Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Worgen Paladin please.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    I want to be a Human Horde Warrior. Its been 9 years, surely there would have been some deserters and people changing sides by now!
    Those exist. It's the result of the alliance killing the humans and Sylvannis resurrecting them as Forsaken.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Or we could not unlock more combinations, thereby retaining some mild form of uniqueness for races class combination.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do unlock all race/class combos at some point in the future. As I'm sure they know it'll generate them a lot of money with people race changing to the race they want to be. If they were to do this I would imagine the only thing stopping them are druids/shamans. Coming up with totem ideas for each race along with druid forms.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    "everyone can be everything because we took the current wow timeline and turned it in on itself"
    Another reason I hate the idea of adding time travel as a key story element of the expansion.

Everything can be justified because "the timeline did it."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I would remove some that are ridiculous, not add even more. Night Elf Mages, Gnome Mages, Gnome Priests, Blood Elf Warriors for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No.

Why?

Because Lore says Paladins and undead dot mix, gnomes don't do nature related anything and goblin worsen starting zones have time canon events

Deal with it.
    well, good lore evolves. it doesn't stay the same just to keep your anus from clenching into implosion.

the only thing i can't see happening is draenei warlocks.

gnome hunter plz..........

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but lore went out the window a long time ago. Horde never had pallys nor Alliance shammys back in vanilla. We saw lore turn on its head back in Cata... Undead were never hunters, orc were never mages, taurens were never priests, trolls were never warlocks, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    it isn't happening in this expansion. Save the QQ for a year when the next one is revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a single one of those is ridiculous actually. Troll Druids, Tauren Priests and Paladins. That shit is fucking retarded.
    All of those I listed are highly ridiculous.

I'm not seeing a good argument here and can't think of anything to justify this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am completely in favor of this happening. It has been 9 years, and the time has come to unlock these combos and allow us, as players, to choose our race/class based on our personal aesthetics rather than be pigenholed into a set combo for the sake of lore, which, by the way, is already being stretched pretty damn thin. We are in for some BIG changes in this next expansion, and some QoL items like this should be included.
    Nah, this wouldn't be a quality of life change. This would be purely cosmetic. And not needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    There may not be DK's anymore if we go back and change the time line. The Lich King may not ever come to pass.
    The first DK's were orc warlock/necromantic creations. You could say that Arthas's death knights are akin to the difference between tauren shamanism and goblin shamanism, or the human/dwarf paladin's use of the light in comparison to the tauren or blood elves version. I think the different death knights are very much different though, more so than just how they obtained thier power; sort of like all ballista are siege weapons, but not all siege weapons are ballista, but in the grand scheme of things they are both essentially death knights.

As for other class/race combos, i dont see why blizzard couldnt open them up a bit more, especially for druids and paladins, who desperately need more race diversity.

Pandaren death knights could be a thing easily , as well as paladin and/or druids. They would probably be the best candidates out of all the remaining races for the later 2 (aside from forsaken paladins *ill refrain from getting into that discussion again* ). It would make for a really clean and easy Buff to both factions representation, without having to worry about comparable races for each side.

Human and Orcs could be other possible points for Druids, especially with WoD around the corner. Humans for fairly obvious reasons ( also being so close to elves these days *Blightcaller for example* ). Orcs could work in the same way Trolls can be druids, they form their own version of animal / nature worship on Draenor with their indigenous species (which would make for some awesome shapeshift forms ). Im sure there could be a tribe of Orcs that founded this sort of belief , or something thats interconnected with another species on the planet ( Like Orcs and Draenei lived together ). There are various "specialized" Orc clans already, so its not that far of a stretch.

Gnome shamanism isnt that much of a stretch either, considering goblins were able to make it work. It would make for a neat "rivalry" scenario, of gnomes needing to one up the goblins, or being "pressured / inspired" by the alliance to find a way to use shamanism for themselves like goblins can. They already have a deep connection with the dwarves, so they could give the gnomes aid in making it work.

All of the class / race combos are pretty filled out, save shaman / paladin / druid. I would be all for bring up those three to where its not so restrictive and bland (like always seeing Night Elf druids and Tauren druids, or Human/Dwarf paladins and Blood Elf paladins. The other classes are so close that adding the final race combo to finish it off isnt really that detrimental at this point (especially with those races having examples of those classes being used by other enemy factions ), but im not so inclined to say they "have to" , as im more concerned for the shaman / paladin / druid representation thats really suffering (shaman not nearly as bad).

Im sure there are a lot of "lore junkies" that will dismiss anything new, like they have been doing for years as blizzard continued to make new combos. They have good reasons most of the time; I can fully understand keeping the lore intact, but the whole class/race blockade they put up is just silly and irrational. Stating lore for the sake of lore is one thing, but stating lore in the face of contradicting lore and examples is ...just being "that old guy cliche" . "Firmly Established" lore is funny, considering blizzard has retconned a ton of it over the years.

