Thread: NCAA football

You can always watch FSU rape Wake, 28-0 few seconds into the 2nd quarter

35-0 actually, Wake can't hold on to the ball for more than a minute it seems
    Last edited by tylenol; 2013-11-09 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    17-0 after two interceptions in the wrong place. I've given up any hope for Florida.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not much going on today before the LSU-'bama game. The only relevant thing is a six pack I have riding on the Nebraska-Michigan game with my U of M fanboy buddy.

As a University of Buffalo alum, I couldn't be more delighted with the way their MAC slate has gone. They probably have the MAC defensive player of the year in Khalil Mack and I think Branden Oliver should finish second on the offensive side.
    Congratulations on your 6 pack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I was pulling for the Ducks this week, and I feel your pain, but I wouldn't validate his petty bashing. No Oregon fan with even a tenuous grasp on reality is sitting there "crying and crying" about not reaching the NCG. Oregon certainly earned the trip in 2011 and just barely came up short against a good SEC team sporting the Heisman winner.

Besides, in order to find an unbeaten Michigan State team with a recognized national championship you'd have to travel back in time to the Truman administration.

It won't matter, really. At present rate, those two will face off in the Rose Bowl.
    this is funny coming from the fan of a team that has a 2 and 5 record against Mark Dantonio and has 1/2 a championship win in how long? granted, MSU hasn't won a Championship since 87, but hell, i don't sit there and overhype my team and talk about how there great recruiting class is and how its going to help them win a championship again like 99% of Michigan fans seem too. you may not be one of them, and that's great, but i have never acted like MSU was going to win a championship. beat Michigan? sure. Go to the CCG? Sure, i think we can do that, Nebraska didn't look that impressive today, despite beating U of M.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Don't worry, the way we've been playin you guys have a good chance lol.
    I'm sitting here watching the game in my room and keep hearing the cannons go off when we score. I didn't know Illinois has not had a big 10 win since the last time they played us lol

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Congratulations on your 6 pack.
    Thanks! Southern Tier it is

this is funny coming from the fan of a team that has a 2 and 5 record against Mark Dantonio and has 1/2 a championship win in how long? granted, MSU hasn't won a Championship since 87, but hell, i don't sit there and overhype my team and talk about how there great recruiting class is and how its going to help them win a championship again like 99% of Michigan fans seem too. you may not be one of them, and that's great, but i have never acted like MSU was going to win a championship. beat Michigan? sure. Go to the CCG? Sure, i think we can do that, Nebraska didn't look that impressive today, despite beating U of M.
    Yeah, as a Nebraska fan, I don't feel optimistic about the MSU game next week at all. Nebraska is just... I don't know, not good. They've been spinning their wheels with Pelini and posting pretty much the same season every year, or at least it feels like it. They're a fine football team, but the talent level just isn't there and if MSU is as good as I think they are, Armstrong and friends just won't be scoring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! Southern Tier it is

Yeah, as a Nebraska fan, I don't feel optimistic about the MSU game next week at all. Nebraska is just... I don't know, not good. They've been spinning their wheels with Pelini and posting pretty much the same season every year, or at least it feels like it. They're a fine football team, but the talent level just isn't there and if MSU is as good as I think they are, Armstrong and friends just won't be scoring.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm still worried about the game, afterall you're friggen nebraska and msu has never beat you, so yeah. i think it will be a good game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm still worried about the game, afterall you're friggen nebraska and msu has never beat you, so yeah. i think it will be a good game.
    Yeah, I don't think anything at Lincoln is going to be cushy. I just see a team that's been beat up by UCLA, looked bad against Minny, got lucky against NW. The win today against Michigan was legit, if anything they should have won by a bit more. I just feel like this is not a very good Nebraska team. Great opportunity for both teams though, I'll be looking forward to it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think anything at Lincoln is going to be cushy. I just see a team that's been beat up by UCLA, looked bad against Minny, got lucky against NW. The win today against Michigan was legit, if anything they should have won by a bit more. I just feel like this is not a very good Nebraska team. Great opportunity for both teams though, I'll be looking forward to it!
    my thing is this. MSU is clearly a lot better than U of M, that was proven last week, and i hate to use comparisons, but you beat Michigan by 4, we beat them by 26. our defense also is a lot better than Michigans. but i don't know. Nebraska is always a headscratcher. i look forward to it.

Why is Houston beating UCF? If they win, Louisville probably will win the AAC which kills me inside.

