Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ad Hominem all you got? cause all I see are just excuses for your line of reasoning why Pandaren were written to be a jolly go getter of a people, where there could have been thousands of other themes that could have been used for an oriental based civilization.
    This really it. Simple mistake from blizzard. Don't know why.
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-11-16 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Blizzard should had introduced the obscure race (Obsucre at least to a majority of WOW playaerbase) prior to MOP. Putting Pandaren as neutral npc all over Azeroth or Northrend or The Outlands providing quest and as vendors would had saved a lot of time to explain their existence. There should had been traveling Pandaren merchants in the Barrens, quest givers in the dark moon isles or Pandaren npcs in neutral cities giving out quest.

Unlike the Draenei, the Pandaren in the eyes of the player base was a cheap rip off because of Kung Fu and if Blizzard had introduce them prior even though they were not playable, would had made playable Pandaren and their mysterious homeland(or at least their ancestor's) would be more anticipated.
    I don't hate them but i never rolled one past the starting zone, why? because i don't like the model especially the male one, it's too fat and bouncy if blizzard should have designed something like ; female are a bit better but hell dat expression
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Most people don't hate Pandaren. It's really a severe case of vocal minority.

People hate pandaren?

The only people i've ever seen that really act like they hate pandaren are just children and dumbasses, and their opinions don't matter in the least. Any reasonable or mature person doesn't seem to care one way or the other. Some may not want to play one, but ive never met a person that wasn't a kid or a dumbass that was really into the whole panda hating category.

Would also like to mention once again (havent said this since pandaren were announced) but chen stormstout existed before the Kung Fu panda movies. Just sayin'. It all goes back to the dumbasses whose only form of self expression is pissing and moaning because they are incapable of doing anything constructive or artistic.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    People hate pandaren?

The only people i've ever seen that really act like they hate pandaren are just children and dumbasses, and their opinions don't matter in the least. Any reasonable or mature person doesn't seem to care one way or the other. Some may not want to play one, but ive never met a person that wasn't a kid or a dumbass that was really into the whole panda hating category.

Would also like to mention once again (havent said this since pandaren were announced) but chen stormstout existed before the Kung Fu panda movies. Just sayin'. It all goes back to the dumbasses whose only form of self expression is pissing and moaning because they are incapable of doing anything constructive or artistic.
    Only people that like pandaren are idiot neckbeard nerds with no life.
    See I can do that too

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-11-17 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    I dont understand the point, with this logic Draenei and Blood Elves should be equally as hated because of their exclusion in pre-BC and no one knowing them in WC2 or WC3
    Blood Elves and Dranei were added while Warcraft III was still pretty big and heavily played. Pandaren were pretty much a whole decade after. The former were far FAR more heavily hinted to in Warcraft III, blood elves as a whole also fit very well in a fantasy setting and dranei did have a ton of bitching about them in tBC similar to Pandaren now.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I don't hate them but i never rolled one past the starting zone, why? because i don't like the model especially the male one, it's too fat and bouncy if blizzard should have designed something like ; female are a bit better but hell dat expression
    That muscle panda looks waaay silly to me and looks like something a child would draw. On top of which the Pandaren have always been shown as chubby and that is before MoP. When I think Pandaren, it is kinda what Blizzard made.

Quote Originally Posted by Life View Post
    They are. And a gnome-focused expansion would be just as bad, if not worse, than a pandaren-focused expansion. Thing is, we haven't had a gnome-focused expansion. They're just always hanging around in the background, being annoying :P
    pandarens weren't the whole focus, it was a mix of panderan, sha, thunder king, the war, and many other things. well blizzard did say this year i guess the gnomes have gnomergan in lore(i wish it was in game too. that dungeon is hell)
    point is there was many childish things before pandarens but people i guess ignored them.(tunnel vision)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

People are stupid. Not Blizzard's fault everyone thinks it's connected to Kung Fu Panda. They're just moronic meatheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Blizzard should had introduced the obscure race (Obsucre at least to a majority of WOW playaerbase) prior to MOP. Putting Pandaren as neutral npc all over Azeroth or Northrend or The Outlands providing quest and as vendors would had saved a lot of time to explain their existence. There should had been traveling Pandaren merchants in the Barrens, quest givers in the dark moon isles or Pandaren npcs in neutral cities giving out quest.

