Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't see the logical reasoning for numbers going down. When we were little level 10 characters, we had smaller health, did less damage and looked up to characters like Bolvar, or watching Saurfang wipe out an entire Alliance raid who got too close. They and all who had a lot of health and hit like a truck. Part of leveling and growing up was becoming more epic in health, damage, resilience etc and now, that is all being taken away. Yes, the numbers -are- important. They're part of the fun of learning how to play your class, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemonium View Post
    I don't see the logical reasoning for numbers going down. When we were little level 10 characters, we had smaller health, did less damage and looked up to characters like Bolvar, for example who had a lot of health and hit like a truck. Part of leveling and growing up was becoming more epic in health, damage, resilience etc and now, that is all being taken away.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by einlanzer0 View Post
    No it isn't.
    From an RPG point of view, it is. From a MMOG point of view, it isn't. It's just which of the two you think is more important.

This isn't scaling down to make old dungeons tough again.
    This is a squish - which means the gear is exactly the same and the places you go with the gear get squished at the same exact ratio.
    It's not fucking rocket science they added a /1000 to all the numbers in the game. Fuck.

The RPG point of view is definitely more important to me but it's nice to feel like a mini-boss when surrounded by murlocs, too. It only makes sense after a decade of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Dero View Post
    you are weaker...why?

Cause why is my level 90 hitting the same as a level 60 does now post squish? Hmm..Cause of your fear of big numbers and omg WoWs engine. Well its almost a 10 year old game fix the crap and stop band-aid fixing it all. Why should my health in bis level 90 gear be reduced down to what it was in icc with the +30% buff?

Nostalgia is gonna kill this game to sucha degree it isn't funny especially if the rumor of no flying in the next xpac is true goodbye to all of your subs. NO body wants to pay for a game that makes them spend half the time just traveling around. Itd be like buying GTA 5 and just walking around instead of taking a car...fun right?
    They are fixing it. With the item squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    We still have ground mounts. Ground mounts are for all intents and purposes the "cars" of WoW. So your example doesn't stick at all.

I personally don't mind. A little on-foot exploration has never hurt us and it can add to the adventure sense of the world.
    you adventure it all when you level to fking 100 which is bs might I add excuse that people use for "immersion". OK outside of questing what is there to do in half the zones in the game besides farm? Is there hidden things I can access only by using a ground mount?.

Again you are nerfed. If I do a 1 million crit right now regardless of how much hp the mob has whether the mob has 100 hp or 1 billion hp and then tomorrow i log on and I hit for 300 regardless of the mobs hp. Then it is in fact a massive nerf and is completely counter productive. But hey you guys are all pro squish so so be it. Enjoy your 4k crits at level 91 when you were hitting for 1 million crits at 90 but you shouldn't be hitting as hard as a boss does with things..Well guess what that went out the window in BC even vanilla and it didn't bother you then but the vocal minority destroys everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    From an RPG point of view, it is. From a MMOG point of view, it isn't. It's just which of the two you think is more important.
    It's not even from an RPG view. The relative scale is still in place, it makes even more sense with a squish because the differences in power are brought to a more realistic scale (though still from from realistic). This is called verisimilitude.

Deleted
    Seriously, anyone who is opposed to the squish is an idiot. My fear is actually that they won't take it far enough. Think about it - how much more awesome would the game be if suddenly all of the content from previous expansions became available to do without being completely trivialized by you being so stupidly OP that you can one-shot everything and never even take damage?

It would be so much fun to go back and duo Kara, for example, while retaining some semblance of challenge. Or to organize a small group of 3 or 4 friends to go take out Icecrown.
    So what's the point of adding new content then?

Granted, it would be fun seeing that old content in its original form - to some - not all, but a lot of players enjoy soloing old content, be it for mounts, gold or to relax. And please brush up on your knowledge before posting - there is a lot of challenge to be had soloing old content. Some of it is still very difficult, especially wrath stuff due to complex mechanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm opposed to the squish but get why they are doing it.

I think there is a lot of talk here that people who don't want the squish just don't understand why it's happening or that they think they will be weaker.

To clarify, I understand completely that relative strength will remain the same, it will just feel odd doing 1 million dmg chaos bolts at 90, then starting WoD and doing 10k bolts or whatever it ends up being... it will feel weaker, while not actually being weaker.

Guess what though - I'm still going to play. This is not a deal breaker for me, it's simply a change that I didn't like but will get used to eventually - it's certainly not the end of the world and a sign the devs don't care about the player base or whatever else people are saying.

WoD looks good. The squish will come and go and players who didn't like it will get over it. End of story.

It's not even from an RPG view. The relative scale is still in place, it makes even more sense with a squish because the differences in power are brought to a more realistic scale (though still from from realistic). This is called verisimilitude.
    That's the MMOG point of view. Absolute numbers don't matter, it's all about how fast you can kill that boss.

They showed slides and compared it between old MoP gear and new MoP gear and the squish was immense.

It's one of the things that are keeping me on the 'not buying', 'not-resubbing' side of the fence. I like the numbers and it's not about ego, it's just about really feeling like my character has become this epic hero and a part of the lore in my minds eye. I really don't want to feel like I am going back to BC/Wrath in terms of health and damage. It's just old, kind of like their material has been lately.

Ehm, sorry? I'm not. Try reducing MC gear by 95%.

He asked if everything gets reduced equally, I gave him the answer. This has nothing to do with buffs or debuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

That's no reason at all to simply post to insult. I don't insult anyone, I expect to be treated the same.
    Oh god the Anti Item squisher is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I wanted a 1M hp hunter because yes. Am i an idiot for that? Or do i have the right to have an opinion?
    You can have a 1m hp hunter no problem.

Are you an idiot for that no but its silly.

Do you have the right to have an opinion yes you do but that still makes you silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that worries me is that the squish isn't big enough. It seems we will be around 60k health or so at level 90. And maybe 75k with full gear.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Oh god the Anti Item squisher is back.
    You know, at one point I'd think you'd get enough of it. Can't you just post and accept different people have different opinions, there's no need to keep harassing me.

You know, at one point I'd think you'd get enough of it. Can't you just post and accept different people have different opinions, there's no need to keep harassing me.
    I'm not, I just keep posting in forums and I keep seeing you posting against the norm.

I'm hoping at one point you will actually say something you like about WoD

Back in Kara days , people in blue ilvl 115 were doing like 500-700 dps.

So lets say they add the feature to scale down our gear down to do old content (and be rewarded accordingly for the effort with lvl 90 items) well ... it would be WAY too easy to clear that content. When I was lvling my hunter I was doing like 2k+ dps, and I was able to burst 5K dps with my Ret pally, so thats like 2-3x more DPS than what ppl were doing when it was current tier, PLUS it got nerfed by 30% before Wotlk!! Even if they squish our stats , they will have to squish all old content proportionnally, so it will still be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I wanted a 1M hp hunter because yes. Am i an idiot for that? Or do i have the right to have an opinion?
    I don't think it makes you an idiot.

It is gross, though, IMO to want to break 1 million hp.