Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Right, like how swtor is healthier than WoW, as evidenced by the overwhelming number of subscri... oh wait swtor failed and had to go ftp
    And out of all the reasons why you think swtor failed you had to pick no flying? right.......

back to the main gist of the topic.

Won't make a difference to the community. Everyone will run with guildies for everything till its time to level alts.Same as in BC to current.

"World dangerous" has nothing to do with flying everything to do with winning character selection screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeTwelve View Post
    Just putting the question out there.

When WoD comes out with flying restricted until 6.1 and a tight-knit server community DOESN'T spontaneously form, when nobody talks, when nobody really gives a shit, when it's still just a bunch of people collecting bear asses in silence or else idling at the bank waiting for queues to pop, will you admit that you were wrong?

Will you admit that restricting flying didn't really accomplish a damned thing?
    Are you mad? No flying will bring wpvp back at least until 6.1

uhm what?
    I think you are mixing up the conversations about why lfr is destryoing server communities, so we need more premade content and the flying one.
    The flying one is to make you feel the danger of the world, make you see stuff from an optimal preplaned perspective and make exploring as a way to expirience the game possible.
    And those things will happen. Now how much you can appreciate those things is a diffrent question. Another one is, how much you will miss the convinience of flying. But those are player specific and will change based on your preferences.
    (For me it will be fun while leveleing and maybe fun, if they add quick and easy to use flightpathes and good outdoor content, that justifies the lack of conviniece. I will also enjoy that WOW! moment once flying is there.)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    I've never found leveling or questing very interesting tbh
    I just want to get to 100 ASAP and start running heroics and raids, that's what i like.

Deleted
    There's nothing to admit, actually I don't even have high hopes for any community changes, unless they put in more outdoor group content (dynamic events with elite mobs or something like that). Flying should be restricted for end game. Like in most Final Fantasy games you get unrestricted flying by the end of the game which unlocks a lot of hard content and lets you continue the main storyline. Same goes to WoW, you should only get unlimited freedom once you experienced the content in its intended form. Only problem is that endgame always gets pushed farther and farther in WoW. So flying has to be taken away time to time, it's the curse of having multiple expansions for a game.
    But aside from unlocking yet unreachable places the only thing flying accomplishes is letting you finish stuff faster. And if you only wish to breeze thru content as fast as possible (because you loath and hate said content) to feel... accomplished, well then yes, you will be screwed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    another dude with even more common sense:we dont have any warlocks
    group disband
    ???
    It's veeery hard to get 2 people to a summoning stone.
    Besides that LFD/LFR will still put you into the instance, won't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    please summon me i dont have flight path
    please summon me im to lazy to walk
    please summon me
    summon
    random dude with common sense: warlocks arent here yet
    please summon
    another dude with even more common sense:we dont have any warlocks
    group disband

healthy game ... ye right
    this LMAO
    Evertime i am at Ordos or for that matter any other worldboss asap someone joins the raid they shout "plix gief summon" and they never even care to check the raidframes if there even is a lock in the group and if there is they dont even check where he is.
    sometimes i wonder man... ppl are just plain lazy or plain stoopid and in many case both.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll blame something else, like not requiring you to carry multiple sets of armor for different specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    It won't happen, but I tell you what, no flying makes for a healthier game.
    Because....?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Are you mad? No flying will bring wpvp back at least until 6.1
    I seriously doubt that.... even on PVP servers it won't make much difference. And on PVE servers? Not even a scratch....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Because....?

I seriously doubt that.... even on PVP servers it won't make much difference. And on PVE servers? Not even a scratch....
    Because, you don't fly over everything, to avoid confrontations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you have nothing to add to the conversation don't bother to respond. It's not going to be hard for me at all as my options are to queue up for stuff I want to do in a city or go play another game for two months because I sure as hell am not going to play along with the grounding. It all counts on what other games are out at that time and how good they actually are.
    Its strange that someone who plays world of warcraft hates having to interact with the world of warcraft so much.

I really cannot understand why all this fuzz. Apart from (the worst xpac) Cataclysm, we always had to complete our journey to level cap, earth bound. What does this suddenly matter? It feels like there are people with nothing to do than whine. Man...
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruktio View Post
    What would be the point to create and develop new questing areas when people don't care about how they look/feel/work?
    Whats the point of - after you got a permission to drive a car - to say to you "boy you can drive now but every summer you have to get a new permission to do so and pay again ofc"?....
    its fucking lazy greediness to make LESS content to look more.... sorry but if they take the concet of IoS and TI and make the two islands into one continent with more gating than even tbc had then this WILL be the xpac with the most subs drops ever....

and btw whats the point of having to do the same content on your alt again by feet?
    I admit on my main im fine with it I read all the qtext but i do that ONCE NOT 11 times.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna try to be objective here, even tough I think this matter is very subjective. I didn't like the removal of the flying but I understand why they did it.

WoW is a MMORPG, u play in groups in order to bring sense to all of the experience, of course, but u don't really care about other ppl's characters. U care about yours (and maybe about closest friends', wich I have like 5-10, not 7.6 million). It's like real life, it's simply impossible to care about everyone and always think about everyone's interests. U care about the ppl u love and u're close to.

