Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    You don't halt your rotation, slice is a fundamental part of S and C. How you weave it in is the mark of a good tactical call. Lesser rogues do it wrong more often than right. I like skill based distinctions on ST rotations.
    I would not dispute that there is some skill involved in managing slice and dice. I would dispute that it's a good ability, though. Upping someone's passive damage over time really isn't especially interesting.

It's a bit like the argument that Killing Spree is good because it takes judgement to know how to use it so it won't kill you. That's true, and tactical, but also extremely bad design.

Surely they can make tactical decisions that are actually tied into abilities that are fun to use.

I'm a lot happier with rogues "passive damage" than most rogues so I like S&D being baked in and don't want it removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystinn View Post
    So basically one less button for rogues to push. I guess they really want the class to be the definition of <phrenology reference removed>, sit on a target and spam the same button.
    This. Come on Blizzard, stop assuming all your rogue players just discovered the class ...
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-11-11 at 11:13 PM.

It's assassination only, so lol @ people saying dumbing the game down

Slice and Dice is pretty much Passive for Assassination anyway.

Nothing new to see here

Deleted
    it should be passive for all specs

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I wonder what this will mean for subtlety and energy regeneration; back to being tied to recuperate maybe?
    It's passive for assassination. For all we know for sub rogues, it hasnt changed at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gooby View Post
    where can i see the changes done to rogue in wod?
    No where currently. However, one of the screenshots (you can find it with all the other goodness MMO champ put up last week) that one of the upgraded core abilities (at least for rogue) was passive SnD for Mut rogues. Then there was an example for Shadow priests and i think holy priests. Not all information is released for all characters yet. They were just giving a few examples.

Edit: Heres an example they gave. http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWoWRAD030.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You do realize that is makes you less valuable as a pure dps? My feral can now switch to heal /tank for the raid while you still can only do your dd role.

Also op seems to ignore that assa slice&dice is already essentially passive as it refreshes fully with envenom so not a big change.
    True. However, while it's not a huge change, its something else we can spend our combo points on and get a kill quicker (if pvp) or doing that much more dmg (pve & pvp)
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    For those concerned about the removal of SnD / usefulness for Sub and Combat: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...43581600677888
    Seems like it's not going anywhere just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    For those concerned about the removal of SnD / usefulness for Sub and Combat: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...43581600677888
    Seems like it's not going anywhere just yet.
    If all they do is make snd passive for the spec its already basically passive for that will be sad. Doing that won't really change anything on how the specs "manage" snd.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    If all they do is make snd passive for the spec its already basically passive for that will be sad. Doing that won't really change anything on how the specs "manage" snd.
    That wasn't the intention, obviously. S+D is an annoyance for Mutilate, and stupid. For combat and sub, it's an integral part of the rotation, and refreshing it in the weaker parts of your rotation is better than the stronger parts, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    That wasn't the intention
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We just want to distinguish rotations a bit more by not having all rogues have to manage it.
    That looks like the intention to me, Making it passive for a spec that its already basically passive for doesn't change much of anything. Now they don't have to put it up at the start of the fight wow game changing.

The goal they had said before was to make the specs feel different they are going to have to make real changes to make that happen not this. I hope they do some real things but given their past with beta rogues I doubt much will happen. I hope I'm wrong.

[QUOTE=wow;23626675]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We just want to distinguish rotations a bit more by not having all rogues have to manage it.
    That looks like the intention to me, Making it passive for a spec that its already basically passive for doesn't change much of anything.
    No, it means that assassination doesn't have to manage it any more. They don't have to waste combo points and a global opening in pvp, they don't have to press envenom during multidot to ensure slice doesn't fall, or press it just before a thing phases out so it doesn't go away. That's not managing it.

The goal they had said before was to make the specs feel different they are going to have to make real changes to make that happen not this. I hope they do some real things but given their past with beta rogues I doubt much will happen. I hope I'm wrong.
    I actually anticipate some rogue changes to make the specs feel more different.