Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

When was the last time....

You felt like your character was a special snowflake? I ask because in all the homogenization and focus on end game raids, there are not many instances anymore where players can feel really great about the class/race they picked.

I played a night elf rogue, so I totally felt like my character was a rogue during the class specific quests of picking the pocket of that one demon in Teldrassil, learning night elf lore through the vials quests, the Ravenholdt quests, & the Legendary Daggers quests. I also felt like my character was a special snowflake when I scouted ahead during raids and sapped pats, disarmed the traps from BWL, psuedo locked down tricky druids in WotLK arenas with stuns/gouges/deadly throws/oh my!, stealth & shadowstepped my way back to my group through UBRS after my own stupid death (I fell in lava...), stealthily looted corpses in old AV to call in various cavalry, evasion tanked bosses after enrage timer to get the kill, and actually found locked chests.

How about you guys? What class & race combo are your mains and what times did you feel really special about it?

I started in Cata and wasn't good until Dragon Soul so. Never.

Really? What race/class combo do you play?

For me, It would have to have been the first time my guild downed H 25 Kel'Thuzad on my Resto Shammy. Getting down to that last 30% on him and popping that Bloodlust. Holy shit I just remember the vent yelling "BL! BL! BL!" and then "RUAAAARAAAARGHAAGH!" and everyone growing and finally taking down KT.

Too bad that now with mages having Time Warp having Bloodlust is like "well mages do more DPS and have BL so .....we dont need you in the raid today".

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    cata jrojirohir

I felt like a special snowflake when I first rolled a Blood Elf Paladin. I loved the whole ascension through the blood knight ranks questline, as well as the mount questline. It made me feel like I was really a part of Silvermoon and of the blood knight order. Like I was almost equals with Lady Liadrin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twin Peaks BG. I was leveling my sub rogue in BGs in the middle of MoP, it's 2-2 and our priest goes in and grabs the flag solo, comes down the ramp chased by 4 of the other team, including a mage and a dk. I sprint to intercept, get there right as the first death-grip goes off, and start firing off cooldowns. After a bout of awesomely chaotic combat, a good minute or so later, our priest finally gets free is half-way across the BG, while I've still got these guys locked down and unable to pursue. Four of them, one of me (and a shield and HoT from the fleeing priest-FC) and I kept them locked down perfectly. Used everything, Shadowdance, use everything some more, Vanish, use it all again, Prep, use it all again, Vanish, use it all again, Shadowdance. It was awesome.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    i was once a mighty and powerful warlock, i could make the greatest of foe's run around in fear of their lives, i could buff anyone i wanted to cheat death, i could reach out through the nether and grab your soul and bring you into my presence with the slightest of ease, i could grant you the ability to breath through water.

yes, in my youth, i once was a unique and powerful master of the dark arts that could do things that made me an invaluable asset.

now, not so much.

Right about when I started tanking Soo. Felt awesome.

I stopped playing for a while now :-( I have to keep up

When I was 1 of 2 raiding Ret Paladins in TBC.

On the entire server.

The ignorance we had to wade through......

When I was pioneering DW DK dps and tanking in Wrath.

The ignorance I had to wade through.....

Actually, that pretty much sums up most of my WoW experience.

Fighting Ignorance, be that mine or someone elses. Puts you in quite the snowflake territory.

Deleted
    i really miss the lol aoe combustion from cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    You felt like your character was a special snowflake? I ask because in all the homogenization and focus on end game raids, there are not many instances anymore where players can feel really great about the class/race they picked.

I played a night elf rogue, so I totally felt like my character was a rogue during the class specific quests of picking the pocket of that one demon in Teldrassil, learning night elf lore through the vials quests, the Ravenholdt quests, & the Legendary Daggers quests. I also felt like my character was a special snowflake when I scouted ahead during raids and sapped pats, disarmed the traps from BWL, psuedo locked down tricky druids in WotLK arenas with stuns/gouges/deadly throws/oh my!, stealth & shadowstepped my way back to my group through UBRS after my own stupid death (I fell in lava...), stealthily looted corpses in old AV to call in various cavalry, evasion tanked bosses after enrage timer to get the kill, and actually found locked chests.

How about you guys? What class & race combo are your mains and what times did you feel really special about it?
    Human and Blood Elf Rogues in WotLK. Will always have have those special Rogue feels to it I like, mostly a mental thing. Though not sure I'd label it snowflake. lol

Being a Tank that takes zero shit from my party members makes me feel like a snowflake.
    Call me old fashioned but if you spank it you best be ready to tank it motherfucker 'cause I'm gonna debuff righteous fury, cast Hand of Protection on the Healer just to be a dick and watch you die because I am the Tank and I should pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Being a Tank that takes zero shit from my party members makes me feel like a snowflake.
    Call me old fashioned but if you spank it you best be ready to tank it motherfucker 'cause I'm gonna debuff righteous fury, cast Hand of Protection on the Healer just to be a dick and watch you die because I am the Tank and I should pull.
    this is why we cant have nice things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    Mhmm, and when do I end up "tanking" something much of the time it happens, when the tank is a twit who draws too much attention, or not enough, ends up getting the healer attacked and I'm on the one there trying to get it off the healer who's trying to heal the damn tank. Or I try to stand in as a dodge tank for a moment so they can try to revive the tank who got his/her ass killed. Yeah, you're both welcome.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-11-12 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both the old Razzashi raptor and Zulian tiger in ADDITION to the NEW razzashi raptor and Zulian panther.

So I feel pretty aspecial.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    When 90% of the player base never set foot in a raid.

Vanilla. My main was a hunter in the early raids and hunters were essential for pulling/peeling/kiting and Tranq shot in vanilla. Also being kitted in T2+ gear with Chromaggus X-bow, (before normaization of weapon speed), in early AV was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by geekx View Post
    When 90% of the player base never set foot in a raid.
    In hindsight, holding up a raid for whatever reason in Vanilla/TBC could be considered "special snowflake" by todays standards, since theres no such thing as holding up a raid now. If you even LOOK like you arnt ready, you get replaced.

"Why is lolrogue not inside the raid yet?"
    "He took the boat"

/whole raid groans