From the designer's point of view, I see they need to think about how the interactions go to make sure most ppl are in the same "ground", pun intended, and that's hard to achieve if some have more acess to something than others. It makes sense when they postpone the skill to fly if u think about THEIR role as designers, when they have to worry about the economy and other stuff in a global manner.

That said, from an individual point of view, I feel a little sabotaged, yes. I put a huge effort in leveling and making my (!) characters better, maxxing professions and collecting reagents and I paid heavy gold in order to have my main and his 10 minions to have advantages over other ppl (yes, in the end that's what we all do, but I believe this is a harsh thing to say and considered not nice when it's out there). I didn't like my advantage being taken away, because it affects MY economy, my skills, my time, etc.

I don't find fun engaging in combat with every little mob they put in our way just to get to a herb (when I'm not level capped it's fine, but not when I have more important things to be done), I don't like when a friend in the guild announces there's a special event/mob happening somewhere else and I just know that I won't be able to make it in time because the path is arbitrary and/or sturdy. The feeling of being in the wrong place in the wrong time constantly and "there's little u can do about it" bugs me and for me it diminishes the bond I make with the game itself.

I also don't understand this "wow is about combat" feeling... this is old for me. Are they gonna make mobs that hit 95% of your hp to make them dangerous enough, in order to make u stay "sharp and with a sense of danger all the time"? No... it'll probably be some scorpions/boars that have one skill potentially dangerous, but u'll get used to it after the second time u engange them and they're only gonna take your time away when u need to collect something that's near them, with the risk of someone else stealing it from u while u're hitting them.

Or another thought... maybe it'll be like Timeless Isle where sometimes u were engaged with a Berserker Bull and suddenly a Kilnmaster that killed another player behind u and u had nothing to do with charges u, out of nowhere, and 1-hits u. Oooh, dangerous world, fun, heh? They might aswell put some anvils/pianos falling in ours heads randomly to make the world even more wild.

WoW is about a lot of things. Other then sometimes blind luck, most of them it's about putting effort into something for the chance of being rewarded, and I disagree that this is always achieved through combat, therefore I don't think forcing u into combat all the time is smart. I'm not freaking out about it and I know it's temporary and I'm willing to go through it... but while it lasts, I think it's gonna be boring and frustrating, not exciting as many claim. I think even those ppl will get annoyed at some point but won't admit it.

Also, when u're farming for gold is one thing, but when u have to get things done quickly it'll be a pain in the ass. U have a raid in 2 hours? U're forced to log in and do some serious grinding if u wanna those flasks done... That's not fun for me, when my efforts have to be doubled. I'd have effort anyway, maxxing the profession, gathering ingredients, obtaining reputations and recipes... it's not that easy to collect things even with the flying going on because making things it's not limited to a bot-like job.

And what about the spawn rates of nodes/herbs/everything else? Imagine u took a long time to go to a place... and there's like 30 ppl doing the same as u there. It'll be impossible to get things done, because populational concentration is good for the designers, not really for the players. I don't like empty areas, but crowded ones get annoying really fast too.

Well, that's my thoughts about this issue. Had to edit a few times because english is not my mother language.
    Last edited by mekatron; 2013-11-15 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    I really cannot understand why all this fuzz. Apart from (the worst xpac) Cataclysm, we always had to complete our journey to level cap, earth bound. What does this suddenly matter? It feels like there are people with nothing to do than whine. Man...
    The reason people are complaining is that it's getting worse. Wrath you had a main with flying at max level 70 then you could buy tomes for alts to start flying at 60.
    Cata was flying from the start, which was quite a convenience for many). In MoP you HAD to go through the leveling process all the way to 90 on each toon. No more tomes.
    And now it gets even 'worse' because hitting max level is not gonna be enough, you still have to wait at least a month or two before you can fly (after doing a quest chain even).

10+ Year Old Account
    Not looking forward to being a warlock, the "summon plox" spam will be awful. I know from experience...

I saw a slight mention of flight paths being better in WoD though, so that's hopefully going to help.

I'm fine with not having flight available right away, for my main.
    But I do not want to go through the same quest chain on my alts, it is just tedious and unnecessary

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice way of "asking" a "question", aka forcing your opinion as fact.

I can do that too:
    When WoD launched, and you see many people out there on your travels, you form more groups to counter elites blocking your paths, you spend time exploring and finding routes, when you can't just go derp-mode fly to objective and gtfo asap, when the game actually will feel more immersive... Will you admit you are completely wrong, along with your brethren, who obviously are completely wrong?

I give you 2 choices:
    - Yes
    - No I'm too ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Nice way of "asking" a "question", aka forcing your opinion as fact.

I can do that too:
    When WoD launched, and you see many people out there on your travels, you form more groups to counter elites blocking your paths, you spend time exploring and finding routes, when you can't just go derp-mode fly to objective and gtfo asap, when the game actually will feel more immersive... Will you admit you are completely wrong, along with your brethren, who obviously are completely wrong?

I give you 2 choices:
    - Yes
    - No I'm too ignorant
    Does that happen on Timeless Isle? Certainly doesn't on my server. You want to see what WoD is going to be like, go spend a couple of hours on TI, if you aren't suicidal by that point fair play to you

Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    Does that happen on Timeless Isle? Certainly doesn't on my server. You want to see what WoD is going to be like, go spend a couple of hours on TI, if you aren't suicidal by that point fair play to you
    Seeing other characters in the world and people talking in /1? How horrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game