696. This poll is closed
  • FU BLIZZ FUFUFUFU!!! *rage*

254 36.49%
  • Cool! *pulls out wallet* Two please.

442 63.51%

Thread: Buying lvl 90's

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Seeing with RAF we pretty much buy them already i wouldnt mind this happening saves me money actually

Considering it would be cheaper to buy lv 90 then to level a char from 1-90, I fully support selling lv 90 chars.

I'm already heavily against the idea of a free 90 with the expansion, but if they start selling them that's my last straw.

IMO Characters are something YOU put work into. You put your own time and effort in it to feel good especially when you reach those last levels. Putting in a green card for people with money to take a shortcut through 85% of the game sounds like a really cheap idea to me.

"Well I've leveled 11 classes to 90, shouldn't I get a break?" Good for you, but honestly if you're too lazy to put in the effort, or just can't then I don't think you should deserve it.
    dicks

Kneepel your kinda missing the point each expansion is like a new game and if you've never played why mess with the classic stuff that honestly sucks they just want there players to see the shiny new stuff,it's gonna happen and if you wanna quit because of it so be it

Leveling isn't hard. But with that said I'll take two! Just to have a couple monks since for some reason that class makes me want to /wrists while leveling. Everything else has been a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Because when Warlords of Draenor is released, being able to go straight to level 90 means you win the game ...
    Didnt you know? level 90 is the max level..
    wait..
    wait a minute
    its not
    Crap.

leveling sucks... only shitty thing is that i leveled every class to 85-90 already on one server and definitely not because leveling is fun, because sometimes classes don't get the love they deserve so its nice to be able to move onto something else. i think there needs to be a limit on this if it is implemented at least.

I don't really care about that. People are concerned about some new people with 90's going to dungeons and screwing things over, since the game doesn't have a kick player option, right? Oh wait...

The only problem with in-game stores that I'm really concerned is selling equipment, like, a gear that is 10x better than the piece of a heroic raid. I really hope Blizzard doesn't put this as something you could just buy anytime, but I'm not that concerned about it, but I'm cool with the ideia of getting one free 90 with the expansion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard sucks at realism. It's natural.
    Please share your real time travel with the rest of us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else remember when that point when they are lvl'ing and you hit around 57 or so and all your /lfd groups turn into a bunch of dk's and NONE of them really know what they are doing?(ok a very small % do).......

I dont really that we need that at lvl 90 when people who actually lvl'd their chars are starting to work on alts when they've hit 100 on their mains. This would really mess up the 90-95 /lfd experience

and as to the "kick option" the person above me is talking about...that thing has a retarded cd. If you have 2-3 people that dont know how to play their char its going to ruin everything and this could become a common thing.
    Last edited by slipn; 2013-11-14 at 04:38 AM.

It depends on how much tbh. I would honestly rather buy XP potions as I like some portions of the leveling up process, and I find learning my class to be fun too. However, 60-70 I have done SOOOOO many times I want to skip over that ASAP. I farmed Krol for months to get the xp pots needed to make that about an hour long process on a more current alt.

I could see gold sellers taking advantage of it so they could have a profession mule. The thing it would hurt is having people at 100 entered LFD/LFR and having zero clue how to play their class.

Ok I thought of a legit reason I would pay for this: if 90 twinks become the cats arse in the next xpac and all my chars at at 100 at the time and I want to do something different, then ya, I'd maybe pay for a fresh 90. (Although I have 3 accts that will get this xpac, so that is 3 90s already added to my 8 current 90s...I don't need so many chars...)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    Kneepel your kinda missing the point each expansion is like a new game and if you've never played why mess with the classic stuff that honestly sucks they just want there players to see the shiny new stuff,it's gonna happen and if you wanna quit because of it so be it

Every expansion being "like a new game" is still irrelevant to players actually working to progress. I just don't agree with their new "helicopter ride up 3/4ths of the mountain" philosophy. Anyways I thought the point was you continuously grow and progress until you're up to the current point, until you kind of mature I guess?

