Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to do CMs and get the transmog set but finding a group is almost literally impossible because ret paladin is one of the shittiest specs for CMs and our other 2 specs that used to be at least viable, have received constant nerfs since the start of MoP.

Looks like buying a boost is the only option, but I don't have that much ingame gold, let alone real money.

CM's are a great example why small groups and hard content don't match. They are impossible to balance without some classes being almost mandatory and some others being totally useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I'd love to do CMs and get the transmog set but finding a group is almost literally impossible because ret paladin is one of the shittiest specs for CMs and our other 2 specs that used to be at least viable, have received constant nerfs since the start of MoP.

Looks like buying a boost is the only option, but I don't have that much ingame gold, let alone real money.

CM's are a great example why small groups and hard content don't match. They are impossible to balance without some classes being almost mandatory and some others being totally useless.
    That's rough. I had to switch from Enhancement to Elemental to get my runs in. I'd just learn to play Holy if I was you seeing as Prot Pallies seem to be in a bad spot as well last time I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping the old CMs available will keep that content always relevant which I believe is something blizzard is in favor of. The content will only be relevant if the title, mount, and gear stay as well so I doubt those will be going anywhere. Plus keeping these and adding others with new title, mount, and gear gives players a lot more content that will always be relevant and with the CM leader board we'll have even more dungeons to compete in.

I don't know why people use classes and specs as an excuse, You can't go for realm best times without a solid comp but nearly any comp can get gold.

My team was a Prot warrior (before Riposte and the other dps buffs of 5.4) A ret paladin, an ENHANCEMENT shaman, windwalker monk and holy paladin.

The only member of that team that were 'strong' for CMs at the time was the holy paladin, yet we rolled through all the CMs

Yeah, if we made the monk BM and the shaman ele it would have been even easier, we could have pushed some competitive times but why bother?
    This was a while ago, CMs have been indirectly nerfed by gear since then.
    Whilst your gear does scale down, hit and exp don't and gem sockets don't.
    Having a gear with lots of hit/exp and lots of gem sockets (SoO gear) makes you much stronger scaled down to 463 than someone actually in 463 gear.
    It might sound harsh but player skill is the single most important factor in beating CMs, I'm not denying that a strong comp makes them easier, because it does but there are very few comps that are incapable of getting gold when played by skilled players.

Melee in general are bad for challenge modes, but ret paladins actually bring a really useful CD for the tank with hand of sacrifice, especially now with the glyph. Also, Devo Aura is really good for certain pulls like the courtyard in ToJS. BoPing the healer is never a bad thing either. As far as melee goes, ret pally isn't a bad one to bring.

u can go for gold with any comp
    just grab some guildmembers and go for it

i hope they manage to make it more relevant, especially at the beginnig of the addon they could add a daily like now with chance for raiding gear

if there is worldbosses who drop raidloot, why not also challangemodes?
    Last edited by Violetti; 2013-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    make the sets unavailable once wod hits, give them some prestige even after the buys.
    Don't get your hopes up, this is something Blizzard doesn't really do anymore.

Maybe a useless FoS, but I can't imagine they would make the armor unavailable or add a new recolor just so they distinguish the people who earned it during MoP.

I have it on 4 of the 6 characters I REALLY want it on so I'm not too worried if the current ones can't be accessed later, though I hope they are because they are fun as fuck to do. Really looking forward to more CMs in WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    That's rough. I had to switch from Enhancement to Elemental to get my runs in. I'd just learn to play Holy if I was you seeing as Prot Pallies seem to be in a bad spot as well last time I checked.
    Prot pallies aren't in a bad spot at all. Gold is easly doable with them.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    since gear gets scaled down there is absolutely no difference between who ran it now and who will do it later so no, they won't be exclusive (and shouldn't be IMO )
    FALSE. You will have one additional (very strong) lvl 100 talent. They should be exclusive to MoP for this reason alone.

Deleted

Did them all as prot in 2-3 sessions 1 shotting most on my paladin just a week ago - sure it wasn't as easy as it was on my prot warrior but it wasn't that bad either.

Deleted
    what if you don't get them before it's released?

Deleted
    considering they're capable of altering things inside of the CM dungeons too how they are normally (think of the vengeance change in 5.4 that didnt affect CM).
    they probally are capable of changing other spells/abilities in the current settings when we move on too WoD.
    the ilvl is already set and the WoD items will probally be inferior too the current ones since they lack sockets, so as long you delevel and then level 100 talent is turned off.
    it should be possible too keep them around as hard as they're now.

if they do this, i can't see a problem with them keeping the rewards as it is. however if they make it easier, prehaps the gold mode reward should be removed and bronze/silver rewards moved up a tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    It's doable as prot, I'm on 7/9 gold myself and just cba to make a group for remaining two (SM and Brewery). But yeah, DKs/Monks have it faaaaaaaar easier.

Prot and holy pallies are good for CM's. Gold is possible with 3 rets, just harder.

There are people in the world that "do", and people in the world that find an excuse as to why its too hard. You fall into the latter category.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    FALSE. You will have one additional (very strong) lvl 100 talent. They should be exclusive to MoP for this reason alone.
    It will be likely that your level will be scaled as well, which may mean you might not even be able to use that talent.
    I believe they will keep it in and with scaling as a feature already being implemented in gear the player is probably soon to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    if a team of a bear druid, punch monk, ret, arms war, disc priest can get gold and get decent ranked times then anyone can get it. I dont want to hear anyone complain about comp.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done