Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

10 Garosh Normal - At a loss...logs inside

So we have been plugging away for 3 weeks now on this boss and we just can't seem to get things to click and get into p3. We get him to about 20% of P2 and then it just implodes!

Raid setup

Prot War
    Prot Pallie

Holy pallie
    Disc priest

Kitty Druid
    Fire Mage
    Elemental Shaman
    Shadow Priest (just added to roster as one member quit the game)
    Destro lock
    BM hunter

So what we do / issues
    P1 : P1 is fine we get him to transition with only 2 farseers spawning and all adds dead before transition

Transition : were having some issues with lag an or people not getting the buff. At times it's like the damn buff bubble pops in the walls and we don't get one ...pretty frustrating but nothing we should not be able to handle.

P2 We have the tanks stay close to middle and everyone run to the back side where the Iron star comes out. Once desecrate pops the ranged all go the edge of it but do not dmg / kill axe we just leave it and get ready for MC. Clear MC and get ready for whirl (we were having issues with us tanks derping and getting out of range but was fixed in the later pulls). Up until here everything is fine

Transition 2 we go through and everything is fine normally drop down and he's at about 40% and we do the same as above and start on teh oposite side as that side is filled with the axes we did nto kill.This is where all hell breaks loose!
    When empowered whirl happens we get any number or combination of:
    -All adds go to pallie tank even though RF is being taken off as we land from transition and this is causing most of our problems as once they touch consecrate well GG no one can get them off him.
    -Multiple people get hit by the aoe splash dmg and we loose one or 2 >.<
    -Seems like a lot of us are low health a this point as the disc priest and holy pallie are running and we are spread out so seems like just a huge cluster fuck of low HPS at the moment were taking High raid dmg.

Really not sure how to get past this...were just stuck here and bashing our heads on it and throwing our heads at the wall to make it fall is just not working so was hoping some of you could find the little things that normally = a kill once you connect.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c4ex8xc5iuvcqupd/

Thanks in advance to any that can provide any help!

10+ Year Old Account
    All adds go to pallie tank even though RF is being taken off as we land from transition and this is causing most of our problems as once they touch consecrate well GG no one can get them off him.
    We tank it with guardian/paladin, and as we come down the adds are nicely spread all accross. Sure, few might land on the tanks, but we just usually split them up - paladin takes on and guardian has boss+add or paladin has both of the small things.
    But it never has been a problem that people cannot get adds of from our pally... And if that happens, that your tank has adds - boss tank takes 1, hunter takes one, druid takes one, holy pala takes one, as they all have taunts. If your paladin doesn't hit them it is fine. If the adds are a true problem... Why does he have to concecrate? Why not wait with it a bit?

-Seems like a lot of us are low health a this point as the disc priest and holy pallie are running and we are spread out so seems like just a huge cluster fuck of low HPS at the moment were taking High raid dmg.
    Move as a stack if you have to. Make sure that you do not move at all, when the whirl is coming. Have your kitty run to ranged/healer stack bit before the whirl, so he/she can be part of the AoE heals as well.

Secondly you have loads of CDs to help your healer out. Banner from prot warri, devo from prot pala and from holy pala, tranq. from feral (he/she can take HotW for extra healing), shaman with totems and healing CDs.
    Rotate your CDs for the whirls and you should have healing covered.

As for positioning, during p1 and p2 we have 2 marker between which ranged/healers move, weapon on one marker - move to other - kill weapon - weapon on second marker - move back - kill weapon etc. Boss is near the throne and is not moved during those phases.

We use the ignore weapons methos and move alongside the wall and boss dragged in middle for last phase. Where also guardian solos the boss and pala kites the adds around.

Deleted
    Haven't looked at logs but it just sounds like you're not handling the empowered whirls correctly.

People getting hit by the splash - Don't, not much more to say, it's incredibly telegraphed by the boss, hard to excuse getting hit by this
    Tank getting all the aggro - have people solo nuke the add that spawns on themsleves, you can also slow/stun them to stop them all running off, having said that it's not the end of the world if the tank gets two or three.
    Low health - use some raids cd's, it's the only time you really need too, you have devotion aura, warrior shout, Vampiric embrace, Asecndance among others.

