Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who played item squish at Blizzcon?

If you were at Blizzcon and played with the item squish, could you please comment on how it felt?

Why is it so confusing? It's the same game the numbers are just lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    If you were at Blizzcon and played with the item squish, could you please comment on how it felt?
    It's a purely subjective feel. People who enjoyed the large numbers are going to feel disappointed, but nothing changes in terms of your character's power.

It actually felt fine as both a DPS and Healer. Once I got used to having fewer 0's on the end of things, I didn't notice a difference at all.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

Deleted
    I don't think any of them were even allowed to solo old content like ICC while playing, most likely only MoP content.

Target has 1,000,000 Health, you hit for 100,000. Dies in 10 hits.
    Target has 10,000 Health, you hit for 1,000. Dies in 10 hits.

What is so difficult to understand, that all things are relative. Not just our numbers, but ALL numbers go down in equal, relative, amounts. The speed of which you kill something in 5.4 will be the speed you kill it in 6.0, with the exact same gear and such. Nothing there will change. Well, a little might change, given the removal of Hit/Expertise/Dodge/Parry, giving room for more other stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I don't think any of them were even allowed to solo old content like ICC while playing, most likely only MoP content.
    Maybe cause they hadn't done all the old content rebalancing yet, who knows.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Exactly the same. If they hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have even noticed it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted

because they were only allowed 15mins to play, and it was to see WoD zones, not icc. they got to do like 2 quests in shadowmoon / ice place.

The only thing I had to get used to was the smaller numbers = more of my hp. After a bit you don't notice it (or at least I didn't). Granted I demoed as a Gnome DK and Orc Warrior so both of my guys were a bit sturdier.

It's REALLY just a numbers change...I don't see why people are so concerned that they won't be able to solo old content...the people at Blizzard aren't stupid...they know that affecting that would be a huge mistake...your game is going to play the same
    From what I understand, the biggest change that makes the item squish work is that all the old raiding tiers from the same xpac will be the same item Level (with the exception of SoO gear)
    SO, stuff from Kara, SSC, TK, BT and SP will all be about the same item level...because it doesn't matter if BT gear is better than Kara gear anymore...because it's not about progressing through raid content
    that's where the biggest item level jumps occur

10+ Year Old Account
    they played wod content and watching it the squish does not bother me at all

I don't think we'll be able to get a proper barometer of how it is until somebody does a side-by-side timed comparison of killing MC Rags and/or Voidreaver or another DPS race boss when Beta comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play but got to see the video of the orc mage playing. So excited for the numbers like that again! ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    that 90 mage was making short work of the lvl 91 ogres he was killing

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    What is so difficult to understand, that all things are relative. Not just our numbers, but ALL numbers go down in equal, relative, amounts.
    This is not actually true, and pro-squish people usually fail to understand it. Dividing everything by the same amount was the Mega Damage solution. The squish is reducing more recent content (both player and NPC) by larger amounts. Right now we have health levels comparable to MC bosses, but after the squish we will have much less.

All Vanilla numbers (player and NPC) probably go unsquished. Raid gear might be squished down but <60 levelling gear won't be touched.

All TBC numbers (player and NPC) are squished down so that they are only slightly higher than Vanilla numbers.

All Wrath numbers (player and NPC) are squished down by a larger amount than TBC so that they are only slightly higher than TBC numbers; if they were squished by the same amount as TBC there would still be a large TBC-Wrath jump (and between all future expansions, so we'd just have Cata-level numbers now instead of Panda-level).

All Cata numbers (player and NPC) are squished down by a even larger amount than Wrath. Again, if they were squished by the same amount as Wrath, there would still be a big jump between Wrath and Cata. Every expansion's content needs to be squished more than the previous one.

All Panda numbers (player and NPC) are squished down by an even larger amount than Cata. This is our one data point so far: SoO LFR weapons (i528-536) have been squished close to De-Raged Waraxe, an i175 blue from Wrath.

My guesses:

Vanilla levelling: unchanged
    Vanilla raid/TBC levelling: equal to current i65-75 (MC 65, BWL 70, TAQ 75)
    TBC raid/Wrath levelling: equal to current i80-95 (T4 80, T5 85, T6 90, Sunwell 95)
    Wrath raid/Cata levelling: equal to current i100-125
    Cata raid/Panda levelling: equal to current i130-155
    Panda raid/Draenor levelling: equal to current i160-190

Deleted
    going from 700k hp and 350k dps to like 20k hp and 5k dps is gunna suck, its like saying we made a mistake in cata by giving massive hps and dps I dunno why squish is needed
    Last edited by mmoce85cdeb601; 2013-11-11 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    because they were only allowed 15mins to play, and it was to see WoD zones, not icc. they got to do like 2 quests in shadowmoon / ice place.
    I was able to play for significantly longer than that but no low level content.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I couldn't even notice the item level squish it felt just like now except the combat text said 4k 7k and 12k on hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post

All Vanilla numbers (player and NPC) probably go unsquished. Raid gear might be squished down but <60 levelling gear won't be touched.
    This is not true. They've said the item squish won't affect the ability to solo old raids. So, vanilla's raid bosses have to be squished as well.

Deleted
    Anyone knows if a Video is uploaded of the Item Squish in action?

Can't wait for it, At first i was Anti-Squish, but after a few weeks/Months i realized that it would be for the best to do it.

Doing 700-800k Attacks just doesn't cut it anymore, i want the TBC/Wotlk Numbers back goddamnit!

The only thing i'm worried about is the Solo Raid stuff, they said they are going to make it possible but i've got the feeling they are going to f*** it up.