• The Viking feel to it, kiddies love vikings

23 28.05%
  • I have other reasons to think its kiddies

38 46.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Why do you feel WOTLK was childish?

I should note I'm not asking this so people can flame each other, start arguments, or be downright rude. Friendly debates are welcome, but I encourage people to be civil to one another, because this is just a game we're talking about. This is a genuine question.

What about 'Wrath of The Lich King' was childish, in your opinion? I simply don't see it, to be honest. Was it how the Blue-Eyed Zombie looked? Was it the excessive usage of zombies and zombie dragons or aspect of it? Was it the way Northrend looked/Viking/Scandinavian/ the Knight vs Dragon vs Undead vs Uncead Dragon theme? Was it because overall, what didn't you like about it or why do you think they attract the kiddies?

If you felt the opposite, why did you feel that way, then? What about it was equally or more hardcore than other expansions? What did you like about it overall?

Mod-note: This thread seems to be more flamebaiting than being part of a more constructive over view. Other users have seen connections with it to others on the forum - I take the chance to lock it before more problems.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-11-12 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a toy shop and children running around Dalaran. Also, XT was childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There was a toy shop and children running around Dalaran. Also, XT was childish.
    Yes, Dalaran with the Arabian Night feel to it, and the flying carpet thing, and flying city made it feek kiddiesh I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk was childish? lolwut?

Deleted
    Did your feelings get hurt because of the other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    My reaction as well. If anything it was the opposite, what with the undead (especially abominations, made by stitching together several dead bodies), all kinds of ''scary'' monsters, some pretty chilling quests and a bunch of other things...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Kids like zombies and dragons, wotlk has both and zombie dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    My reaction as well. If anything it was the opposite, what with the undead (especially abominations, made by stitching together several dead bodies), all kinds of ''scary'' monsters, some pretty chilling quests and a bunch of other things...
    Last time I check, kiddies love those stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Did your feelings get hurt because of the other thread?
    What thread? Did your feelings get hurt because of this thread? I'm sorry if you did?

Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

I feel WOTLK was childish because it has pandas. (I see what thread you're looking at, mate.)
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account

No, it was the best expansion for me.

Please post constructively. Why are you linking something that has nothing to do whatsoever with this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Of-the-horde View Post

No, it was the best expansion for me.
    Since when childish means worst?

Whit?

I just..... I..... my head hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazama View Post
    I feel WOTLK was childish because it has pandas. (I see what thread you're looking at, mate.)
    There were no Pandas in WOTLK, so it's childish because of the lack of it?. You must be a Sherlock or something.

WoW is for children ages 13 and up. So by it's very nature it isn't an adult game. The graphics are for the most part geared for a younger audience, and that isn't a dis I love the style of WoW's graphics. You will find a lot of kids movies and games, have little things mixed in that an adult will often find amusing that a child won't catch. WoW is much like that it is geared for a younger audience but still has plenty of good stuff in their that adults can enjoy. When people see the word childish for some reason it pisses them off to think they something they like might be childish, but that is simple insecurity. There is no reason to take offense over something you enjoy. I think the art style of WildStar manages to look even more childish than WoW but it also looks fun as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    What thread? Did your feelings get hurt because of this thread? I'm sorry if you did?
    Yes. Very much hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    There were no Pandas in WOTLK, so it's childish because of the lack of it?. You must be a Sherlock or something.
    Look at the link above my post :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Yes. Very much hurt.

Pity, My feelings have been crushed by this virtual question...
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

The Lich King reminded me of that Disney Ice Princess that was always complaining.

Deleted
    I was a child when I played wotlk. Thats about it.

I did not find Wrath childish. But I do find this thread rather childish, if there was point to made about the original thread this imitates why not make it in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    The Lich King reminded me of that Disney Ice Princess that was always complaining.
    Fel... I should had put this in the poll....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I was a child when I played wotlk. Thats about it.
    Were you attracted to the whole WOLTK as a child and thinks its cool because you can find undead and vampire and werewolves and stuff? and dragon, my 7 year old children love em.