My logic: Houston would be undefeated maybe ranked, UCF 1 loss and unranked, Louisville 1 loss and top 20. I see no chance for Houston to beat Louisville, so at the end of it all, it's 3 1 loss teams with only Louisville ranked. Tiebreaker is highest rank, so Louisville gets the bowl berth.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Miami is gonna drop completely out after tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I was pulling for the Ducks this week, and I feel your pain, but I wouldn't validate his petty bashing. No Oregon fan with even a tenuous grasp on reality is sitting there "crying and crying" about not reaching the NCG. Oregon certainly earned the trip in 2011 and just barely came up short against a good SEC team sporting the Heisman winner.
    I appreciate that. It was just an awful game to watch, start to finish. Even the almost come-from-behind was painful, but I had given up hope at the end of the third quarter and then they go and try to win it.

Oregon has a slight stumbling problem, but I agree with your analysis. And yeah, lol at Mich St.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Looks like Miami is gonna drop completely out after tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate that. It was just an awful game to watch, start to finish. Even the almost come-from-behind was painful, but I had given up hope at the end of the third quarter and then they go and try to win it.

Oregon has a slight stumbling problem, but I agree with your analysis. And yeah, lol at Mich St.
    go ahead, laugh at Mich State, I realize that they don't hold a candle to teams Like Oregon, LSU, and Bama, but i like to root for my home team. but realize that its a Michigan fan telling you to laugh at them, and they just lost there 3rd time in 4 games, and should have lost earlier this year to Akron and Uconn too. seriously. Akron, UConn. seriously. come on now. I like Oregon, i like the style of offense they play. my only point was, that a lot of Oregon fans cry about not getting a chance in the NCG but there team loses them that chance every year.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-11-10 at 03:40 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    go ahead, laugh at Mich State, I realize that they don't hold a candle to teams Like Oregon, LSU, and Bama, but i like to root for my home team. but realize that its a Michigan fan telling you to laugh at them, and they just lost there 3rd time in 4 games, and should have lost earlier this year to Akron and Uconn too. seriously. Akron, UConn. seriously. come on now. I like Oregon, i like the style of offense they play. my only point was, that a lot of Oregon fans cry about not getting a chance in the NCG but there team loses them that chance every year.
    But you are unjustly claiming that we are crying because we don't get a shot at the NCG every year, and we aren't. We are crying because we keep fucking up our chances at the NCG with stupid games. Or else Stanford just owns our number. 3/4 years they are our only loss, and the other year we were their only loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    But you are unjustly claiming that we are crying because we don't get a shot at the NCG every year, and we aren't. We are crying because we keep fucking up our chances at the NCG with stupid games. Or else Stanford just owns our number. 3/4 years they are our only loss, and the other year we were their only loss.
    I don't know, i saw a lot of Ducks fans crying last year when a terrible Notre Dame team got chosen to go to the NCG over the ducks (justified if you ask me). regardless, i wasn't saying the crying thing in a bad way, i'd honestly like to see the Ducks play in a NCG against Bama, i think it would be a hell of a football game.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, i saw a lot of Ducks fans crying last year when a terrible Notre Dame team got chosen to go to the NCG over the ducks (justified if you ask me). regardless, i wasn't saying the crying thing in a bad way, i'd honestly like to see the Ducks play in a NCG against Bama, i think it would be a hell of a football game.
    I don't think it was just the Ducks that were crying about ND going to the NCG - I think everyone was but ND fans were upset to see that team go. What an awful set of circumstances to send such an overrated team against Bama that year. I'm not sure Oregon would have won - would have been a hell of a game, but they sure as shit would have put up a better fight.

Won't miss the BCS at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was just the Ducks that were crying about ND going to the NCG - I think everyone was but ND fans were upset to see that team go. What an awful set of circumstances to send such an overrated team against Bama that year. I'm not sure Oregon would have won - would have been a hell of a game, but they sure as shit would have put up a better fight.

Won't miss the BCS at all.
    exactly, and frankly i hate the human polls too, for reasons like the fact that teams like U of M, Notre Dame, and others are CONSTANTLY being rated highly at the beginning of the season due to there name. and yeah, i don't know who would win between Oregon and Bama, but it would be a good game to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bama pulls away from LSU. 20 days away from the Iron Bowl. Mississippi State and...Chattanooga in the way. I've given up on Florida. I'm not even sure they can make a bowl this year. Still gotta play South Carolina and Florida State. Ugh. Might as well root for my number 2. Let's hope Bama doesn't do something stupid before the Iron Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is becoming a terrific rivalry, between Oregon and Stanford

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's adorable that anyone thinks FSU is a #1 team over Alabama.

