Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD: how about squishing repair costs

Spent in excess of 1000g a day or more for repairs on Timeless Isle elites --- about $175-$200 a pop.
    Had not noticed before but is this the new normal or just for Timeless?

Update: I spent one solid week killing the elites on Timeless Isle with the other players, wondering why I kept getting repair bills higher and higher. I expected it when I fell off the ropes getting the rope treasures, but not the fights.
    Last edited by Dooney; 2013-11-17 at 07:31 PM.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what you're doing to get repairs that bad, I don't even spend that much on progression nights....

Arent they removing durability next expac? So repair costs goes away right?

maybe you should l2p and you wont get such high repair bills. if you die on every single pull you're doing something wrong you know.

Sounds like your pulling a lot more than you can handle if your dying that much to incur 1000+ in repair costs. I really don't see their being a need to tone down the costs of repair, there needs to be a penalty to dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plate wearer - melee - you know we get hit, lol. Killing the isle elites over and over again, fell off a few cliffs getting those treasure chests and died.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Deleted
    you must do somthing seriously wrong mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    only if you get an item with a tertiary stat for it. that's like low chance of low chance on a rng drop

10+ Year Old Account
    Not dungeons or raids, killing elites on Timeless Isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Sounds like your pulling a lot more than you can handle if your dying that much to incur 1000+ in repair costs. I really don't see their being a need to tone down the costs of repair, there needs to be a penalty to dying.

you must simply be dying a whole lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Spent in excess of 1000g a day or more for repairs on Timeless Isle elites --- about $175-$200 a pop.
    Had not noticed before but is this the new normal or just for Timeless?

You say you're spending 1000g a day on the timeless isle, but how much are you making in gold? It sounds like you spend quite a bit of time there. If you can't make more than 1000g to break even on your repair bills, then you're doing something wrong.

Repairs are working as intended. There has to be money taken out of the game somewhere. Gold sinks can't just be the Black Market AH and expensive Yak's. If I spend hours on the timeless isle, even with a 1000g repair bill, I'm still going to make money.

Golgannar and Cinderfall you are almost guaranteed to die as melee if youre in the fray. Huolon can one shot you as well but thats easily avoidable. Burning pitch from the ship can tick you down quickly. Arch is a deathfest for everyone involved. So yeah death is quite common on the isle, and skill doesn't really buffer that too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Fingers crossed Hope you are right!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am making more than enough gold, my coffers are full. Just wondering if anyone else had excessive repair bills on Timeless especially since all indications is that WoD will include more encounters like those when not questing, etc. per Blizz. (Plus I am cheap as heck.}
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You say you're spending 1000g a day on the timeless isle, but how much are you making in gold? It sounds like you spend quite a bit of time there. If you can't make more than 1000g to break even on your repair bills, then you're doing something wrong.

Repairs are working as intended. There has to be money taken out of the game somewhere. If I spend hours on the timeless isle, even with a 1000g repair bill, I'm still going to make money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Golgannar and Cinderfall you are almost guaranteed to die as melee if youre in the fray. Huolon can one shot you as well but thats easily avoidable. Burning pitch from the ship can tick you down quickly. Arch is a deathfest for everyone involved. So yeah death is quite common on the isle, and skill doesn't really buffer that too much.
    Cinderfall is easy to stay alive as melee.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

I am making more than enough gold, my coffers are full. Just wondering if anyone else had excessive repair bills on Timeless especially since all indications is that WoD will include more encounters like those when not questing, etc. per Blizz. (Plus I am cheap as heck.}
    I don't think durability differs on the Timeless Isle than anywhere else in the game. You get hit or you die, you take a loss. The guild perk helps to reduce the loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    As melee you hate to stand back and not do your fair share of the fight, but dying is just part of my character design in close fights. Cinderfall i just run in and hit, expecting to die twice each time.

10+ Year Old Account
    As melee you hate to stand back and not do your fair share of the fight, but dying is just part of my character design in close fights. Cinderfall i just run in and hit, expecting to die twice each time.
    Try running back out of the very predictable ground aoe.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Cinderfall is easy to stay alive as melee.
    Yeah if you stay back and do anything ranged, or lucky enough to have his focus the other way, but when he does his full circle aoe there is not enough time to get completely out of it. Not to mention, you rarely are there for the pull so just riding onto the bridge can get you in one of his blasts.

The way durability works is very simple.

Each point of durability has a "number" so, that if you get hit say, 50 times by any attack, you will lose 1 durability on a piece or pieces.... The more monsters you're tanking at once, the faster it drops, rogues repair their weapons more often than any other class due to their attack speed.

Numbers stated in this are just examples and do not reflect the real values or how it divides durability loss between pieces.