Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Yeah let's ask ourselves something. Legendary has to mean something. Would it be a good idea to require 9/9 gold ? Personnaly I think so.

Afking in LFR requires no skill, whereas getting 9/9 gold means you kinda know how to play. The casual excuse doesnt matter : you dont need time, hell you dont even need gear.

I always found the challenge mode rewards highly lackluster. I think gating the legendary quest to them would be a good idea. The bads wont have a legendary, at least
    Blizzard said that they wanted the legendary rewards to be available to everyone early on in the patch so that they actually use them during progression, not as some afterthought. I personally dislike challenge modes since I didn't like the heroic dungeons; it was bad enough having to do the minor amount of pvp for the 5.1 stuff but you really want to force people to do content they don't want to do for a reward just to feel special and hardcore? You're like the 2200 rating heroes that took offense to how conquest gear acquisition was changing despite that the overwhelming majority of top arena/rbg players lauded the change.

what's your excuse for not completing gold CMs ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.
    It requires 4 other people to commit to the time, it requires a tank, a healer and 2 other dps.

The good thing about the legendary quest this time round, was it was pretty much down to you the individual to do it or not do it.

Legendary items haven't required skill to get at any point of them being out. Many have been purely limited by RNG and that is why so few had them. If it wasn't RNG based then the grind to build up the pieces required for one could only go to a player or two at a time limiting the amount of them at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I was thinking getting gold rank in Proving Grounds, but dear god no on gold rank in challenge modes? Completing challenge modes, sure.
    Seeing how a handful of servers still have groups that can't do all the gold CM with a pure server group this would be devistating for them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

what's your excuse for not completing gold CMs ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.
    what's your excuse for not completing every Raid on Heroic pre Nerf ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.
    what's your excuse for not getting Gladiatior every Season ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.
    what's your excuse for not having every Achievement in the Game ? It doesnt take time or gear. Only skill.

list could go on forever

Your "what's your excuse" is nothing but bullshit.

oh btw my excuse is: I have no interest in doing 5mans

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, you're one of those people that think every one of the 25 people in a LFR run are all AFK, right?

I'm just gonna end this conversation before it starts. It's a rather pointless one.
    When I have 13 out of 17 dps doing 60k or less yes they might as well be afk.

And they don't deserve a legendary for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    It really was just designed an expansion long quest as many have asked for in expansions prior and made to reward a legendary to keep players subscribed which apparently didnt do so at least with the last community provided data on completion rates along with Blizzards intent to go back to raiding tier focused legendaries.
    They built the quest line in a way that discourages alts. The quest line progress really should have been across all faction characters on that server. As it stands, collect x items only to have to collect y different items over the next 3 weeks didn't turn out to be that engaging. Who'd a thunk that?

Be nice if the cloak was at least BoA. As it is, the cloak is so much time investment and randomness to get on one character that getting it on an alt feels like trying to get the Insane achievement a second time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    When I have 13 out of 17 dps doing 60k or less yes they might as well be afk.

And they don't deserve a legendary for it.
    Yet they still invested the same time running the content as you and paid the same amount of money in total that you have.

Who are you to say what they deserve and what they don't?

10+ Year Old Account
    The legendary quest already has a proving grounds type event...

I'd rather it require runs of a very hard solo scenario, which awards a number of quest items based on your performance.

Deleted
    that would be hell. i've been looking for a nice cm team for awhile now... so hard to find. dead server, guildies don't do it, high pop server pugs are bad, to join events on stuff like openraid, they require you to already have a few golds.. it's just the worst trying to find a group and would take ages

show me your achieve then?

let's put 5 randoms LFR heroes in a challenge mode and let's see if they clear it even on bronze?
    Never bothered except once to help a guildie, which was done in no time whatsoever.
    But being a boomkin + cm's = No point.

And putting lfr heroes in a CM wouldnt do anything.
    If you really want some kind of "gate" to prevent stuff, you make the gate a good chunk of heroics. (Where skill actually matters)

also. id like to see your achieve, which im assuming was done a few days ago?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The legendary quest already has a proving grounds type event...
    but it's easy

That's just hand waving which had nothing to do with the comment I posted. It's a stone cold fact that Blizzard disagrees with you.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    To quote a certain warrior who makes pvp videos. "GET SHIT ON!"

Seriously, many many people will not get full gold in cms. Granted the "Legendary" questline in MoP was really only useful for storytelling, in that sense it did great. The actual orange text item itself was totally unnecessary. People are going to get butthurt one way or another if the item is overly accessible or extremely exclusive.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

but it's easy
    Oh my aching head. I can say with confidence that a lot of people found that final solo event quite challenging. You can't AFK through them. People need to be on their toes and know how to use their skills. The final solo event is a far more accurate challenge than running challenge modes with other people.

You're not interested in a discussion. You just want everybody to agree with you.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    Oh my aching head. I can say with confidence that a lot of people found that final solo event quite challenging. You can't AFK through them. People need to be on their toes and know how to use their skills. The final solo event is a far more accurate challenge than running challenge modes with other people.

You're not interested in a discussion. You just want everybody to agree with you.
    nobody pays for getting boosted in that part

but they do for challenge mode.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pfft! All the best legendary stuff randomly dropped from bosses! That required real skill!
    Don't forget the drop chance has to be around 0.01% our less.

nobody pays for getting boosted in that part

but they do for challenge mode.
    What in the blue hell are you talking about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    What in the blue hell are you talking about?
    you say the solo scenario in the legendary quest is hard. But I've never seen anyone looking for a boost.
    So, it's easy. Cause when something is hard, you can be sure as hell there will be boosts.

I think LFRer dont deserve a legendary. Actually I think normal raiders also dont deserve it. Thus that's why gold challenge should be a good idea, as it requires in my opinion the same skill required for heroic mode raids
    Legendary's come from raiding challenge mode isn't raiding and LFR is.

Also most LFR fights are harder then most Vanilla/TBC and some Wrath boss's. Also the Legendary quest dose require work like grinding the reps/valor and has RNG with the tokens u had to get.

To sum it up......don't like the fact people in LFR/Flex can get Legendarys find a new game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading just the title of this thread - I have but one word to say.
    "No."
    That would just waste MORE time. 3000 Valor not enough?