[Restoration] Feedback on my gear, gems and reforging.

Hey guys,

recently my guild went into a more semi-hardcore state of raiding and since my job is to keep everyone alive during raid encounters I want to make the best out of my gear so I can actually keep everyone alive.

Maybe some of you guys that've got the maximum out of their gear could give me some advice, because I'm sure there are some flaws in my way of gemming and reforging my gear.

This is my armory-link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...klune/advanced

Thanks in advance,

Ranklune

Hi, couple things i noticed off by hand were the 8k haste is useless. Better 3k break point if u cant reach the 13k breakpoint and go full mastery. and healing touch glyph? id say wild growth glyph.

- Your reforging needs work. You should be at either 3043 haste or 13163 haste. You should probably be aiming for 3k at this point.
    - Get a proper second healing trinket to go with your SPA trinket. The timeless one is okay. Even the 496 version would be preferable.
    - Get rid of the Healing Touch glyph. You shouldn't be casting Healing Touch that often even with 2T16.
    - Replace it with a Glyph of Wild Growth. It's useful regardless of raid size as it saves you GCDs and mana while also improving your burst AoE healing slightly.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Hey guys, thanks for replying. I've been regemming and reforging all the haste away, though, I'm still sitting on 4342 haste which is 1299 haste above the 3043 haste cap. Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranklune View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for replying. I've been regemming and reforging all the haste away, though, I'm still sitting on 4342 haste which is 1299 haste above the 3043 haste cap. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure you are geared enough to go for the 13k without missing too much spirit or socket bonuses
    askmrrobot.com go here and set the haste cap to 13163 and then hit optimize
    that should be fine
    Also I suggest Glyph of Efflorescense and maybe glyph of rejuv if you're using nourish as a filler(glyph of wg should do just fine ...even better if you're raiding 25m)

PS:It's very important to optimize your spirit the best you can

Reforge the Haste off your cloak to Crit.

-First thing you are going to want to do is figure out how much spirit you need. A good fight to gauge this on is Thok or Norushen. If you can complete these fights without running out of mana early, you are at a good spot. From personal experience, 15k spirit (static) was the sweet spot for me in normal, and 16k (static) was the sweet spot once we started doing heroics. I use these since we 2 heal all of the fights on normal, and are just beginning heroics but because of our comp will likely 2 heal the first few fights as well. If you 3 heal, you will likely not need as much. I am going to assume you are going to add more spirit since you are going to be progressing heroics - so for the following I am capping your spirit at 15,000 (static) according to the character sheet. Keep in mind, the instant you lose the SPA trinket - you are going to be hurting for that 10% extra mana every 3 minutes, so that 15k+ spirit is going to be something you should be looking forward to.

-As for the haste breakpoint, I don't see the issue in going with the 6652 haste breakpoint. If you cannot get rid of the excess haste, hit the closest breakpoint you can. For you thats going to be 6652.

-For the 13k Haste breakpoint the above posters are telling you to go for, you don't have enough haste gear to get this breakpoint without nerfing your heals into the ground. With your current gear, you will lose 18% mastery to gain 22% haste and only gain 1 more WG tick then you would have at the 6652 breakpoint. To hit the 6652 breakpoint, you will only lose 8% mastery, and gain 2 additional ticks to WG (over the 3043 breakpoint). Until you get the Purified trinket off Sha or get to a point to where you still have 30%+ buffed mastery the 13k haste cap isn't going to be worth it. Keep in mind, the trinket increases your gears haste, mastery, AND spirit by about 7%. This simplifies the gemming and reforging you have to do since without it you would have to reforge out of way too much mastery and spirit to hit the 13k haste breakpoint.

-You have 3 pieces of t16, and 1 piece of t15. If you don't have a 4th piece for your t16, drop an off piece and add a t15 piece. That efflo set bonus is huge on the t15 and you should keep it as long as your gear allows (until you can get the t16 4p).

Hey Whydrood,

Thanks for taking the time to look into my character, it's highly appreciated. I'll be on it right now and hit that 6652 haste breakpoint.
    Should I be adding int + spirit gems to reach that 15k spirit point you've been pointing out?

Thanks again,

Ranklune
    Last edited by Ranklune; 2013-11-17 at 10:45 AM.

Ranklune, basically just use AMR for gems and reforges you could do it manually, but there really isn't any point to doing it manually because AMR can usually get you within a point or 2 of the cap values you choose so you don't waste stat budget that could go into mastery or crit.

1. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/neptulon/Ranklune <-- click there
    2. Edit Weights
    3. Under "Haste Soft Cap" choose "Change Softcap"
    4. Click the 6652 cap.
    5. Under Spirit, type in 15000 - and check "Static Spirit".

