Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ADzzy/advanced

This is my healgear at the moment without any adjustments, yet. I know I have to reforge and gem differently etc. but the main questions I have right now are these:
    1. Is it worth it to go for the 13k haste breakpoint with my gear?
    2. Is it worth dropping the 2p t15 for the 2p t16? I have flex helmet+Legs and could exchange it. Or how good is the 2p t15 in general? to me it seems VERY good. When do we drop it? How good is the 2p t16?
    3. Is regrowth glyph still worth using?
    1. It's possible to get to the breakpoint without losing too many socket bonuses, so you might consider it (being JC helps with those 480 haste gems). However with your current gear you might be a bit low on spirit (11k), so you'd have to try out if that's enough for you.
    2. If you raid 25 man, 2pT15 is very strong. In 10 man it's situational, good on some fights but not that strong on others. 2pT16 is mostly situational too. You'll want to get 4p as soon as possible, it doesn't really matter in between considering it wouldn't be an ilvl upgrade.
    3. Definitely.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    This is my healgear at the moment without any adjustments, yet. I know I have to reforge and gem differently etc. but the main questions I have right now are these:
    1. Is it worth it to go for the 13k haste breakpoint with my gear?
    With proper gems/reforges you can drop down to roughly 4k haste, however to get to the 13k breakpoint you'd have to break a couple of gem bonuses (mostly spirit bonuses). It also depends on how much spirit you are comfortable with, I was keeping you above 12k spirit however you're only running 10k at the moment and if you're comfortable with that then it'd be a fair bit easier to get to the 13k haste breakpoint.

2. Is it worth dropping the 2p t15 for the 2p t16? I have flex helmet+Legs and could exchange it. Or how good is the 2p t15 in general? to me it seems VERY good. When do we drop it? How good is the 2p t16?
    Definitely don't trade out t15 for flex t16, although if your raid is having triage healing problems (not getting people up after spikes quickly enough), then it may be worth trading the throughput from t15 2pc for the instant Healing Touches from 2pc T16. However you would certainly be losing throughput to go to your flex t16.

3. Is regrowth glyph still worth using?
    Yes, having a 10-15% chance to do 50% less healing on your emergency single target heal leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is our weakest glyph however (on fights where the wild growth glyph won't be mostly overhealing in 10's), so if you need to run another one like stampeding roar then you might want to trade it out for the fight.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys!!! I more or less have a clue about how to go from here . Just one last thing, when I do not go for the 13k haste breakpoint, do I socket for INT or for mastery?

Deleted
    gem full mastery, when you are at vertain ilvl 2mastery>1int and its a really low ilvl so just go full mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Tranks View Post
    gem full mastery, when you are at vertain ilvl 2mastery>1int and its a really low ilvl so just go full mastery
    Should I just ignore socket bonus and go full mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Should I just ignore socket bonus and go full mastery?
    No, keep intellect bonuses (red).
    Blue intellect bonuses are probably not worth it unless you need the spirit.

Do it with a mind set of 2 mastery > 1 int

These are my personal weights for full mastery gemming in AskMrRobot. You may have to adjust the spirit cap to suit your needs. It works for the 13k haste break point too, but you need to make sure you adjust your spirit caps to i know how much spirit vs mastery to get.
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2013-11-01 at 02:51 AM.

Thank you for advice.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    No, keep intellect bonuses (red).
    Blue intellect bonuses are probably not worth it unless you need the spirit.

Do it with a mind set of 2 mastery > 1 int
    I'd disagree, as long as you have the potential to reforge some spirit into mastery or haste then matching blue sockets is worth it.

Now if you were pushing hard for the haste breakpoint I'd recommend you drop the +60 *secondary stat* bonuses first rather than worry about the gem colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I'd disagree, as long as you have the potential to reforge some spirit into mastery or haste then matching blue sockets is worth it.
    I suppose that would only matter if you're running low on spirit, but if you're trying to go for "max" mastery (but still not skimping on intellect obviously) , then you wouldn't want to get those blue spirit/int sockets. I know with my weights have and my toon I still have about 15k spirit with the 3k haste break point. Though ive been pretty picky about my gear and mostly only going spi/mastery pieces.

on another note, I do plan on going for 13k haste breakpoint once I pick up a couple haste pieces that I'm missing (mainly rings and a neck)

I suppose that would only matter if you're running low on spirit, but if you're trying to go for "max" mastery (but still not skimping on intellect obviously) , then you wouldn't want to get those blue spirit/int sockets. I know with my weights have and my toon I still have about 15k spirit with the 3k haste break point. Though ive been pretty picky about my gear and mostly only going spi/mastery pieces.

on another note, I do plan on going for 13k haste breakpoint once I pick up a couple haste pieces that I'm missing (mainly rings and a neck)
    Or instead of arguing on the internet with anecdotal evidence and made up numbers, you get some stat weights and breakpoints you want then use a gear optimizer. It will give you a mathematically correct result. Nothing beats that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Or instead of arguing on the internet with anecdotal evidence and made up numbers, you get some stat weights and breakpoints you want then use a gear optimizer. It will give you a mathematically correct result. Nothing beats that!
    What are you talking about made up numbers? I'm telling you that I have 15k spirit and the 3k haste breakpoint. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't say 3043 haste or 13163 haste.

And I provided my own personal weights in this thread already, so I already agree that using a gear optimizer with custom weights is the better way to go since computers are way more efficient than a human when it comes math. Although to get to the point of making your own weights you need to know what you're looking for with gemming. You can't just willy-nilly type in numbers and expect something optimal or even just copy someone else's weights.

