Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the subtext of what he is asking is. Say Man is accused of raping Woman. Go to Court, 99% of the time we subconsciously think the man did it. Also even if the said Man is innocent. In the eyes of the public the guy is a rapist. Stigmatism.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Prison regarding RAPE. Didnt you read? Prison regards ALL sexual conduct, if caught, as rape. it doesnt mATTER if its consentual or not. That, therefore, throw the rape statictic off because rape is normally non consentual sex.
    Why don't you quote your source on that assertion? Also, the studies are independent of prison input, making that point entirely void.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think the subtext of what he is asking is. Say Man is accused of raping Woman. Go to Court, 99% of the time we subconsciously think the man did it. Also even if the said Man is innocent. In the eyes of the public the guy is a rapist. Stigmatism.
    I think a good representation of that is the outcome of cases where teachers have sex with their students. Look at the sentences of men compared the sentences of women.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    From wikipedia:

"The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender,[149] states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish and Hook View Post
    The best thing about this thread is not the delusional men thinking they lost all their rights, its the delusional women that deny there isn't some bias for women on some issues.
    Oh, there certainly is. Especially on child custody cases. That crap that the mother is somehow more fit than the father purely because she;s a mom needs to go.

Is there legal bias against men in legal systems? Yes, mostly in regards to crime and child related situations.

Is it enough to justify hating women? No, they have their own problems too.

And sorry, but no words can describe just how ridiculous it is to claim that there are more male rape victims than female rape victims. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    There's like lots of links. Which one of them gives support for those numbers?

edit: Am I supposed to take this serious?

"Men Outnumber Women Among American Rape Victims" among the links. Nope, just nope.
    Prison, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Because it's all in the OP's link.......
    No, the OP link's to a YouTube video which has, in the description, a collection of links with no information used to guide a search through the reference material. One of those links goes to a blog post that cites Eugene Kanin's bogus study on false rape allegations done in the early 1990s. If that's all there is for the 40% figure (and, AFAIK, that's the highest number anyone has ever used), then that simply isn't enough.

Who the hell said this is about justifying hatred toward women? This is about addressing the bias, spreading awareness of it, and challenging it so that justice can be properly served! God I hate it when people try to twist this into some polarized argument about hating women. This has nothing to do with hating women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Prison regarding RAPE. Didnt you read? Prison regards ALL sexual conduct, if caught, as rape. it doesnt mATTER if its consentual or not. That, therefore, throw the rape statictic off because rape is normally non consentual sex.
    You act as if it throws off the statistic substantially.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Prison, honey.
    Not even with prison where any kind of such contact if caught is regarded as rape, even if consensual, will tip the numbers over in favor of men. There's a huge gap between the amount of women raped compared to men, even with prison rapes being counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You act as if it throws off the statistic substantially.
    If consensual sex is regarded as rape, then, yeah, it'll throw the statistics off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    From wikipedia:

"The U.S Bureau of Justice Statistics, which defines rape as penetration by the offender,[149] states that 91% of rape victims are female and 9% are male, and 99% of rapists are male."
    That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Not even with prison where any kind of such contact if caught is regarded as rape, even if consensual, will tip the numbers over in favor of men. There's a huge gap even with prison rapes being counted.
    Please, show me your source where it says that prisons count consensual sex as rape. Show me that source. Oh, that's right, it doesn't exist, because its some BS you found off a tumblr link.

Furthermore, these studies are INDEPENDENT as I mentioned earlier and were NOT PROVIDED by prisons.

Not even with prison where any kind of such contact if caught is regarded as rape, even if consensual, will tip the numbers over in favor of men. There's a huge gap between the amount of women raped compared to men, even with prison rapes being counted.
    Give me numbers and I'll believe you.

How many men are in prisons? Do you know that? Nope.

Not even with prison where any kind of such contact if caught is regarded as rape, even if consensual, will tip the numbers over in favor of men.
    Do you have proof of this, are is this your typical BS you spew as facts?

I usually disagree with everything her and the other feminist bosses say, but I have to say I agree on this one. Claiming male victims would even rival female victims is just laughable.

Deleted
    Public awareness of the phenomenon of prison rape is a relatively recent development and estimates to its prevalence have varied widely for decades. In 1974 Carl Weiss and David James Friar wrote that 46 million Americans would one day be incarcerated; of that number, they claimed, 10 million would be raped.[1]
    A United States Department of Justice report, Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, states that "In 2011-12, an estimated 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12 months." [2] However, advocates dispute the accuracy of the numbers, saying they seem to under report the real numbers of sexual assaults in prison, especially among juveniles.[3]

A 1992 estimate from the Federal Bureau of Prisons conjectured that between 9 and 20 percent of inmates had been sexually assaulted.[1] Studies in 1982 and 1996 both concluded that the rate was somewhere between 12 and 14 percent. A 1986 study by Daniel Lockwood put the number at around 23 percent[1] for maximum security prisons in New York. In contrast, Christine Saum's 1994 survey of 101 inmates showed 5 had been sexually assaulted.[1]
    Prison rape cases have drastically risen in recent years, mostly attributed to an increase in counseling and reports.[10] The threat of AIDS, which affects many of those raped in prison, has also resulted in the increase of reported cases for the benefit of medical assistance.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_..._United_States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape

This is what i'm reading...

Deleted
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/210346.pdf

It won't get anywhere close.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2013-11-14 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How many men are in prisons? Do you know that? Nope.
    0.929% of the U.S. population. So ~2.79 million.

That's a lot of raping.