Deleted
    We killed it last week.

We are 3 healing it and we kill all weapons in P2 but we still manage to get him lower than you before the second transition. We got him around 35% if I remember correctly. So maybe your dps can do a little more to make the fight easier.

With two heal you should be able to have only one set of adds before p3.

Until your healers outgear the fight anyone getting hit by the empowered whirl puddles is probably going to die (shows up as empowered whirling corruption damage) which is probably going to cascade into a wipe. Spread out intelligently, when the puddles start coming focus on dodging, using personal/healing cd's and picking up the add from your puddle instead of boss dps. Kill the adds separately. Generally about 6-8 seconds after the adds spawn you need to start thinking about grouping up for MC's. With good dps you should only have to do it two, maybe three times.

Over the course of 20 attempts your disc priest used Spirit Shell 15 times. Learn to cooldown.
    Your shadowpriest is very low dps.

You need to fix these two things especially.

Before the 2nd transition phase we treat P2 as P1, we do the 2 marker switching and kill the weapons.When whirling corruption becomes corrupted, we spread and by spreading I don't mean spreading 5 yards, we try to move 15 yard(ish) from eachother,so that when the adds spawn they would not run on one person(impossible to outaggro the healers) and when adds spawn everyone takes one and kills it. When adds down, group up wait for axe, move to ONE side, so that when MC comes everyone could interupt, kill the axe and contiune DPSing the boss. Then pretty much repeat that till boss dies(ofcourse we don't kill the adds and weapons in p3). And I usually pop my dps cooldowns in the intermission phase. Uninterrupted 20 seconds of pure dps?-Yes please

Deleted
    You feral druid is bad. Tell him to read a guide and get some addons to track buff/debuffs.
    His uptimes are extremely shit, he is not clipping dots, he's using incorrect talents and he uses cooldowns a grand total of once every fight.

Ah and your shadow priest does even less dps that that.

With players like that you'll continue to be seriously blocked by every boss from now on.

About the tactics part there is really nothing new we can tell you, that hasn't been explained in one of the many Garrosh normal threads yet. Why are so many adds getting hit by the pallies concecration anyways? People should be spread.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-11-15 at 07:44 AM.

Hey Bobby, glad to see you guys were slamming your head into the wall just like us!

I can't post a log, but message me in game or on facebook and I'll link you to our first kill if you like.

I'm the paladin tank for our raid (Lamplight, Talyn is Bialar, and Dahky is Simsim the OT), and I tank Garrosh during phase 1 while Simsim picks up the adds with keg smash. You guys seem to have phase 1 down, so not worth talking about.

Phase 2, we had a bunch of problems at first with the second half, similar to you. As soon as the adds came out, 4 or 5 would run right at me and either gib me or Simsim when he picked them up. I've managed to keep myself cleaner recently by doing the following:

Turning off Seal of Insight during the second half of phase 2. Vengeance makes the healing absurd, and that threat is huge.
    Only casting crusader strike, judgement, and avenger's shield during the second half of phase 2. These are the primary tank damage abilities anyway. Not having consecrate down or holy wrath going out is a decrease, but not a crippling one.
    Using the Sacred Shield talent instead of Eternal Flame. HoTs up will cause healing agro on the adds.
    I do not turn off Righteous Fury.

We tend to do some dancing at this point, with the OT, ret paladin, hunter and druids taunting adds off me if necessary, but we've gotten it down pretty smooth.

It does look like your DPS is a little low, but I think we're in better gear than you guys so that might be the gap.

As for catching the orbs....it just takes practice. Make sure the group is identifying which mobs have the orbs BEFORE they die so people are ready, and make sure you're using the proper techniques for each zone (run through to the end and AoE everything at once in ToES, 5 left and 5 right in temple of red crane, group by group in Jade Serpent).

And good luck! You guys'll get it eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You feral druid is absolutely shit. Tell him to read a guide and get some addons to track buff/debuffs.
    His uptimes are extremely shit, he is not clipping dots, he's using incorrect talents and he uses cooldowns a grand total of once every fight.

