Page 1 of 2
LastLast

In retrospect, I think Ogres should had been THE Alliance TBC race

With all the lore of Ogres in Outland and Azeroth, the cunning but seemingly dimwitted ogres would had made the much needed brute force in the Alliance ranks, and their faction can be akin to Sylvanas's Forsaken; Amoral but still 'loyal' to the cause. It would had made a better choice for a playable DK with lore not needed to be retconned and would have a better story line in Cataclysm as Ogres are very special part of the Twilight Hammer.

Imagine this; Blood Elf is Horde exclusive, can be a Paladin which is an iconic Alliance class but cannot be a Shaman, while the brutish Ogre is Alliance exclusive, can be a Shaman, which is an iconic Horde class but cannot be a Paladin.

Draenei on the other hand, being the righteous and virtuous race, anti-demon, should be a playable neutral race; albeit would start of neutral with Orc due to the genocide, but I believe the Draenei can transcend beyond hate. It would be just more meaningful a NEUTRAL PLAYABLE race to be able to either be a Shaman or Paladin; symbolizing its neutrality. Draenei would be an awesome neutral race introduced in WOD as the race either have to support the Frostwolves or the Ogres, agaisnt the Iron Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    the Draenei can transcend beyond hate.
    I dunno about you but if another race paved a path out of human bodies and pushed humans to extinction id wanna stay as far away from them as possible and kinda hate them.. just a bit.

Humans require races joining the Alliance to have 2 out of 3 out of the following traits:

1. Look human-like or harmless.
    2. Worship the Light.
    3. Hate Orcs.

Ogres would never be accepted as part of The Alliance. The Alliance see themselves as a force of righteousness.

I understand people want a big strong race for The Alliance, but there's no way Alliance would ever welcome Ogres.

o.O

Draenei *hate* the Orcs. They aren't going to want to team up with them ever. Orcs literally hunted their race to near extinction (lore wise there's only a thousand or so left), for absolutely no reason. That's not something they can (or should) just hug out.

Beyond which the Alliance doesn't want an equivalent to the Forsaken, we could have had the Forsaken themselves if we did since they approached the Human communities first after gaining their freedom of will back. Also 'amoral' doesn't exactly fit with the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    o.O

Draenei *hate* the Orcs. They aren't going to want to team up with them ever. Orcs literally hunted their race to near extinction (lore wise there's only a thousand or so left), for absolutely no reason. That's not something they can (or should) just hug out.

Beyond which the Alliance doesn't want an equivalent to the Forsaken, we could have had the Forsaken themselves if we did since they approached the Human communities first after gaining their freedom of will back. Also 'amoral' doesn't exactly fit with the Alliance.
    Prior to WOW, elves hate pretty much every Horde races and the Forsaken hates everything. Lore can be used to bend this kind of stuff.

Prior to WOW, elves hate pretty much every Horde races and the Forsaken hates everything. Lore can be used to bend this kind of stuff.
    It would take a hell of a lot of 'bending' to get around your new allies paving roads with the bones of your dead family.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    It would take a hell of a lot of 'bending' to get around your new allies paving roads with the bones of your dead family.
    Yup, the lore would just like is was not the current German did the same atrocity to the Jews, or the current White didn't enslaved Blacks, the current Horde didn't slaughter the Draenei as well.

Ogres are not dim-witted. They've been slaved by the Gronn for generations, their culture is still primitive, most are illiterated. But they are as intelligent as any other sentient race.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Ogres are not dim-witted. They've been slaved by the Gronn for generations, their culture is still primitive, most are illiterated. But they are as intelligent as any other sentient race.
    Open up a dictionary and look for the word seemingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    seemingly dimwitted.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would hate the idea of Ogres for the Alliance, and the Draenei feel like part of the Alliance now to me as much as most others. Alliance have brute force. It's called Worgen.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

if you were an ogre and see how their race is murdered and turned into slaves for the orcs systematically certainly would like to join the alliance. even today there are ogres slaves in the current horde.

Wait are Jekyll and Hyde actually different people? I thought it was the same with 2 accounts..
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if you were an ogre and see how their race is murdered and turned into slaves for the orcs systematically certainly would like to join the alliance. even today there are ogres slaves in the current horde.
    Hence why Ogres can both be either neutral, Alliance or Horde and Blizz missed the chance of making the Ogres playable as the Alliance. Imagine an Ogre capital city; Mound, Caves, Rock formation , pretty ugly, and probably unsanitary... but they can have Boars as their mount, wait, I'm supposed to make them appealing, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I would hate the idea of Ogres for the Alliance, and the Draenei feel like part of the Alliance now to me as much as most others. Alliance have brute force. It's called Worgen.
    Worgen are a bitch made boring race with annoying sounds. I would go horde just to play an Ogre, good strong race that should have been playable years ago imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Remembers me of the countless Ogre carpets around Orgrimmar

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckenviech View Post
    Remembers me of the countless Ogre carpets around Orgrimmar
    Those aren't ogres.. Those are centaurs....

Yup, the lore would just like is was not the current German did the same atrocity to the Jews, or the current White didn't enslaved Blacks, the current Horde didn't slaughter the Draenei as well.
    Except the current Horde DID do that. Most of the Horde you see today were part of the Old Horde that fought in the wars, with many being ones who fought the Draenei as well - including Saurfang himself.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

With al the orcs in this expac, ORCS should become a neutral race, that way both alliance and horde get equal amounts of new lore!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Except the current Horde DID do that. Most of the Horde you see today were part of the Old Horde that fought in the wars, with many being ones who fought the Draenei as well - including Saurfang himself.
    I"m pretty much not all Orcs joined the bloodfest.