Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I am guessing you aren't a healer then. Reforging is about the last way to customise (or create 'builds' if you will) as a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    I am guessing you aren't a healer then. Reforging is about the last way to customise (or create 'builds' if you will) as a healer.
    I play all 3 roles, and did pre-reforging. I believe reforging ruined the point of itemization on gear. Highest item level wins instead of people thinking about what items are good for them due to stats.

Hint: You don't have to equip the highest ilvl gear possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Correct. But then, there is no more "keeping spirit as low as possible" via reforging, so the need to be mana-conservant will die out in later tiers. There is no more toying around with various hastepoints, your gear (and luck with getting it) will determine which one you are at. There will be no more mastery builds for fights that favour it (if they ever happen considering we might get stuck with this mastery). Reforging is another choice that's being taken away from the players and i really, really dislike that.
    Simpler =/= better.

Anywho, drifted offtopic, i am sorry, how about them class quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjit View Post
    What i am getting at is that Q&A part is worded in such a way, that they actually didn't promise the class quest being in there at all. So the question to ask here is not "will shamans get the class quest" but "will there be a class quest to begin with".
    Note the question mark in the thread title I never said it was confirmed or anything, I just wanted to discuss the rewards/quest line IF we are getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Not every shaman wants this, id wager there's more against it that for it! And when we did tank it was via gimmicks like mixing def rating and resi to be crit immune in Wotlk...nevermind vanilla shaman "tanking".....
    When people treat current tanking classes better and not like a piece of crap then we can talk about more tanking classes but there is really no need for anymore.

It will be more likely to be something aesthetic like elementals/totems.
    professor
    good news everyones,

we are going to create something that many people will love and adore without hurting or taking away from anything else.

hermes
    People can't have fun with something that i don't find fun. This new item is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Legendary Wheelchair.

500% Speed
    can it also fly? wink wink ;-)

If they go along the lines of the Green fire Lok chain, then it has to be a change in appearance only. Considering it should be something that is at the core of that class, then it has to be a totem change. Changing your elementals to have a different look or the actual totems themselves are the most likely candidates. Personally i'd prefer new totems, I think, either way whatever they do im sure it will be an awesome quest chain (if it is anything like the lok one) and with a nice wee reward

p.s. although I still struggle trying to find spells sometimes because all the icons have changed to green in colour lol

At the end of the shaman quest chain, you get a new spirit totem, along with a heart elemental. By combining all five totems, you make captain planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SBlackman View Post
    Maybe Draenor Elementals? Give our Fire, Earth and Storm Elementals a different look? Maybe a new look for our totems? Red lightning? Enhancement being able to fight in Ghostwolf form? Hell, a Frostwolf ghostwolf?
    That's alot of wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

On the trailier you see these orcs jumping around in a fire maybe like a ritual or something and they have these glowing tatoos on them. Maybe that's what we'll get :P. And I also assume they're shamans in the trailer.

I'd love all these things, but think about how much more quickly they're trying to pump out xpacs. We're not gonna see this stuff. I'D LOVE TO SHAMAN TANK, but... I just have a feeling the people at blizz
    1. arent really too concerned with shamans, they never really have been
    2. dont have time to give us this stuff, at least they don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIbbe View Post
    That's alot of wolf.
    Shaman quest chain:
    Player: I want a pound of wolf
    Questgiver: That's a lot of wolf! That'll be 4 bucks, baby! You want fries with that?
    *player goes away with reward*
    Questgiver: He just left...WITH WOLVES
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIbbe View Post
    That's alot of wolf.
    It could also be, that after years of wearing wolf and bear pelts, that we finally get fleas.

10+ Year Old Account
    White lightning
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    If, like the warlock green fire quest, it is only cosmetic, what if we get a better spell effect around our totems:
    Fire totem- whole totem is on fire, with the effect twice as wide and twice as tall as the totem.
    Water totem- a waterfall effect that starts from above the totem, and splashes around the totem, or a geyser effect that sprays water up in an umbrella effect around the totem.
    Air totem- a whirling cyclone type effect that spins at the totem, or spins around the totem.
    Earth totem- either an earthquake effect or spinning rocks around the totem.

Alternately, a Last Air Bender style four element sphere that persists around us or a retooling of the shield effects to be less underwhelming than a single spark or water ball spinning around us.

For that matter, I would like our spell effects to have more of a 'bender' effect than they do now as a whole. Shaman feel like we have an 'Avatar-lite' tool kit anyway, as we can control all four elements, I would like to see us play that way. Even if they divided up our specs a little more to have Elemental be more fire bender, Enhance be more air bender, and resto be more water bender.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like a less powerful version of earth shield to be available to elemental and enhance, even if you could only cast it on yourself. I feel like we are a little gimped in soloing, at least as elemental, as we have zero instant heal, even on a short cool down. There are several solo raids where an instant heal like paladin word of glory would be a huge quality of life increase. Or am I missing some version of instant self heal elemental has access to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Shaman feel like we have an 'Avatar-lite' tool kit anyway, as we can control all four elements, I would like to see us play that way. Even if they divided up our specs a little more to have Elemental be more fire bender, Enhance be more air bender, and resto be more water bender.

Thoughts?
    You mean Avatar is 'Shaman Lite' surely? Jestings aside, we don't need more Oriental themed maguffins in Warcraft and that falls so far into that area that it's currently parading around the tea rooms in a geisha outfit.

If I were extremely optimistic, maybe a questchain that gives the shaman his 'familiar' for lack of a better term, like how in Lord of the Clans, Thrall is chosen by his wolf, Snowsong, to be her lifepartner. Obviously, it wouldn't neccesarily be a wolf for all the races, a raptor for Trolls, a...goat for Draenei, etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    You mean Avatar is 'Shaman Lite' surely? Jestings aside, we don't need more Oriental themed maguffins in Warcraft and that falls so far into that area that it's currently parading around the tea rooms in a geisha outfit.

If I were extremely optimistic, maybe a questchain that gives the shaman his 'familiar' for lack of a better term, like how in Lord of the Clans, Thrall is chosen by his wolf, Snowsong, to be her lifepartner. Obviously, it wouldn't neccesarily be a wolf for all the races, a raptor for Trolls, a...goat for Draenei, etc etc.
    I meant more along the lines of throwing rocks, sending a snaking rise in the ground that strikes a target and sends them in the air. Air bender style single target air pushback. Maybe some of that would be better suited to the monk class. But the variety of attacks that appear in the 'Avatar: The Last Air Bender' from all four bender types is pretty impressive, and better that "my mage fireball is an orange frostbolt, an orange shadowbolt, or orange wrath."

- - - Updated - - -

Also, "goat for Draenei" made me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaman class quest end reward.

2 handed mace

Shamans that have completed the legendary class quest have now enabled 2 handed enhancement

Deleted
    Shaman has amazing potential for a class questline. It's a lore rich class with tons of spells than could have their effects refreshed/upgraded.

Deleted
    You surely mean Octopus for Draenei!