Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I remember when this was a legit issue, nowadays just hit a Battleground.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    This is actually kind of funny I haven't done a single quest (outside of a dungeon) since I hit 15 and am now 58 almost 59.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    I feel like I've travelled back in time
    58-60 grinding silithus/winterspring mobs :') (With a HOLY PRIEST!!! oh memories...)

And remember the blatant Alliance favoritism because they had more quests and zones? Oh you Allys don't like to talk about that huh?

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    You know, I'm just loving this "pure human" route thing, considering your race stops being a factor in where you quest once you leave your starting zone.
    I name it a pure human route because a human that doesn't go to stormwind to get the next zone quest will follow the exact path that I layed out. Places like Hinterlands, Arathi highlands, Wetlands and Loch Modan are what I call the Pure Dwarf quest route. It has nothing to do with what you assumed my bias towards humans. I have no idea where you even came up with such a fact.

I enjoyed their brutal honesty.
    And yet you continue to come into my thread without reading anything, make assumptions and continue to post crap like this that I've already addressed
    actually its more like lvl 29-32. but the game is designed so you are meant to do the other side of the world (kalimdor) and some dungeons and maybe some pvp. you even get xp from pet battles and gathering and the like. but this guy is playing some weird roleplay scenario and i think even if the quests were green he would have still gotten xp from uncovering the new areas and a small amount from the green quests. i know that is not recommended to do the green quests but since he was doing his weird roleplay human thing i think he cannot complain about it. its like that neutral pandaren who got lvl 78 from gathering herbs on the wandering isle. do you see him complaining that his strange roleplaying idea was not catered for?
    What part of "I ONLY WANT TO QUEST" do some of you not understand. I've stated it multiple times in this thread that I don't want to do dungeons, no professions, no pet battles (never do that anyway). I clearly stated that I wanted to make a new rogue on a new server and level him up questing and only using whatever I got from quest rewards or drops. I expected myself to easily hit way past 58 when I beat Blasted Lands but obviously that didn't happen and that's why I made this thread.
    You know you dont have to sit and wait for a group, you can queue while leveling.
    Here's the thing, and this is a general response to that ronduwil guy. I wanted to avoid responding to this but some of you leave me no choice.

Farming dungeons while questing is slower because you lose momentum. I know it sounds queer but its much better from my experience to either just pure quest if you're solo or pure dungeon only if you're not playing solo. Solo queuing dungeons puts you at the mercy of random people, some groups will be good some will be slower and some will just be bad. I leveled another Rogue who mostly did dungeons and it was the most mind numbing boring thing I could imagine.

You sit there, wait for people to grab their quests, wait for the tank to move (which a lot of times they take forever) and from there on in you're at the mercy of how good your tank is. Nobody else in the group matters... literally. If you have a slow tank, you're going to have a slow dungeon which means you lose time. And at least 5/10 dungeons I'll end up tanking because the tank is either afk, sucks or left the group.

The method to do dungeons and quest is also terrible because a lot of the times, you'll over level in dungeons to the point where your quests in the world will turn green but you aren't at a high enough level to move on to the next zone. So you're basically stuck doing green quests when originally if you didn't queue for dungeons at all, you could be questing probably in the next zone already.

At some point in grief all you can blame is yourself...He is still in-between the Denial and Anger sides.
    Oh look playing psychologist on me. Posts like this should literally be infracted. You've offered nothing valuable to this thread other than to make an assumption based on my post history in this thread. I could argue that some people in this thread who still don't believe my story are in between the denial and anger stage. There's only been a couple of actual decent people in this thread who understand me or disagree with me. This is that "nerf arms Warriors" thread all over again.

"so much questing" yet you missed a lot because "hurr they were useless"
    The quests I skipped ARE USELESS under normal circumstances. In fact, anyone with full hierlooms can literally breeze 1-60 in less than 24 hours questing only if they're good with the route. Check out this guy who literally just quested similar to what I did but with hierlooms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4d9a_ZMsvk

That is what I like to call "effiecent leveling." You're basically moving from zone to zone as soon as you reach the miniumum level requirement to get the next zone. Since this guy was in hierlooms, he was able to get into places like duskwood at 19, northern strangle thorn at 24 ect and skip multiple quests because of his bonus exp.