10+ Year Old Account
    you may not be one of them
    This is what you never seem to understand. Sure, I'm a Michigan fan, but I'm a great admirer of college football in general. When U-M loses, I don't go blaming it on referee conspiracies or making stupid excuses, I accept the beatdowns and assign blame belongs -- on our coaches and players. Never once in this thread have I sat here hyping up U-M or penciling us into championships or bowl games, or any of the other things you're assigning to me in your imagination. If anything I'm reacting with disbelief to some of the sport's absurdities, wondering why the sportswriters vote us into unrealistic poll slots based on historical expectations instead of thoughtful assessments or current actual performance. They never seem to learn.

The reason your posts are frequently irritating in this thread is that you don't appear to have any such broad interest in the sport as a whole, or even talking about your own team. You don't post constructively and objectivity is obviously a lost cause. You primarily show up only drop some grade-school-level trash talk, or just revel in U-M's misery. If that's all you can contribute, fine -- but don't sit there expecting to be taken seriously when a lot of your posts sound like they're written by a little kid.

State has a solid defense, and they've taken great strides to correct the anemic offense that began the season. Their main recurrent problem has been lack of discipline when it comes to penalties and personal fouls, especially on defense -- and that's nothing new, it predates Bobby Williams.

Michigan's offense is in an even more embarrassing state than during the Rodriguez tenure. Even with chronic injury issues and a ton of youth on the O-line, we simply cannot provide any pass protection or run blocking to save our lives. Gardner can't seem to do anything but curl up in the fetal position, and I'm at a complete loss to understand how that's happening, whether it's poor coaching, or if he's just choking almost every single time. The sad fact is that my old ass could run that offense better than he. How fucking hard is it to run out of the tackle box and dump it out of bounds? There's absolutely no excuse for taking that many sacks, and the first thing I'd do is strip that Harmon legacy jersey right off of him. He doesn't deserve to wear it.

The difference between the losses to State and NU is that MSU's performance was just consistently better on both sides of the ball, even down to simple fundamentals. Our weak offense and soft zone D didn't do us any favors, of course. But we made Nebraska's meager defense look like absolute superstars because our offense is just that bad. Unlike State, we could have beaten Nebraska if we weren't busy looking like the Keystone Cops, we just primarily beat ourselves. Unless State just inexplicably up and shits the bed, I don't see them having much trouble with NU, even in Lincoln.

An Ohio State - MSU conference championship game will probably be a different story. Sparty is likely short on weapons and depth to keep pace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I'm sitting here watching the game in my room and keep hearing the cannons go off when we score. I didn't know Illinois has not had a big 10 win since the last time they played us lol
    I figured you'd beat them. Wisconsin probably has the defense to shut you down next week, but I still think IU has an outside chance, it'll just be a tough venue.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, i saw a lot of Ducks fans crying last year when a terrible Notre Dame team got chosen to go to the NCG over the ducks (justified if you ask me).
    On what planet was this? Remember where the Ducks placed in the final standings before bowl selections?

I think your memory's off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've given up on Florida. I'm not even sure they can make a bowl this year. Still gotta play South Carolina and Florida State. Ugh.
    Yesterday must've been especially tough. I was looking at Florida's record yesterday thinking "wow, I bet UF hasn't lost four in a row in ages!" -- until I pulled up the stats and saw it just happened under Muschamp two years ago, during the toughest part of the conference schedule. I'd forgotten. You'd have to go back to 1988 under Galen Hall to duplicate it, and that was more what I had in mind.

At this rate they're going to come after the coaching staff with torches and pitchforks.
    Last edited by Sayl; 2013-11-10 at 09:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sheesh Sayl, i said you may not be one of the arrogant style U of M fans that your fanbase is so widely known for. no reason to rip my head off for it. the fact is though, a LOT of Michigan fans seem to think there team is the end all be all. And you can say what you want, but Akron did get hosed against Michigan on that final play, the reciever going for the ball was clearly held (and even dragged down to the ground) and unable to even make a play on the ball. no flag. your team got lucky to beat them. and if you think Michigan doesn't get the benefit from the refs all the time, please explain Tayler Lewan's Face Masks left and right that he got away with against MSU. he got flagged ONCE, and was shown doing it, on Camera, 4 times minimum. pretty Obvious ones too.

and frankly, Michigan could very well end up this season 6-6. frankly i see them going 7-5 and splitting between NW and Iowa on the road, losing to OSU at home. Michigan State has me on edge, we got @ Nebraska, @ NW, and Minnesota at home, and frankly, any or all of those games could be losses, but i think we win out.

and i saw a lot of Ducks (and as Cubby pointed out) lots of fans in general complaining about the BCS because a clearly overrated ND got the BCS NCG game. they didn't deserve to be there.

Frankly, i don't think State has the depth to beat OSU either. i think they will make a game out of it, but i think OSU wins by 14 with a late touchdown.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-11-10 at 10:21 PM.