Unlike the Draenei, the Pandaren in the eyes of the player base was a cheap rip off because of Kung Fu and if Blizzard had introduce them prior even though they were not playable, would had made playable Pandaren and their mysterious homeland(or at least their ancestor's) would be more anticipated.
    There was a lot of complaints about adding the Draenei in TBC that they were a retconned, cheap, last-minute decision.

Also, lorewise, doesn't make sense for Pandaren to be all over Azeroth (even though we the player are scattered about) because of the events of their starting zone.

Blizzard could have not done anything which would have satisfied the community.
    People who want to whine will whine, and and will even fabricate all sorts of biased arguments or even outright lies to support their view and try to give it credibility.
    Pandaren do have a presence, even if not a large presence in Warcraft Lore.
    They pre-dated the movie therefore by years, and so anyone linking the movie to the pandaren race's appearance in-game is a perfect example of the above.

Some people simply enjoy whining.

Nothing wrong with adding pandas to the game. Hell just look a gnomes, they fit fine.

The problem occurred when they focused half an expac and an entire continent on Pandas.

Almost every race in Warcraft is based on a worldly culture.

Panderan = Chinese/Asian
    Draenei = Eastern European/Indian/Russian
    Troll = Jamaican/Caribbean
    Tauren = Native American
    Goblin = Brooklyn Italian/Jewish
    Dwarf = Irish/Scottish
    Vykrul = Scandinavian
    Tolvir - Egyptian

And then you have your traditional RPG races such as elves, humans, orcs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Almost every race in Warcraft is based on a worldly culture.

Panderan = Chinese/Asian
    Draenei = Eastern European/Indian/Russian
    Troll = Jamaican/Caribbean
    Tauren = Native American
    Goblin = Brooklyn Italian/Jewish
    Dwarf = Irish/Scottish
    Vykrul = Scandinavian
    Tolvir - Egyptian

And then you have your traditional RPG races such as elves, humans, orcs, etc.
    Even then, Night Elves had a Japanese/Shinto basis for their culture, Belfs had an Arabian basis, Gilneans had Victorian England as a basis. That leaves Gnomes, Humans and Orcs as the "unique" culture based on Steampunk and various other fictional novels.

Deleted
    humans are medieval, nothing original

If Kung Fu Panda never existed would MoP come? I bet no.

It's not only the Pandaren I'm not a fan of, it's the whole Chinese theme. It was fine the first few months, but it's way old now. It feels too tacky.

The no1 priority for Blizz should have been to differentiate from the Kung Fu Panda theme as much as possible ... The theme is great, but childish. No chubby pandarens. That was a mistake. No2 priority was to give players a good villian ... Garrosh is a retard, pig, retard, just no. Tentacle monsters are not a good villian either.

tl;dr If pandarens were savages and there was a proper villian, I wouldn't hate them.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I think pandaren is definitely the dumbest looking race right behind male draenei. Am I supposed to be intimidated when a full greivous panda warrior charges me? Because i usually just laugh. Having gigantic beer bellies doesn't exactly help in taking it seriously

Chen was important in WC3 ft, close to rexxar. Both of them helped in Ogrimmar fundation, maybe Rexxar took the "champion of the Horde" title because was the main star of the Horde campaign, but Chen helped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Chen was important in WC3 ft, close to rexxar. Both of them helped in Ogrimmar fundation, maybe Rexxar took the "champion of the Horde" title because was the main star of the Horde campaign, but Chen helped too.
    I agree but they weren't any notable Pandaren, heck they were no Pandaren NPCs that provode quest or sell items in WOW prior to MOP that probably would had made a bigger impact in the general acceptance of the race. Imagine if you play in a Vanilla, there is a neutral Pandaren giving out quest and selling exotic shirts wandering in one of the major PVP area that talks about his hidden homeland, wouldn't that itself made a lot more players excited about the race?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    There was a lot of complaints about adding the Draenei in TBC that they were a retconned, cheap, last-minute decision.

Also, lorewise, doesn't make sense for Pandaren to be all over Azeroth (even though we the player are scattered about) because of the events of their starting zone.
    Doesn't need scatter all over Azeroth as I'm sure there were other Pandaren besides Chen that traveled beyond the Wandering Isle. Pandaren from the Wandering Isle travelling to the continents of Azeroth would not break the lore.