For example, talking about the above comment you were criticizing. When I made those weights I originally put spirit at '.3'. Doing that it kept the +60 intellect socket bonus on my Ra-den's Evolving Signet. I personally decided I'd rather have 160 more mastery than the 160 spirit/60 int. So I lowered the spirit value to '.2' and that fixed it for me.

Also, we weren't arguing either, what I'm doing now is arguing with you since you are ignorantly spouting your own general statement. We were discussing a fairly small min-maxing point about gearing and gemming and as I said before, you cant just type any sort of weights into an optimizer and expect optimal results. Yea, its optimal for the weights you gave, but it may not be what you want or need based on your min-maxing preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    1. It's possible to get to the breakpoint without losing too many socket bonuses, so you might consider it (being JC helps with those 480 haste gems). However with your current gear you might be a bit low on spirit (11k), so you'd have to try out if that's enough for you.
    2. If you raid 25 man, 2pT15 is very strong. In 10 man it's situational, good on some fights but not that strong on others. 2pT16 is mostly situational too. You'll want to get 4p as soon as possible, it doesn't really matter in between considering it wouldn't be an ilvl upgrade.
    3. Definitely.
    If you are low on spirit the free HT casts can certainly be worth it, but probably best to go for 2pt15+ 2pt16 not either of them.
    also blacksmithing > JC I would take the 640 extra haste over 320 haste any day.

What are you talking about made up numbers? I'm telling you that I have 15k spirit and the 3k haste breakpoint. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't say 3043 haste or 13163 haste.

And I provided my own personal weights in this thread already, so I already agree that using a gear optimizer with custom weights is the better way to go since computers are way more efficient than a human when it comes math. Although to get to the point of making your own weights you need to know what you're looking for with gemming. You can't just willy-nilly type in numbers and expect something optimal or even just copy someone else's weights.

For example, talking about the above comment you were criticizing. When I made those weights I originally put spirit at '.3'. Doing that it kept the +60 intellect socket bonus on my Ra-den's Evolving Signet. I personally decided I'd rather have 160 more mastery than the 160 spirit/60 int. So I lowered the spirit value to '.2' and that fixed it for me.

Also, we weren't arguing either, what I'm doing now is arguing with you since you are ignorantly spouting your own general statement. We were discussing a fairly small min-maxing point about gearing and gemming and as I said before, you cant just type any sort of weights into an optimizer and expect optimal results. Yea, its optimal for the weights you gave, but it may not be what you want or need based on your min-maxing preferences.
    I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about people who want to give answers about whether or not a socket bonus is worth taking when you simply can't say "spirit bonuses are only worth taking if you're low on spirit" because that won't always be correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about people who want to give answers about whether or not a socket bonus is worth taking when you simply can't say "spirit bonuses are only worth taking if you're low on spirit" because that won't always be correct.
    Well, "what's correct" still depends on the player. They make their own stat weights and look at the output to decide if that is what they think is correct. If they don't like that they are skipping intellect bonuses, then they adjust the weights so the optimizer takes them. Saying "plug it into the optimizer" is just as general as me saying "take spirit bonuses if you're low on spirit" since the optimizer is only as optimal as the user makes it.

I can make the optimizer have me gem full crit with lowest possible haste. Does that make it optimal? For those weights I gave it, of course. But we all know that's not useful for raid healing.
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2013-11-01 at 09:30 PM.

Well, "what's correct" still depends on the player. They make their own stat weights and look at the output to decide if that is what they think is correct. If they don't like that they are skipping intellect bonuses, then they adjust the weights so the optimizer takes them. Saying "plug it into the optimizer" is just as general as me saying "take spirit bonuses if you're low on spirit" since the optimizer is only as optimal as the user makes it.

I can make the optimizer have me gem full crit with lowest possible haste. Does that make it optimal? For those weights I gave it, of course. But we all know that's not useful for raid healing.
    Now you're just spurting gibberish to make yourself not seem wrong. Read my first post and I perfectly explained everything you seem to have a problem with. Also if someone wanted to gem crit so they made the optimizer tell them that, then that proves my point. You personally cannot give anyone an exact answer, the optimzer can, even if they want to gem crit.

Y'all should like, just chill out deeds.

Deleted
    Hey guys!
    I was recently thinking of trying for the 13163 haste cap
    I'm currently running 6652 haste and have all the gem bonuses
    Here's how it's gonna look after the changes :

As you can see I'll be missing a ton of spirit(which frankly I am willing to try with ) and I wanted your opinion on weather it's worth trying at my current ilvl

thanks a lot guys

Quote Originally Posted by alex2395 View Post
    Hey guys!
    I was recently thinking of trying for the 13163 haste cap
    I'm currently running 6652 haste and have all the gem bonuses
    Here's how it's gonna look after the changes :

As you can see I'll be missing a ton of spirit(which frankly I am willing to try with ) and I wanted your opinion on weather it's worth trying at my current ilvl

thanks a lot guys
    Do you have legendary meta gem? if yes, that spirit is fine for normals. If yes to gem but doing heroics, you'll probably need more spirit. If no gem, don't do it. Also, the 6652 haste break point is not really worth going for. I'd recommend the 3043.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    Do you have legendary meta gem? if yes, that spirit is fine for normals. If yes to gem but doing heroics, you'll probably need more spirit. If no gem, don't do it. Also, the 6652 haste break point is not really worth going for. I'd recommend the 3043.

I have the gem but no cape and I mostly do normals/flex
    So I should reforge all the haste to maybe mastery right?Cause I feel fine with 15k spirit

Deleted
    14 to 15K spirit doing the last 4 heroic bosses (the only proper hard ones) should be fine. (edit im 10man)