Heres the funny thing: Deadmines and Stormwind Stockades are very much 'human' dungeons. He would not be breaking his 'human only' bullcrap path by doing a run through those two. He could have gotten easily two levels off of doing those once.
    Except I stated I'm not doing dungeons, only questing. It's okay, I didn't expect you to actually understand based on what you initially wrote prior to this post. I guess now all of a sudden you want to actually engage within the topic of the thread. And yet you're still lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I name it a pure human route because a human that doesn't go to stormwind to get the next zone quest will follow the exact path that I layed out. Places like Hinterlands, Arathi highlands, Wetlands and Loch Modan are what I call the Pure Dwarf quest route. It has nothing to do with what you assumed my bias towards humans. I have no idea where you even came up with such a fact.

And yet you continue to come into my thread without reading anything, make assumptions and continue to post crap like this that I've already addressed

What part of "I ONLY WANT TO QUEST" do some of you not understand. I've stated it multiple times in this thread that I don't want to do dungeons, no professions, no pet battles (never do that anyway). I clearly stated that I wanted to make a new rogue on a new server and level him up questing and only using whatever I got from quest rewards or drops. I expected myself to easily hit way past 58 when I beat Blasted Lands but obviously that didn't happen and that's why I made this thread.

Here's the thing, and this is a general response to that ronduwil guy. I wanted to avoid responding to this but some of you leave me no choice.

Farming dungeons while questing is slower because you lose momentum. I know it sounds queer but its much better from my experience to either just pure quest if you're solo or pure dungeon only if you're not playing solo. Solo queuing dungeons puts you at the mercy of random people, some groups will be good some will be slower and some will just be bad. I leveled another Rogue who mostly did dungeons and it was the most mind numbing boring thing I could imagine.

You sit there, wait for people to grab their quests, wait for the tank to move (which a lot of times they take forever) and from there on in you're at the mercy of how good your tank is. Nobody else in the group matters... literally. If you have a slow tank, you're going to have a slow dungeon which means you lose time. And at least 5/10 dungeons I'll end up tanking because the tank is either afk, sucks or left the group.

The method to do dungeons and quest is also terrible because a lot of the times, you'll over level in dungeons to the point where your quests in the world will turn green but you aren't at a high enough level to move on to the next zone. So you're basically stuck doing green quests when originally if you didn't queue for dungeons at all, you could be questing probably in the next zone already.

Oh look playing psychologist on me. Posts like this should literally be infracted. You've offered nothing valuable to this thread other than to make an assumption based on my post history in this thread. I could argue that some people in this thread who still don't believe my story are in between the denial and anger stage. There's only been a couple of actual decent people in this thread who understand me or disagree with me. This is that "nerf arms Warriors" thread all over again.

The quests I skipped ARE USELESS under normal circumstances. In fact, anyone with full hierlooms can literally breeze 1-60 in less than 24 hours questing only if they're good with the route. Check out this guy who literally just quested similar to what I did but with hierlooms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4d9a_ZMsvk

That is what I like to call "effiecent leveling." You're basically moving from zone to zone as soon as you reach the miniumum level requirement to get the next zone. Since this guy was in hierlooms, he was able to get into places like duskwood at 19, northern strangle thorn at 24 ect and skip multiple quests because of his bonus exp.

Except I stated I'm not doing dungeons, only questing. It's okay, I didn't expect you to actually understand based on what you initially wrote prior to this post. I guess now all of a sudden you want to actually engage within the topic of the thread. And yet you're still lost.
    After reading this whole thread i can only pity you. You seem to make a huge problem out of nothing just because "i want to be different! I don't want to do anything that normal people do but i still want to reach max level!" That's fine but that's your choice, you chose it so why are you crying over it? You seem to talk about how x is a waste of time yet posting and arguing about pointless shit is not? All this time you spent replying to posts and arguing with people over "boo hoo i don't want to do that! Why do i have to?" you could have gone up to 60 already. Grow up, start playing the game and stop posting because nobody cares anymore.
    People explained to you clearly what to do, you refused well then have fun living in your ignorant world but don't cry about it

i am awaiting your argument to this post
    Last edited by mmocbaf13e71a2; 2013-11-15 at 06:15 PM.

