 'driving' around on my mount again, rather than just flying in and dropping out of the sky whereever I need to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    haveing too use ground mount all around this amazing new world would be really awsome Imo fly mount is nice and all but.. ground mount is nice aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer no flying in MMORPGs although it has its moments. But then again I sure wouldn't lose my pants if they did something I didn't approve and in this case allow flying from the start of expansion.

"exploring" should be integrated within objectives, blizzard shouldnt force ppl to look at their drawings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    I've been flying for thirty levels now, no excuse for why I somehow keep forgetting that skill.

I take the time to explore. I enjoy the environments. I also like flying. They aren't mutually exclusive.
    It's a new area you've never flown in before.
    Not only that but it's a different planet.
    Maybe it just takes time to adapt and learn to fly in Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    It's a new area you've never flown in before.
    Not only that but it's a different planet.
    Maybe it just takes time to adapt and learn to fly in Draenor.
    I have mounts that are native to Draenor. Certainly they remember how to fly there?

It's time to stop pretending flying mounts are in the game. Leveling isn't better or worse for having them. Was Cataclysm worse off that we could fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    You mean, just looking at the top of trees? Wow... exciting
    You don't know how I play this game. It's obvious we like different things, but I have no reason to lie on these forums. So yes, I like exploration more with flying since it allows me to view the world from more sides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMaster View Post
    Great and needed. Flying too early makes farming mats for professions impossible. Exploring a new world on the ground is the best way to go
    Rofl but crz and connected realms make it possible, right? right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    To be honest, I hope every expansion will start off with no flying. This way it pleases both sides. The side that want more player encounters and the side that want the convenience of a flying mount. The latter just has to wait a little longer.
    ANd how does that satisfy the people like me who wants to fly from start?

Even though flying has generally been negative for the game and it would have been better if they didn't implement it at all or kept it only in Outland, it has become such a central point in the game and I don't see them not allowing it.
    I think they will do like they did in MoP and give you flying right away once you hit 100 and keep limiting in areas like the Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, and any other Isles.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest