Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah;23656017[b
    Draw the Line[/b]
    Hold a shield in place with both hands, channeling a massive barrier which vastly reduces damage taken while active and reduces the damage taken by any allies behind the warrior. Generates a huge amount of rage over a short time, moderate cooldown.
    I don't think you should make talents that only cater to one spec or that negates the reason for choosing a talent. Might as well have a level 100 ability.

That said I like this ability. What might make it interesting is to have a short cooldown like 30s or so and have it channeled consuming rage fast. Something like consuming 25 rage a second until rage is depleted. What do you think about 30% reduced damage while channeling and 20% reduced damage to those behind the warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Draw the Line
    Hold a shield in place with both hands, channeling a massive barrier which vastly reduces damage taken while active and reduces the damage taken by any allies behind the warrior. Generates a huge amount of rage over a short time, moderate cooldown.

I'll be honest I threw the last one in there because protection needs a talent to care about, too.
    I never knew I wanted this until you told me I wanted this.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Something else I just thought of would be bringing back Warrior quests, wouldn't it be awesome if we could complete some sort of a warrior challenge to EARN one of these abilities? I don't know about you all, but I definitely miss these sorts of quests and it would be interesting if you could take multiple routes and end at taking X ability, whereas if you go a different route you get a different ability. You can unlearn these abilities and go re-do the quest line to get a new ability, but this means repeating the challenge or whatever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orville078 View Post
    Something else I just thought of would be bringing back Warrior quests, wouldn't it be awesome if we could complete some sort of a warrior challenge to EARN one of these abilities? I don't know about you all, but I definitely miss these sorts of quests and it would be interesting if you could take multiple routes and end at taking X ability, whereas if you go a different route you get a different ability. You can unlearn these abilities and go re-do the quest line to get a new ability, but this means repeating the challenge or whatever.
    Would like quests to gain abilities, wouldn´t like re-doing quests to respecc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Would like quests to gain abilities, wouldn´t like re-doing quests to respecc.
    Yeah maybe you would be able to keep it, but only after you earn it. I am not entirely sure how the switching function would work, maybe you would have a slot under the glyph page for talents you have earned and when you spec you can switch those out as you would switch glyphs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see Blizzard doing talents from quests, they wont even do spells from quests anymore. Their UI guy would probably hang himself if he had to make a system for showing unusable talents on the Talent Screen.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-11-17 at 05:07 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I can't see Blizzard doing talents from quests, they wont even do spells from quests anymore. Their UI guy would probably hang himself if he had to make a system for showing unusable talents on the Talent Screen.
    I don't feel like it would be too terrible difficult, we already have the glyph page, just add another slot where you can insert a talent earned from a class related quest, in this instance it would be from a warrior quest. Basically what I am envisioning is just the scroll bar on the right and everything is separated into Quest Talents (simple phrase - not necessarily what would be there), Major Glyph's, and then minor Glyphs - heck that symbol in the middle of the glyph circle could BE the talent you choose!

Quote Originally Posted by Jez7 View Post
    There should be a talent that lets Prot ditch their 1H and rumble with two shields.

CANNONBALL! Metroid Prime Style

Definitely awesome with two Bulwarks.. or Barricades!
    Wouldn't they have to permanently make an attack speed for shields then? That would be interesting in PvP lol, I bet it would piss everyone off with the insane amount of armor and stats you would get, although I feel like their would have to be some downside, either you move slower or your attacks are incredibly slow. Going off of that though, it would be interesting if you had an effect that would allow you to throw the other shield on your back and give you x% damage redtion from attacks from behind. I would be interested in seeing who is interested in that, personally, I prefer either 1 2-H weapon, 2 1H's, or 1H and a shield, although if this was an option I would have to try it out!

The names are perfect for the expansion. No reason for it not to be the case considering how Warrior-centric Orcs are.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The names are perfect for the expansion. No reason for it not to be the case considering how Warrior-centric Orcs are.
    I am still thinking a way to make a talent related to Kilrogg Deadeye or Broxigar would be a good one to make, there are some pretty awesome warriors out there, the names in theory would be fine since it is an expansion wrapped around orcs and orcs are definitely warrior-centric. I was just suggesting Alliance names subbed in so it had a balanced feel to it, I could totally understand being a little annoyed if Colossus Smash was instead Varian Smash...it would be like ok, but he's my sworn enemy...no thanks. The Kargath one would not really work unless we could find some Alliance person from lore who was also nuts and decided to hack their hand off, closest thing I could think of would be a pirate, although my knowledge of Human heroes is not that extensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blazing Fury
    For the next 12 seconds, your charge has no cool-down (but will not stun), and each damaging strike you make gives you a stack of Blazing Anger, which increases your damage by X for each stack. When Blazing fury wears off you cleave for X amount of damage too all targets in 10 yards for each stack (Arms/Fury) or heal yourself for X amount of stacks (Protection). X cool-down.

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    Blazing Fury
    For the next 12 seconds, your charge has no cool-down (but will not stun), and each damaging strike you make gives you a stack of Blazing Anger, which increases your damage by X for each stack. When Blazing fury wears off you cleave for X amount of damage too all targets in 10 yards for each stack (Arms/Fury) or heal yourself for X amount of stacks (Protection). X cool-down.
    Oooh this sounds nice, would you be able to use this while your charge is already on CD? If so, I feel like it would need to have a 1-2 min CD, because this would allow warriors to have 3 charges if you choose the right talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh this sounds nice, would you be able to use this while your charge is already on CD? If so, I feel like it would need to have a 1-2 min CD, because this would allow warriors to have 3 charges if you choose the right talents.
    Would reset the cool-down on charge, but might make it so once the buff wears off, the cool-down incurred on the next charge would be twice as long.

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    Blazing Fury
    Thats pretty badass but waaay OP for pvp so the charge thing would have to be changed.

I wouldn't mind a passive sorta like that blazing anger stacks except not an actual attack. Something like:

Relentless Fury

Each time you use an ability that costs rage that does not crit, you get a stack of Rising Fury. Rising fury lasts 10 seconds and critical strikes with abilities that cost rage clear all stacks of Rising Fury.

Arms/fury: [Disclaimer: Overpower would have to not have its huge crit chance or this talent would suck]
    Each stack of Rising Fury increases critical strike chance and crit damage of all abilities that cost rage by 5%, and reduces rage cost of all abilities by 5%.
    Prot: Each stack of rising fury gives 5% increased critical strike chance and reduces damage taken by 2%.

I really like the whole "relentless attacking" kind of image from warriors, especially fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    I managed to write a whole essay worth of stuff as a response so i'll try to keep it more concise this time.

I realize and fully understand that some people want to create these really cliche abilities with massive amounts of symbolism, but the thing is that warriors are currently really really FINE. Fury has always been a very interactive spec where you smash buttons like bloody murder and the spec works really really well when you manage to get your crit up. I can't recall a moment where protection was as comfortable and fun to play as it is today. If I really got as I wanted, Arms and Fury would finally be intentionally cut and separated as one PVP spec and one PVE spec to never have to deal with issues that this balance-everything-bullshit brings with it.

The removal of hit and expertise definitely affects this class the most especially during the beginning the an expansion where you can barely afford getting those caps and are left with barely any crit. Hopefully yellow damage will just be toned down and the class gets to keep its unique and functioning feel it has today.

I personally want the t100 talents to be as simple as possible because what we need is more quality-of-life adjustments instead of more crap to track.

A talent that improves your old stances - the PVE'ers choice
    To make berserker stance feel more berserky, add a life steal component that you generate back an x amount of health with all attacks since this is the stance you soak damage in for more rage in short surges. To make battle stance feel more like a balanced combat stance, increase your passive movement speed by 10% and and lower the global cooldown to 1s so we can actually use the increased amounts of rage we get from the removal of hit and expertise. Let shield slam and revenge generate the same amount of rage they do in all stances, but grant the gladiator stance shield barrier to shield slam damage bonus in in battle stance, without the threat modifier.

A talent which bumps rage and gets rid of disorients, polymorphs and roots at the cost of health - the PVP'ers choice
    A way to generate rage against teams that are capable of dealing damage while running faster than you, and break the cycle of sitting in CC for 95% of games. I have no comments on whether or not the damage taken should be taken all at once or as a running dot. Perhaps even a way you could deal friendly damage and get someone else out of a sheep?

A gimmick talent that reflects Doomham..Karg..Hellscr... whateverthefuck with cool visuals - The casuals choice
    Granting a cheesy spell like Bladestorm that is there to please the growds who just want to play for the sake of killing time, and look super cool in the process.

I really really don't want to log into another beta and realize that EVERYTHING has changed completely for the uptinth time. Keep it simple, don't push hard to understand abilities on people who couldn't care less.
    Agree 100%.

My only gripe with Fury is still the gear dependancy and how Bloodsurge procs are pretty irrelevant and don't mesh well with the rotation (specially with Galakras trinket and not saving RB...you just use 2 Bloodsurge charges). Arms needs a revamp though.

I'd like:
    1) A talent that favors stance dancing/improves stances (added bonus of not needing a new hotkey).
    2) A banner on your back option (again, hopefully without the need for an extra hotkey).
    3) The revival of sword and board (Gladiator stance).

Oh and Disrupting Shout needs the spell effect from Warmaster Blackhorn.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Thats pretty badass but waaay OP for pvp so the charge thing would have to be changed.

I wouldn't mind a passive sorta like that blazing anger stacks except not an actual attack. Something like:

Relentless Fury

Each time you use an ability that costs rage that does not crit, you get a stack of Rising Fury. Rising fury lasts 10 seconds and critical strikes with abilities that cost rage clear all stacks of Rising Fury.

Arms/fury: [Disclaimer: Overpower would have to not have its huge crit chance or this talent would suck]
    Each stack of Rising Fury increases critical strike chance and crit damage of all abilities that cost rage by 5%, and reduces rage cost of all abilities by 5%.
    Prot: Each stack of rising fury gives 5% increased critical strike chance and reduces damage taken by 2%.

I really like the whole "relentless attacking" kind of image from warriors, especially fury.
    I like this, but first I would say just a making the next ability cost 5 less rage until you get a crit would be more beneficial and simple.

My only qualm with this is getting a buff when you don't get a crit just will basically be another enrage with few perks to it, not making it too exciting, granted it would be very useful, but not very lvl 100 talent feeling. Thats why it brings me back to Hellscream's Fury where gaining a full stack allows you to unleash some skull-crushing strike.

Another idea that comes to mind, would be a bonus for capping out on rage, an ability that can occur once every 30 sec-1min, like Seething Rage, Blood Furor, Overwhelming Rage, etc, basically your rage is consumed, you gain a large damage, attack speed, and idk lifesteal/crit dmg/crit chance/cleave, etc bonus for X amount of time. That is once again just a conceptual idea, I realize it would need to be honed and refined, but this would give you a bonus for every now and then during a boss fight reaching a full rage bar, in this instance it would be useful for PvE, to make it viable for arms it could give you freedom of movement, that way if you are stunlocked and building rage you have a means to escape, prot as mentioned in one of the posts above could consume it for a dmg reduction and HoT. Just a thought.

My only qualm with this is getting a buff when you don't get a crit just will basically be another enrage with few perks to it, not making it too exciting, granted it would be very useful, but not very lvl 100 talent feeling. Thats why it brings me back to Hellscream's Fury where gaining a full stack allows you to unleash some skull-crushing strike.
    The hellscream's fury is a good idea but I can't tell if its like a passive or a 1 minute cd or something, you also need some sort of cap like cannot gain more than 1 stack every second. I would be happy with either, or attach it to enrages or something. Like "Empowered Enrage", 20% of all damage dealt while enraged is unleashed in a massive blow dealt as the enrage ends.

I like the draw the line idea, I wish shields were more involved in arms (not so much fury) but in a meaningful way. In fact, a sort of "heart of the wild" like ability that sort of changes your role or uses a different playstyle for a short time would be cool.

Gladiator's Dominance

Arms: You abandon your weapon and equip a massive two handed shield. While in this state, all damage is blocked by 30% and direct spells are deflected (not reflected), and you mortal strike ability is replaced by Shield Smash (x damage, small aoe, knockdown). Lasts 10 seconds, 2 minute cd.

Fury You attach a chain between your two weapons allowing you to throw them and attack at range (think kratos from god of war). While in this state, all attacks have a 25 yard range and cleave 50% of their damage to enemies within 8 yards of the target. Lasts 15 seconds, 2 minute cd.

Protection You sidearm you shield (buckler style) and equip a massive two handed axe/sword/mace (depending on race). You retain all the benefits of wield a shield except your shield slam is replace by Thundering strike (Deals more damage, causes mini-tclap for aoe). Additionally, you generate rage from damage dealt for the duration. Lasts 15 seconds, 2 minute cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Ancient Spear: Throw your weapon at your target and pull them toward you dealing X amount of damage and slowing the target by 50% for 3 sec, 45 sec 1min CD

Earthquake: Your thunderclap ability now causes the ground to shake violently beneath you for 8 sec's within 18yards dealing X amount of damage over 8 sec

War Cry: Your Battle and Commanding Shout now also unleashes a rallying cry that increases yours and all allies armor by 20% for 12 sec, increases the CD on your shouts to 60 sec

Death Wish: Whenever you are below 35% health your abilities cost 50% less

Those are a few I wish my warrior had, especially the first one.

P.S. yes I play D3

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    The hellscream's fury is a good idea but I can't tell if its like a passive or a 1 minute cd or something, you also need some sort of cap like cannot gain more than 1 stack every second. I would be happy with either, or attach it to enrages or something. Like "Empowered Enrage", 20% of all damage dealt while enraged is unleashed in a massive blow dealt as the enrage ends.

I like the draw the line idea, I wish shields were more involved in arms (not so much fury) but in a meaningful way. In fact, a sort of "heart of the wild" like ability that sort of changes your role or uses a different playstyle for a short time would be cool.

Gladiator's Dominance

Arms: You abandon your weapon and equip a massive two handed shield. While in this state, all damage is blocked by 30% and direct spells are deflected (not reflected), and you mortal strike ability is replaced by Shield Smash (x damage, small aoe, knockdown). Lasts 10 seconds, 2 minute cd.

Fury You attach a chain between your two weapons allowing you to throw them and attack at range (think kratos from god of war). While in this state, all attacks have a 25 yard range and cleave 50% of their damage to enemies within 8 yards of the target. Lasts 15 seconds, 2 minute cd.

Protection You sidearm you shield (buckler style) and equip a massive two handed axe/sword/mace (depending on race). You retain all the benefits of wield a shield except your shield slam is replace by Thundering strike (Deals more damage, causes mini-tclap for aoe). Additionally, you generate rage from damage dealt for the duration. Lasts 15 seconds, 2 minute cd.
    With Hellscream's Fury it would be probably a 45-1min CD. I am not sure if it would be a CD on the stacks AND the charged attack or if it would be only the charged attack on CD, which would allow you to continue to build stacks. I think it would need a minimum time to build each stack, because as I mentioned before, within the first 20 seconds of a boss encounter you would be at full stacks - so maybe 3-5 secs between building stacks. I feel like this way it provides a sustained DPS improvement for arms/fury, and the prot version would have stacks that provide maybe decreased dmg, health received increase, or lifesteal, that way while you build it up you are sort of experiencing a passive bonus. Taking the time to build up the stacks would create an interesting dynamic for dps/tanks, do I keep up the stacks for the bonus or do I let loose with this hard-hitter? I feel like the attack would need to be fairly powerful to warrant getting rid of X amount of stacks that provide a constant bonus.

To even out the ability there maybe would need to be a diminishing returns sort of thing after you get capped out, where if you do not use the attack you slowly start losing the stacks, if you drop to zero without using the stacks then you get a CD on the ability of 30 secs or something, basically giving you a sort of use it or lose it mindset with this ability. Just a thought.

Once again, that draw the line idea sounds great, I think a temporary 90% movement debuff on enemies would be awesome for PvP, just keeping a bunch of people stuck in the grass while your allies either have a chance to run or nuke the opposing force for a little while.

Gladiator's Dominance

I am not entirely sold on the massive shield idea, although it would definitely be a nice ability to have when you are getting focused in PvP/arenas...it is definitely very interesting. I feel like 10 seconds might be too long, I bet we could get away with 6-8 seconds, mind you I would love 10 seconds of that ability.

I am digging the fury idea with the chain, so how would this work? Would you throw a weapon and then spin or does each attack like throw out your weapon?

I don't entirely understand the prot idea too, do you attach a weapon to your shield or are you just using a 2H with a shield? Elaborate a bit more please!

Definitely like where you are going with the gladiator theme though, I feel like that could definitely become a permanent fourth stance with its own unique abilities and a different play style - maybe one that even prioritizes use of polearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    I don't think you should make talents that only cater to one spec or that negates the reason for choosing a talent. Might as well have a level 100 ability.

That said I like this ability. What might make it interesting is to have a short cooldown like 30s or so and have it channeled consuming rage fast. Something like consuming 25 rage a second until rage is depleted. What do you think about 30% reduced damage while channeling and 20% reduced damage to those behind the warrior?
    I don't know, if all 3 talents were group-oriented (like my Hellscream) then it would be the choice of how you want to best benefit your mates/yourself. A DPS warrior could easily take a talent that lets him shield wall the whole raid for a few seconds, or your arena mate(s). The only problem would be coming up with a way to make the other talents also interesting and useful without being DPS gains or every fury and arms warrior would feel pigeonholed into picking the DPS boosting ones.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing it as an ability, even if protection-only, either. I would love an ability like this, it would make you feel more responsible for the protection of your group.