Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Worried the squish won't affect much

Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot. My fear is actually that they won't take it far enough. Think about it - how much more awesome would the game be if suddenly all of the content from previous expansions became available to do without being completely trivialized by you being so stupidly OP that you can one-shot everything and never even take damage?

It would be so much fun to go back and duo Kara, for example, while retaining some semblance of challenge. Or to organize a small group of 3 or 4 friends to go take out Icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted a 1M hp hunter because yes. Am i an idiot for that? Or do i have the right to have an opinion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by einlanzer0 View Post
    Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot. My fear is actually that they won't take it far enough. Think about it - how much more awesome would the game be if suddenly all of the content from previous expansions became available to do without being completely trivialized by you being so stupidly OP that you can one-shot everything and never even take damage?

It would be so much fun to go back and duo Kara, for example, while retaining some semblance of challenge. Or to organize a small group of 3 or 4 friends to go take out Icecrown.
    While I like your idea, I'd also like that to be an opt-in feature.

I LIKE to be able to solo and steamroll old content.

If they're going to do it with intent of there being a semblance of challenge, I'd rather they just went all the way with it and allow you to set a flag to scale your gear down to Kara's (or whatever raid) item level/character level/stats/etc., and if not you just steamroll it like it is now.

Perhaps you get a better chance at the pet drops if you do it "scaled down" or some sort of incentive for that sort of "cosmetic" reward type thing.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

There is universal consensus that level scaling was the best feature of GW2 because it created a world where content was never trivialized by being able to completely steamroll it. Consequently, content is never 'closed off', it's only opened up - you can go anywhere and do anything at the level cap and whatever you do is going to provide enough 'challenge' to be engaging and rewarding.

So, yeah, anyone who thinks it's better that so much content is massively trivialized just so they can have nonsensically huge numbers on their gear and brainlessly one-shot everything with no danger whatsoever than it would be to transform all that older content into something moderately compelling and rewarding to play through is an idiot. You won't see me apologizing for stating the obvious.
    Last edited by einlanzer0; 2013-11-11 at 08:36 PM.

That is a terrible idea because I don't play an RPG to get weaker and that is why the squish is sort of a silly idea in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholydevil View Post
    That is a terrible idea because I don't play an RPG to get weaker and that is why the squish is sort of a silly idea in the first place.
    Let me help you out, friend. Getting stronger at a more reasonable pace is not the same thing as getting weaker.

To the rest of you, I rest my case.
    Last edited by einlanzer0; 2013-11-11 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Nobody is getting weaker, the numbers displayed are just getting lower (This counts for everything, be it player or npc). How many times have people pointed this out?

The purpose of the item squish is not and never was to affect gameplay, only to make numbers easier on our eyes and the collective power of our brains and processors, as well as some limitations in code (ever wonder why Thok heals when he eats the NPCs? His true value of health is actually greater than a signed integer can support, same with Garrosh). If you think soloing old content is bad that's literally an entirely different discussion than the item squish, the two have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by einlanzer0 View Post

Having to start your thread with an insult, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Nobody is getting weaker, the numbers displayed are just getting lower (This counts for everything, be it player or npc). How many times have people pointed this out?
    My question is this, will raids like kara squish down with said numbers? There has to be a point where the squish slows down and the stops.

Yes. because its ONLY you that get weaker. and not EVERYTHING scaling down.
    You are just as strong compared to everything in the game after the squish.

you know the game has gotten retarded when a boss have to heal 3 times because his health pool is 3 times larger than the max possible in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The purpose of the item squish is not and never was to affect gameplay, only to make numbers easier on our eyes and the collective power of our brains and processors, as well as some limitations in code (ever wonder why Thok heals when he eats the NPCs? His true value of health is actually greater than a signed integer can support, same with Garrosh). If you think soloing old content is bad that's literally an entirely different discussion than the item squish, the two have nothing to do with each other.
    Not exactly- if numbers are being compressed across the board, it should affect relative performance. Although, it depends on how they're doing the compression. Stat growth is linear up to level 60, then becomes hyperbolic from 60-90, which was always a wonky design and that was honestly the main thing that needed correcting. It sounds to me like they are keeping that scale while just reducing the values at each point in the scale, which IMO is a failure on their part. They really should be redesigning the growth curve to be more linear from 60-90.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how the squish will look like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Yes. because its ONLY you that get weaker. and not EVERYTHING scaling down.
    You are just as strong compared to everything in the game after the squish.

you know the game has gotten retarded when a boss have to heal 3 times because his health pool is 3 times larger than the max possible in the game
    Reading is hard.

BTW, most players support the squish because of how obviously it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This is how the squish will look like:
    This begs the question, will older raids scale down like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Everything will be scaled they said, and old content you are still able to solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who uses the "i'm getting weaker" argument, is clearly an idiot.
    This has been talked about over and over by players and devs alike.
    YOU ARE NOT GETTING WEAKER.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    No, they will be reduced less. You can't simply reduce everything by the same percentage.