Think of it like this, you aren't born 17 years old right? The point of growing up is to learn from your experiences, not get a 20 minute demonstration on what you're supposed to do. I wouldn't trust a 17 year old with an infant mentality to do any adult jobs.
    Last edited by Kneepel; 2013-11-14 at 05:09 AM.
    dicks

Eh, is fair enough I guess.
    would rather have them fix lvling altogether but hey..
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    I'm already heavily against the idea of a free 90 with the expansion, but if they start selling them that's my last straw.

IMO Characters are something YOU put work into. You put your own time and effort in it to feel good especially when you reach those last levels. Putting in a green card for people with money to take a shortcut through 85% of the game sounds like a really cheap idea to me.

"Well I've leveled 11 classes to 90, shouldn't I get a break?" Good for you, but honestly if you're too lazy to put in the effort, or just can't then I don't think you should deserve it.
    If you want to keep leveling alts for hours, good for you. However, as someone who is tired of the experience, I will gladly buy a 90 or two. It's about choice and options here. You have the option to buy the 90 or the option to stick with leveling up to 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just saving you on time. Getting top quality gear from PvE/PvP is not a matter of hours spent. I mean, if you want to reduce it to it's simplest idea sure. But then getting a spot in the Olympics is only a matter of time too (no, I'm not making comparisons between WoW players and Olympic level athletes).

This is literally an AMAZING business idea, and its about time, look, you want your friend to play, or he/she always sees that game your own but never tried it, or your friend quit back in TBC and is still level 70, now they can buy the game and get straight into the action, this will give the subs a real boost.

Plus we get a free level 90 alt, or get to reroll, nothing bad about that at all.

I recently levelled three alts to 90 (Cata is the worst levelling experience in the history of WoW holy shit) and you learn almost NOTHING about your class whilst levelling, you learn nothing of pvp, you learn nothing of raids, you learn 10% of the one spec you level in, having instant 90 will make zero difference to skill, examples being:

Warlock levelling (Demo); Corruption, Shadow Bolt spam, then when you get a full bar you click another button which gives you new skills, but guess what they are just new versions of corruption and shadow bolt, beside using hand of gul'dan for AoE, that's all you really know about your class, most people never leave the voidwalker either.

Hunter (BM): Serp Sting - Arcane shot - Steady shot for focus - Again this is pretty much all you use whilst levelling, theres no need for traps, etc.

The point is, you don't know more than half your class truely whilst levelling, you really begin to learn at max level, thus having instant whatever level, isn't going to bring this huge wave of people herp derping more than the is right now, look at LFR, it can't get worse for some people.

Plus, sure you can technically get 11 instant 90's if you like, but your going to spend £40 on the xpansion plus £5 on battle chest plus whatever £ for mists, then another £25 (£15?) for a battle net transfer if you want all your mounts and titles and such, armies of people aren't going to be doing this, it's far to expensive.

Personally, I look forward to having that mage or priest I never levelled and always wanted, this game might just get an extra healer because of this move.

U GIEF 90 NAO BLIZZ. /10char

Seriously though, yeah. I'm as hep to level an alt as anyone but god help me if I ever have to see some of those zones again. There is no degree of accelerated leveling that makes up for some of it.

paying for lvl 90s is borderline pay to win

I wouldn't use the option to do so. I feel like I'm robbing myself for the experience of getting to know the class while I level :/

Lets be honest the hitting max level is not the finish line, especially at the start of an expac. It's hitting the first leg of the expacs "adventure".
    While I agree instant <insert level here> is harmful to new players in the fact that they really have no clue on how to play it's a great tool for someone who is vaguely competant.But lets be honest, the odds are most of the people you don't want getting to max level quickly you're only going to see them in tourist mode. It's not like they're likely to get into a mythic raiding guild

I currently am thinking of returning for WoD and I'm unsure what I would do on return. Would I
    A) start from scratch leveling 1-90 near the end of mists.
    b) Return at the beginning of WoD.

Both options have their perks but would it be a bad thing for someone like me a former raider from BC who could at the end of firelands achieve decent parses,raid lead well,tank and heal when required be instantly caught up with the rest of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Love it, as much as i love most of the zones in wow I just can't bring myself to do the leveling process.
    agreed, really depends on the price though.