Ah and your shadow priest does even less dps that that.

With players like that you'll continue to be seriously blocked by every boss from now on.

About the tactics part there is really nothing new we can tell you, that hasn't been explained in one of the many Garrosh normal threads yet. Why are so many adds getting hit by the pallies concecration anyways? People should be spread.
    You sound like such an ass dps isn't the reason they haven't killed it yet so well done on providing nothing but a shitty attitude.

OP: Why is your paladin using consecrate at the add phase? I've never played pala past level 85 but isnt that an ability for aoe threat? Surely he can hold aggro on the boss without using it at least for that phase? Also there's an ability paladins have that reduces threat (i believe it's hand of protection but could be wrong) surely he could tank switch with your drood and HoP himself (or ur holy pala can do it) just while the adds are picked up (our holy pala has to do this to me on hc shamans due to trololol chaos bolts)

Hope this helps (even if it's kinda vague)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    You sound like such an ass dps isn't the reason they haven't killed it yet so well done on providing nothing but a shitty attitude.

OP: Why is your paladin using consecrate at the add phase? I've never played pala past level 85 but isnt that an ability for aoe threat? Surely he can hold aggro on the boss without using it at least for that phase? Also there's an ability paladins have that reduces threat (i believe it's hand of protection but could be wrong) surely he could tank switch with your drood and HoP himself (or ur holy pala can do it) just while the adds are picked up (our holy pala has to do this to me on hc shamans due to trololol chaos bolts)

Hope this helps (even if it's kinda vague)
    Reading my paragraph again, it was indeed a bit unnecessary. However dps is indeed an issue which needs to be fixed, as it'll make all fights a lot harder. If you'd read past my "shitty attitude", you would notice that I actually did provide some proper info.

On the topic of the pally once more: Concecration is one of their single target abilities, but if really needed, he could stop using it for the whirling corruptions. I just don't understand why "too many" adds are even being hit by it. Hint: They shouldn't.

set up a healing cooldown rotation for the whirls once they get empowered

well I mean, play overall isn't great and has a lot of bad shit going on as stated aboce for specific players, but oh well, that's to be expected in most guilds

for my raid we had a better set up for the fight if was

every 2:
    1. spirit shell
    2. nature's vigil

every 4:
    1: devo aura 1:+ele shammy healing tide totem and ancestral guidance
    2: tranq
    3: devo aura + zen med/avert harm
    4: demo banner and rallying cry

that's just to give an idea, you guys may have more issues due to different classes, but you shadow priest should be using halo on each whirl, and your disc priest can get good output on any choice in this fight (your disc priest may need some halo positioning work to maximize its output)

for you:
    every 2:
    but you guys could still spirit shell every other and pop your holy paladin's personal output cds on other on the ones where spirit shell isn't up for each 2 (divine illumination, GoAK, divine favor)

my raid jut tends to use power word: barrier in the intermission phases just because it's overall not good for this fight

other than that you have for every 4 (work out a rotation or all for cooldowns and ask for them as you want them):
    2 devo auras 3min cd
    1 tranq 8min cd (can get a 2nd, but I'm not feral and don't know if it's even a good idea to symbiosis your shadow priest here) (this should probably be saved for when something inevitably goes wrong and you realize you don't have any cooldowns up)
    1 vampiric embrace (3min cd)
    1 healing tide totem (3min cd)
    1 ancestral guidance (2 min cd)
    1 demo banner (3min cd)
    1 rallying cry (3min cd)

also, you it'll probably be a wipe if you let P3 go on too long, just due to space issues and mind control management