WALL OF TEXT
    Why are you still here defending your obviously bad quest method? It didn't work, and you want to blame Bliz for not catering to your stringent routine.

I pulled this out for further inspection. So if you ran a dungeon and leveled, you would not be at a sufficient level to move to the next zone... but if you did quests and hit the same level, you could move to the next zone. Sounds legit.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Google a lvl guide. There is always something to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belzi View Post
    Google a lvl guide. There is always something to do
    This isn't about him not knowing how to level this is about him refusing to do dungeons, heirlooms, BGs, guilds, going to kalimdor, grinding mobs, and doing hinterlands and THEN crying and blaming blizzard that he cant reach 58.
    Last edited by mmocbaf13e71a2; 2013-11-15 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    This isn't about him not knowing how to level this is about him refusing to do dungeons, heirlooms, BGs, guilds, going to kalimdor, grinding mobs, and doing hinterlands and THEN crying and blaming blizzard that he cant reach 58.
    I love how starting he did "literally every quest" and it continually devolves into "literally every quest except..." lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    After reading this whole thread i can only pity you. You seem to make a huge problem out of nothing just because "i want to be different! I don't want to do anything that normal people do but i still want to reach max level!" That's fine but that's your choice, you chose it so why are you crying over it? You seem to talk about how x is a waste of time yet posting and arguing about pointless shit is not? All this time you spent replying to posts and arguing with people over "boo hoo i don't want to do that! Why do i have to?" you could have gone up to 60 already. Grow up, start playing the game and stop posting because nobody cares anymore. [/SIZE]
    No no no no no, I never fucking said I wanted to be "different." That you fucking idiots assuming this because you did read the OP at all. I asked a simple fucking question at the end of the thread,

So the real question is... do I grind mobs until 58 or go all the way to Winterspring and quest there? I'm three bars into 57 is that helps.
    This is all you people had to answer. But being the narcissistic fucks that some of you have to be, you derailed the thread by either constantly trying to disprove my story after mounting evidence I handed out or telling me to do dungeons, pet battles, professions after I stated NUMEROUS times that's not how I want to level because I thoroughly explained that doing those things are a waste of time and aren't the efficient way to level. Then on top of all of that garbage, I get random self proclaimed docters in here trying to figure out why I'm so frustrated with some of you in this thread.

Anyway this entire post of yours never addressed any of the claims that I made. You just stated they were shit and then went on a rant about how I'm a bad person for not listening to advice I never wanted anyway.

And I'm in game right now killing mobs. It's only a matter of time when I get to 58.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I love how starting he did "literally every quest" and it continually devolves into "literally every quest except..." lol
    Re read my original post. I have to fucking state this 1000000 times already. Here's a quote from it.
    I did literally every single quest from Cape Stranglethorn all the way to Blasted Lands and now I'm stuck at 57 with no where to go.
    That means as I've stated afterwards that I completed every quest after Northern Stranglethorn. I then went on to state the quests that I skipped which were before Cape of Stranglethorn. I've been consistent this entire time. It's you people that have not been consistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go to Kalimdor. I find it hard to believe that you did every single quest in Eastern Kingdoms and you still didn't get to 58. Hell I could easily make it up to 60 on one continent. You level up so fast anymore that I actually have to skip like a whole area because I'm already like 5 levels ahead. You must've skipped a bunch of zones because there is no way you couldn't get to 58 on Eastern Kingdoms. Maybe back in vanilla/BC days but not today. What you should've done since you said you don't like waiting for the LFG queue to pop up is you should've just queued while you were questing.