Save then click Optimize. You should see what changes need to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranklune View Post
    It's fine. You can't always reforge perfectly. Just go with the best that's possible with the gear you actually have. If that lands you a bit over 3k haste then so be it. While not perfect, it's the best solution currently possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    -As for the haste breakpoint, I don't see the issue in going with the 6652 haste breakpoint. If you cannot get rid of the excess haste, hit the closest breakpoint you can. For you thats going to be 6652.
    If you're at 4300 haste, 6652 is not the closest breakpoint in any sense of the word. The solution to "1300 of my states are largely wasted" is not "I should waste another 2300". It doesn't add much anyway, especially not with SotF.

I disagree completely. Yeah if you are reforged and gemmed INTO haste, then you can lose 1300 haste without much in the way of lost stats. However if you have reforged and gemmed out of all of the haste that you can and still are 1300 above the cap, then yes, hitting the next beneficial cap is the next logical solution. At 6652 you gain 2 additional ticks to your 2nd and 3rd highest healing spells and adds an additional tick to LB. Saying that it doesn't add much is foolish, and just plain wrong.

Here is a breakdown of what you get with 6652:
    3 additional LB ticks (21 with SoTF)
    2 additional WG/Efflo ticks (10 with SoTF)
    6 additional ticks of Rejuv with SoTF

That might not seem like much, but when the 3 top healing spells get that much of a boost - its worth losing a bit of mastery. Especially in a 10 man setting. For 25 man not nearly as beneficial, but still worth getting.

I disagree completely. Yeah if you are reforged and gemmed INTO haste, then you can lose 1300 haste without much in the way of lost stats. However if you have reforged and gemmed out of all of the haste that you can and still are 1300 above the cap, then yes, hitting the next beneficial cap is the next logical solution. At 6652 you gain 2 additional ticks to your 2nd and 3rd highest healing spells and adds an additional tick to LB. Saying that it doesn't add much is foolish, and just plain wrong.

That might not seem like much, but when the 3 top healing spells get that much of a boost - its worth losing a bit of mastery. Especially in a 10 man setting. For 25 man not nearly as beneficial, but still worth getting.
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Reforge the Haste off your cloak as I said and sit at 3.9K haste. This 6652 haste cap is the most retarded cap to grace the resto druid community. The only reason there is a figure to represent this is if you are in that very rare situation where you have like 6.4K haste and cant get lower, but still cannot go for the higher breakpoint; then you should reforge to gain that 200 extra haste.

In your case sit at 3.9K haste get a comfortable amount of spirit and then go full mastery.

As you always keep Lb and Efflo up so they scale directly with haste and they don't really have a breakpoint.
    And I'm quite sure that SotF makes the breakpoint less attractive as the whole point of going 6652 is to get an extra tick for WG.
    SotF increase the number of "base" ticks and thus makes the extra ticks less useful.

And the 6652 only give you 1 extra ticks for WG (SotF or not) and one extra tick for SofT buffed rejuv.
    So no it doesn't add much.

Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    And the 6652 only give you 1 extra ticks for WG (SotF or not) and one extra tick for SofT buffed rejuv.
    So no it doesn't add much.
    I am not going to continue this in this thread - as the Resto guide has the same discussion going on, and any posts here are just going to further confuse the OP. You can view my reply to your post in the resto guide.

Just to point it out, this is completey wrong.
    You need to compare this to what you get at the 3k breakpoint, and what you really gain is:
    * Slightly increased LB and Efflo tick speed (no breakpoints here)
    * 1 additional WG tick (with and w/o SotF)
    * (1 additional Rejuv tick with SotF only)

This extremely little gain for your haste, and should only be persued when you are really close to it and cannot lose more haste. 4300 is not really close.

SotF makes this breakpoint even less attractive, as the gain of an additional tick on a SotF-WG is very small (from 16 to 17 ticks, like +6%, but the absolute value remains the same) and you would only need 5.2k haste for that breakpoint (which is not worth it either).

I disagree completely. Yeah if you are reforged and gemmed INTO haste, then you can lose 1300 haste without much in the way of lost stats. However if you have reforged and gemmed out of all of the haste that you can and still are 1300 above the cap, then yes, hitting the next beneficial cap is the next logical solution.
    And my point is that it's not a logical solution. If you bought something that turned out to be a waste of money, you don't mitigate that loss by buying more useless stuff. You mitigate it by cutting your losses and doing the best with the situation you're in. Yes, sitting at 1300 haste above the cap is sub-optimal. No, you don't fix that by getting more haste. You "fix" that by accepting that your situation doesn't allow you to hit any perfect breakpoint and simply reforge to get as close as you can. You're virtually always going to be at least a few points of haste above whatever breakpoint you're going for.

At 6652 you gain 2 additional ticks to your 2nd and 3rd highest healing spells and adds an additional tick to LB. Saying that it doesn't add much is foolish, and just plain wrong.
    You lose healing done on your #1 highest healing spell, though. The additional tick to LB is also debatable, since it's kept rolling anyway. Yes, haste will make it heal for more, but it will do so continuously without regard for breakpoints. The question is not whether 6.6k haste is good or not - it's obviously better than 4k haste if you don't have to give up anything to get it - but whether 6.6k haste is better than 4k haste and 2.6k mastery. In this case, the mastery wins.