side notes:
    -your priest should probably drop the nazgrim trinket while disc, the only trinkets that really work for them viably right now are the ones off blackfuse and Sha of Pride, and if not those, just the timeless isle one and/or Horridon's last gasp
    -he also should get more into using spirit shell, that shit is amazing
    -make sure you're stacking in the transition phase or at least generally close to garrosh (in melee range), because even if you get no buffs it should not be an issue to heal through
    -imo, it's no problem if they go for your tank at first as long as he doesn't hit them or do much to get threat on them (better than 5 of them hitting a healer), fewer of your dps have taunts than most groups (the non tanking tank can taunt 1 away at a time), but you still have distracting shot, and I don't think consecrate is really something he should hit right then
    -kill the desecrated weapons during early p2 (even if you just have people leave dots on them, they'll go down) if you're having an issue with space and movement in empowered whirls, they can be more limiting than they seem at first if your healers are having trouble w/ whirls, but to be honest, your healers should have no issues here if you can kill thok
    -I don't know too much about holy paladins, but due to the nature of this fight requiring the most biggest healing parts as healing while moving, you may want your holy paladin to change level 90 talents from light's hammer to holy prism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Reading my paragraph again, it was indeed a bit unnecessary. However dps is indeed an issue which needs to be fixed, as it'll make all fights a lot harder. If you'd read past my "shitty attitude", you would notice that I actually did provide some proper info.

On the topic of the pally once more: Concecration is one of their single target abilities, but if really needed, he could stop using it for the whirling corruptions. I just don't understand why "too many" adds are even being hit by it. Hint: They shouldn't.
    Dps will make the fight EASIER but it isn't the inherent reason for their failure to kill it yet. Indeed more dps would allow them to push past certain phases etc but the only time when dps is REALLY important is the very last burn phase (and arguably transitions)

It's difficult to read past a shitty attitude. I think sometimes HC raiders forget that there are many people who dont play to the same levels as others and for them simply clearing normal is enough of an achievement.

Our pally tank had that issue, too. Your hunter, ele shaman(ours uses a weapon swap to a rockbiter weapon and unleash elements macro), druid, and holy pally all have taunts. Use them. The pally tank shouldn't be doing much aoe dps with all of them already on him so a taunt and some single target damage should be all that is needed to peel. If they are becoming life threatening aoe stun/snare and kite.

As for damage during the whirling corruption you need to have cds lined up. People need to know who is in charge of using their raid cds at which one and you should do everything in your power to only use as many as you need to get through the phase. If no raid cds are going to be available then that is when people should use their strong personal cds.

We have he same issue, HPS isn't enough. We tried 2 healing it and we tried 3 healing it - doesn't seem to matter all that much. We tried healing setups like a Druid/Monk, a Druid/Monk/Shammy, a Disc/Druid, a Disc/Druid/Shammy, nothing seems to work. We have more wipes on this boss than the entire bosses of SoO combined. The group complains that its very hard to handle MCs while being spread out and killing the adds quickly. What happens is that we reach a 3rd round of adds, and Garrosh transitions for the last time right after they spawn, hence when we get back we got a lot of adds alive, and its pretty much a wipe at this point (they're not killable).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Transition 2 we go through and everything is fine normally drop down and he's at about 40% and we do the same as above and start on teh oposite side as that side is filled with the axes we did nto kill.This is where all hell breaks loose!
    When empowered whirl happens we get any number or combination of:
    -All adds go to pallie tank even though RF is being taken off as we land from transition and this is causing most of our problems as once they touch consecrate well GG no one can get them off him.
    -Seems like a lot of us are low health a this point as the disc priest and holy pallie are running and we are spread out so seems like just a huge cluster fuck of low HPS at the moment were taking High raid dmg.!
    Few pointers dear fellow warrior

If the adds go to him, you can:
    1. Make sure he doesnt pop conscecrate for 5 seconds before adds or after.
    2. Pop vigilance on him and chain taunt adds out, even just low hp ones out of range can do wonders, its still possible to tank 3 ontop of each other with cd's, in worst case scenario.

I also leap away from range group and taunt him further from them, to make it easier to dodge and lower the dmg.
    Ranged can also stay loosey stacked until whirlwind ends, to ease healing, then everyone targets their add and make sure to keep 6-8 yards apart when they die.