Edit: I noticed you said you absolutely don't want to do dungeons at all and that you were only 3 bars away. Well in that case all I can say is you either go to Kalimdor or grind. Never in my 7 years playing this game have I ever had this much trouble leveling up.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-11-15 at 07:24 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

No no no no no, I never fucking said I wanted to be "different." That you fucking idiots assuming this because you did read the OP at all. I asked a simple fucking question at the end of the thread,

This is all you people had to answer. But being the narcissistic fucks that some of you have to be, you derailed the thread by either constantly trying to disprove my story after mounting evidence I handed out or telling me to do dungeons, pet battles, professions after I stated NUMEROUS times that's not how I want to level because I thoroughly explained that doing those things are a waste of time and aren't the efficient way to level. Then on top of all of that garbage, I get random self proclaimed docters in here trying to figure out why I'm so frustrated with some of you in this thread.

Anyway this entire post of yours never addressed any of the claims that I made. You just stated they were shit and then went on a rant about how I'm a bad person for not listening to advice I never wanted anyway.

And I'm in game right now killing mobs. It's only a matter of time when I get to 58.

- - - Updated - - -

Re read my original post. I have to fucking state this 1000000 times already. Here's a quote from it.

That means as I've stated afterwards that I completed every quest after Northern Stranglethorn. I then went on to state the quests that I skipped which were before Cape of Stranglethorn. I've been consistent this entire time. It's you people that have not been consistent.
    I bet you're still 57 lol.

This thread has gone on way too long, and this kids got some anger issues. I'm moving along now.

/unsubscribe

Deleted
    But being the narcissistic fucks that some of you have to be...
    Please... just... don't! You'll risk getting a warning.

Also I realize it's too late now but here's the answer to your question:

Kill mobs in the Blasted Lands.

Feeling better now?

How? even without heirlooms or any other rep bonuses it's hard to do this. are you sure you didn't skip a zone?

I have a problem, hopefully this thread can help. I want to get endgame-geared, but am unwilling to associate with anything that has to do with orcs. Keep in mind, I am unwilling to do quests for orcs, or kill orcs. I just want to avoid that part of the game. It almost seems like the game is forcing me to interact with orcs, but that can't be true, a game must have alternatives.

I must be missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I bet you're still 57 lol.

This thread has gone on way too long, and this kids got some anger issues. I'm moving along now.

/unsubscribe
    Yep there you go. Put yourself on some "higher status" by branding me as a "kid." Its always the same with you type of people. If you really were any more mature than me, you wouldn't have participated in the circle jerk against me. It was you and a few others who kept pressing the issue after I've stated numerous times against it. Real mature "bro."

I don't care how slow your tank is; it's faster than grinding mobs solo. Even if you end up tanking yourself it's faster. You've had horrible luck with dungeons, apparently. The only problems I've encountered are go-go-go DPS who berate tanks who are understandably inexperienced and go-go-go tanks who constantly spam their speed boosts to grab aggro and kill everything while most of us are still looting at the previous set of mobs. It's not so bad until they start complaining about the lack of heals when they die. Aside from that I generally meet nice people in pugs. I've made many friends in the game by two-manning the remainder of instances after others prematurely bail. My advice to you is to queue for a dungeon and grind mobs until the queue pops. If you level before that happens then you can always leave queue. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you'll level from a single half hour instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    Please... just... don't! You'll risk getting a warning.

Also I realize it's too late now but here's the answer to your question:

Kill mobs in the Blasted Lands.

Feeling better now?
    Honestly I get banned all the time. It's usually the week after I get off my 4 week ban. It's just that lately I haven't been pissed off enough at all these passive aggressive "know it all" hippie beatniks on these forums. But this thread will probably do it. It's too late now.

I'm already grinding mobs in tainted forest. But thanks for the late advice anyway. I'm also listening to shitty American metal just like I said in my former post. Once I get to 58, I won't care about this thread anymore.

Leveling is sadly one of the most braindead activities this game offers (which is a shame too, considering what a big chunk of the content it is).

The OP at 90:

I want to get the OS drake. Can I get this from SoO lfr, or do I have to fly ALL the way over to stupid northrend?