The idea that with experience or special quest unlocks, you could gain access to certain absent class/race combinations is an old one, and a good one.

I think there's pretty much no chance we'll see that here.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    As for other class/race combos, i dont see why blizzard couldnt open them up a bit more, especially for druids and paladins, who desperately need more race diversity.

Pandaren death knights could be a thing easily , as well as paladin and/or druids. They would probably be the best candidates out of all the remaining races for the later 2 (aside from forsaken paladins *ill refrain from getting into that discussion again* ). It would make for a really clean and easy Buff to both factions representation, without having to worry about comparable races for each side.
    1) No, they don't desperately need "race diversity."

2) Panda DKs wouldn't make sense.

3) "Faction representation" doesn't need a "buff."

4) Blightcaller is just a super awesome Human Hunter, not "close to an elf."

5) Having one, or few UD Paladins doesn't really mean Forsaken Paladins would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    1) No, they don't desperately need "race diversity."

2) Panda DKs wouldn't make sense.

3) "Faction representation" doesn't need a "buff."

4) Blightcaller is just a super awesome Human Hunter, not "close to an elf."

5) Having one, or few UD Paladins doesn't really mean Forsaken Paladins would make sense.
    1) Thats your opinion, and you're allowed to have it. But based on the chart of race/class combos, yes they do need more race diversity for shaman/paladin/druid.

2) They dont make sense to you, thats fine, but they are completely plausible based on 3 factors.

1 - The WoW content timeline is already messed up, but in the general sense of how it functions, Pandaren are available before Arthas is slain. A lvl 10 pandaren right off the isle doesnt seem possible to be converted by Arthas, but when you go from the Isle to the Cata zones youve reached that thin line in the timeline between 1-60 before Outlands, and 1-60 after Outlands. Once you reach Outlands, youve reached another point where the timelines dont match. You havent entered Outlands after the Cataclysm, its Outlands before; the same goes for Northrend. Just because it may "not make sense or make sense in a different way" does not mean you can write off the Outlands and Northrend content as "current" . In the grand scheme of the story, yes Pandaren are after Cata, but once they enter the normal progression of content, it becomes Pre Cata, and cannot be dismissed. In a sense, its contradicting lore thats still cannon on either side.

2 - Wandering Pandaren before even TBC was released. The whole "1 example of something or a small group doesnt mean its ok" is a lame argument made by people. In the population of a server, only a very small handful of players are going to be Goblin DKs, yet its ok. "But server population doesn't mean its lore" , nor does having half a dozen Pandaren DKs mean its too small a number to "be logical" . If you can have 1 example of someone in lore doing something, it still happened and was part of that lore. If only 5 DKs in existance were Pandaren, there was still 5 Pandaren DKs progressing through the story; and in fact, one of them might have helped slay Deathwing.

There isnt a population limitation on being a certain Class, or Race. Otherwise, you know, Draenei couldnt be anything since they came down on a single ship that can only hold a very small population of hundreds.

3 - WoD could help re-introduce the First Death Knights. The ones that came before Arthas's version of Death Knights. "But that cant work, we play Arthas's Death Knights" . Sunweavers, Highborn, Blood Knights, Gilnean Druids, ...the list goes on. This would make it possible for ANY race to become a DK. Its not "retconned" lore either, it was a staple of Warcraft before WoW. The only difference would be that instead of solely using Orc souls, they could use any soul (which they could have before). The corporeal form of the DKs in this fashion would be of whatever they deemed worthy, including a wandering lvl 90 monk trying to save the world.

Would this be awkward in conjunction with the DK starting zone? Yea it sure would. They would need to create something of equivalent nature, omit the need to do the DK starting area (placing you somewhere relevant to start), or some other dubious implementation to make it work (something not coming to me at the moment).

3) See 1)

4) He was a super awesome Ranger, and if he wasnt "close" to elves, he would have never made it into being as successful as he was. He didnt need to be in a love relationship with an elf, or adopted, or anything; but he became what he was, both because of his skill in achievement and because the elves took him under their wing. He was a prime example of the ability to be trained by a different race in their ways. Something that is not foreign to WoW to this day ( Monks ). As people have mentioned, its completely possible for exceptional people or groups to form connections that is not typical of their faction/race. These individuals and groups can also eventually teach their ways to further individuals or generations. As mentioned above in 2) , population numbers do not dictate the ability to do something.

5) See 2) and 4) . Also, are you kidding me? Being ABLE to do something goes beyond just "making sense" its PROOF that its possible. What "doesnt make sense" is that Lady Sylvanas wouldnt try and bring paladins into her fold for power, akin to the Blood Elves. Even if it was remotely possible, the enticement to mass produce something that powerful is too great to just shrug off for the forsaken.

what i would like to see
    Gnome hunters and pallies(might have to do something similar to blood knights or sunwalkers)
    Night elf pallies
    Troll pallies(freethinkers)
    Dwarf druids(wild hammer have some druids)
    Blood elf druids
    Tauren rogues
    Draenei rogues

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    1) Thats your opinion, and you're allowed to have it. But based on the chart of race/class combos, yes they do need more race diversity for shaman/paladin/druid.
    No, that is just your opinion. It won't make sense lore wise, and wouldn't fix anything, help anything, or improve anything.