Try to get a cooldown rotation going for emp whirlwinds. Something like below or whatever suits your needs best.
    Devo aura+kitty tranq.
    Bubble+rallyin.
    banner+devo from protadin.
    Still leaves you slt and priest cd's. Make good use of personals if you need to.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-11-15 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    As a prot paladin I feel I have to chime in. We don't use any special gimmics for the adds, and I'm not sure why would you want to either. During Empowered Whirlwind the raid spreads out just a bit, and everyone stays in motion just to make sure that they aren't getting hit by the falling adds (there is a visual cue as well, but because of the whirlwinds own spam, it's not too easy to see). If I happen to be tanking Garrosh during the WW, I backpedal slowly making sure to stay in healer range. Then dps proceeds to dps and kill the adds that spawn close to them (everyone tanking theirs). If I happen to get aggro of few, I tank them along Garrosh and have melee dps or the other tank taunt them off one at a time for killing. As long as you don't kill them stacked, there is no real downside of getting the adds on the tank and I think you'd be better off focusing on handling the adds instead of trying to hop through unnecessary hoops to prevent tank getting aggro of them.

Dps really does matter, so it really wouldn't hurt to improve your play there either. There isn't tight enrage per se, but especially the WW adds take precious time from boss dps - especially at first when still learning to handle them - and it would be ignorant at best to claim that dps doesn't matter just because there isn't a visible enrage killing the raid.

EDIT: Oh, and while focusing on handling the adds, don't forget to normally switch Garrosh tank at 3 stacks. That caused couple tank deaths on our progress at the time.
    Last edited by mmoc783b4e618b; 2013-11-15 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Dps will make the fight EASIER but it isn't the inherent reason for their failure to kill it yet. Indeed more dps would allow them to push past certain phases etc but the only time when dps is REALLY important is the very last burn phase (and arguably transitions)

It's difficult to read past a shitty attitude. I think sometimes HC raiders forget that there are many people who dont play to the same levels as others and for them simply clearing normal is enough of an achievement.
    But dps is definitely a reason for them not having killed it yet. You've done the fight yourself. Like on Sha hc you just can't affort to slack at any part, as it'll slowball out of control. You don't have many seconds to kill the empowered adds, before you need to stack for MC's. Ignoring low dps will just hurt the guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post

Really not sure how to get past this...were just stuck here and bashing our heads on it and throwing our heads at the wall to make it fall is just not working so was hoping some of you could find the little things that normally = a kill once you connect.
    1. Dont use conc when he starts to do empowered whirl.
    2. Dunno about holy pally aoe but priest should be holy for more aoe heals if thats what you need. We just got garrosh last time to 7% and we are using resto druid + holy priest. Only problem was that we fcked mc's

I completely agree with Karlzone here. Not to be rude but when ur players cant play their classes right, you should look at that not encounter specific problems. I speak only for shadow priest because I have played SP myself, 525 iLvl no lege cloak.

Your shadow priest is no offence, really really really bad. I can do same amount or even more dps on garrosh without legendary cloak and 30 less iLvl. He has around 70-80% uptime on VT and SwP which should be near 95+%. Tell me to look up how to play his class effectively at howtopriest dot com
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2013-11-15 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    We have he same issue, HPS isn't enough. We tried 2 healing it and we tried 3 healing it - doesn't seem to matter all that much. We tried healing setups like a Druid/Monk, a Druid/Monk/Shammy, a Disc/Druid, a Disc/Druid/Shammy, nothing seems to work. We have more wipes on this boss than the entire bosses of SoO combined. The group complains that its very hard to handle MCs while being spread out and killing the adds quickly. What happens is that we reach a 3rd round of adds, and Garrosh transitions for the last time right after they spawn, hence when we get back we got a lot of adds alive, and its pretty much a wipe at this point (they're not killable).
    if u are hiting third set of adds then ur dps just isnt enough - tell your dpses to shape up or maybe u just need to gear up people more - also there is really no reason to 3 heal this fight unless u are extremly overgeared and ur 3rd healer is just to lazy to switch to dps spec for farming garosh -_- also if u say that your hps isnt enough well then your healers need to stop slacking too -_- maybe make them 2 heal all 13/14 fights for week or 2 to shape them up a bit ?