Poll: Poll

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Which brought me to a point I made earlier. But I won't state it a third time.
    At this point I have to assume you just don't understand liability as a concept.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    At this point I have to assume you just don't understand liability as a concept.
    You missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    What the actual fuck? What if the customer has a tank, then what? Maybe we should give them all RPGs instead. They could even be stored in food warmer bags so they could be concealed on the delivery man's back. In short, this is an even more awful idea than your average awful idea, OP.
    Just 3 C4 packs. Battlefield has taught me that 3 C4 packs can take out a tank. Just don't get run over!
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

You missed the point.
    No its just that your assertion that there aren't really that many instances where the company would liable indicates a lack of understanding of the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Basically if you're working a job that requires you to go door to door to deliver food to people, do you think they should be given something like a pistol while on duty? When you sign up for the job, they check your mental state, train you a little, then when you are on duty, you are given a pistol until your shift ends, at which point you return the gun or face severe consequences. This is largely in part due to the fact that most people who work these kinds of jobs are exposing themselves to considerable danger.
    No. This is just... stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The only danger a Papa John's driver faces is from the pizza itself.
    I was actually robbed while working for them, in a semi-small city no less. Do I feel like if I would have had a gun it would've been different? Maybe, but guess what I was reimbursed for the money I had that was mine (like $25), and worked the rest of my shift.

I would never order food if I knew they had firearms. Because then I'd have to approach the door like a mexican standoff.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No its just that your assertion that there aren't really that many instances where the company would liable indicates a lack of understanding of the concept.
    You're just being purposefully dense at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then one day some douche doesn't tip, so he gets shot?
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    Where the hell do you live that foodservice people are in so much danger that you think a gun is necessary? Also here are some facts about rape, murder and serial killers.

Just for a basis of comparison your odds of being struck by lightning in your lifetime are 1 in 3,000
    Odds of being raped in your lifetime: 1 in 3,472
    Murdered: 1 in 1,000,000
    Murdered by a serial killer: 1 in 100,000,000

In conclusion you are more likely to get struck by lightning than any of those things you listed. I think the food service people are ok.
    Where are those numbers from?

US murder rate: 14,612/300 million ==> 1/21,000
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#United_States

US rape rate: 90,000/300 million (reported rate) ==> 1/3,333
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States

However:

Rape prevalence among women in the U.S. (the percentage of women who experienced rape at least once in their lifetime so far) is in the range of 15%–20%, with different studies agreeing with each other. (National Violence against Women survey, 1995, found 17.6% prevalence rate;[5] a 2007 national study for the Department of Justice on rape found 18% prevalence rate.[6])
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_the_United_States

Terrifying statistic.

Also:

The chance of an average person living in the US being struck by lightning in a given year is estimated at 1/500,000, while the chance of being struck by lightning in a lifetime is 1/6250 (estimated lifespan of 80 years).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike

Not too far off on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Being a pizza delivery man is more dangerous than being a police officer. This is fact.
    Yes they should be armed.

They can if they want to or feel the need to. It should not be required or even remotely encouraged by the company though. They could/should discourage it. I am more likely to order food from a place that sends delivery people who are less likely to be armed. The people who feel they want to or feel the need to can carry it on their dime and hide it. Not tipping your ass if you show upto deliver food to my home with your gun on display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Being a pizza delivery man is more dangerous than being a police officer. This is fact.
    Yes they should be armed.
    I can't fathom this, much less allow it to go without being my new sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know when you do that, It's because you 2nd it. Right?
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaroko View Post
    You know when you do that, It's because you 2nd it. Right?
    Not actually true. Look at my sig for instance. I don't second that horribly incorrect opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not actually true. Look at my sig for instance. I don't second that horribly incorrect opinion.
    I didn't second your idea of "anchor babies". Just found it pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    This is largely in part due to the fact that most people who work these kinds of jobs are exposing themselves to considerable danger.
    I hope this wasn't intended to be a factual statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    No. This is just... stupidity.
    It's typical of that individual. Most of the threads started by them are garbage that a 5 year old should be able to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's typical of that individual not playing with a full deck if you get my meaning.
    If you're going to call somebody mentally disabled, just do it outright.

Police do not even make top ten.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49842847

according to an annual report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

America’s Deadliest Jobs 2012

10. Taxi drivers and chauffeurs

8. Driver/ sales workers and truck drivers