2) They dont make sense to you, thats fine, but they are completely plausible based on 3 factors.

Would this be awkward in conjunction with the DK starting zone? Yea it sure would. They would need to create something of equivalent nature, omit the need to do the DK starting area (placing you somewhere relevant to start), or some other dubious implementation to make it work (something not coming to me at the moment).
    None of what you said really even makes sense. Blizzard making a time paradox doesn't mean its okay to make another. Two wrongs don't make a right. The Death Knights from WC2 were only Orc souls in the bodies of Humans.

3) See 1)
    No, it still doesn't need a buff.
    4) He was a super awesome Ranger, and if he wasnt "close" to elves, he would have never made it into being as successful as he was. He didnt need to be in a love relationship with an elf, or adopted, or anything; but he became what he was, both because of his skill in achievement and because the elves took him under their wing. He was a prime example of the ability to be trained by a different race in their ways. Something that is not foreign to WoW to this day ( Monks ). As people have mentioned, its completely possible for exceptional people or groups to form connections that is not typical of their faction/race. These individuals and groups can also eventually teach their ways to further individuals or generations. As mentioned above in 2) , population numbers do not dictate the ability to do something.
    No, he wasn't an Elf. Learning a skill =/= ability. Just because Blightcaller was a good Archer (before meeting elves), doesn't mean just any old joe off the street could find the "light" and learn to wield it.

5) See 2) and 4) . Also, are you kidding me? Being ABLE to do something goes beyond just "making sense" its PROOF that its possible. What "doesnt make sense" is that Lady Sylvanas wouldnt try and bring paladins into her fold for power, akin to the Blood Elves. Even if it was remotely possible, the enticement to mass produce something that powerful is too great to just shrug off for the forsaken.
    No, having one single UD Paladin doesn't mean any UD can do it. Read his lore please.

No, that is just your opinion. It won't make sense lore wise, and wouldn't fix anything, help anything, or improve anything.

None of what you said really even makes sense. Blizzard making a time paradox doesn't mean its okay to make another. Two wrongs don't make a right. The Death Knights from WC2 were only Orc souls in the bodies of Humans.

No, he wasn't an Elf. Learning a skill =/= ability. Just because Blightcaller was a good Archer (before meeting elves), doesn't mean just any old joe off the street could find the "light" and learn to wield it.

No, having one single UD Paladin doesn't mean any UD can do it. Read his lore please.
    Again, just because it doesnt make sense to you, doesnt mean you can write it off.

You know who teaches the forsaken how to be hunters? Blightcaller. Do you know how he learned to be the ranger he is today? The elves. I didnt call him an Elf, that would contradict everything i had been stating.

I did read the UD Paladins lore, its a perfect contradiction to "forsaken cant be undead...*THE LIGHT*" . Yes, he had the highest degree of faith that kept his own mind intact, even though he was still under control. That doesnt discredit the ability to become a paladin as a forsaken; It does credit his ability to keep from turning into a Death Knight. You are also trying to compare the "extraordinary" of a high level paladin, with a level 1 paladin. A level 1 paladin does not harness the light ( or is enveloped with the light) at the same magnitude as a high level one like Uther. As one grows stronger, more of the light becomes part of the Paladin, its a growth of both faith and character. Its not just an "unlock" that happens as you grow up, while you store the entire 100 levels of paladin in your body at lvl 1 . Nobody would be able to handle that, not even our Paladin champions that we swoon over.

Get over your lore holdup. Doesn't matter any longer. Let people play the class/race combo they want. End of story. You want a lore explanation? The player is a determined soul who trains under a master willing to teach them.

Saying a Panda can't be a druid is like saying no caucasian could be a samurai or ninja (or could never be a dancer or jump high ) ... race means nothing. Your personal willingness to adapt, your level of dedication, your effort dictates what you can achieve. In a world where a blood elf can learn to transform into a demon as they increase in skill, having them learn how to transform into animals as a druid doesn't seem far fetched at all.

Do you define yourself on your race? Do you limit what you can achieve based on your race? I sure hope not.

Lore isn't a good excuse, because there is a way around it. With Undead priests, we already have proven that there are some willing to work through the misery to attain the path they wish to take.

The only limitations should revolve around technical ones; and the only ones that would have technical issues would be Panda DKs (or any future initially neutral race). Everything is up for grabs.

Go ahead, get upset and yell at me why you have to be right; but in the end, you don't. The creators of the IP can do whatever they damn well please; and for me, race is not a limiting factor in the game or irl. You control your own destiny through your mindset.