Deleted

spilled soda over my keyboard: how to clean it out?

I got a G110 keyboard and I accidentally spilt some Ice tea over it. it still works, but some of the keys are somewhat stubborn now. what's the best way to clean my keyboard? will I have to take it apart?

Deleted
    If you feel brave, disassemble it and wash the cover, keys and the rubber membrane mat.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not mechanical throw it and buy a mechanical one.

If it is mechanical strip it down to just the board wash down then leave to dry for a day or two on radiator then reassemble it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    If it's not mechanical throw it and buy a mechanical one.

If it is mechanical strip it down to just the board wash down then leave to dry for a day or two on radiator then reassemble it.
    Nice reading skills.Also nice job making it clear you have a hard on for mechanical keyboards. I'm sure you own some stuff that I think is a waste of money.Anyway be carefull putting it in the dishwasher. I did that once and it made it worse.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    i spilled tea with honey over my razor widdow ultimate,i cleaned it but still some keys feel sticky and if i press them i get ggggg and etc any advice on how to clean it better ?

Wash it in plenty of distilled water, and then let it dry for at least a week. If it is really sticky, you can use pure ethanol, but that can damage the plastics and rubber parts of the keyboard so only do that after making sure that it won't have any adverse effects.

Deleted
    Put it in the dishwasher and if it is still damp microwave it for 30 mins, if the keys still stick you can back your car over it to loosen them.

(not the best place to ask, might be a guide on youtube)

Last edited by mmocd7c2c6f77d; 2013-11-17 at 09:39 PM.

To make sure, Pryre is not telling you to put the keyboard in the dishwasher. Unless you want to put it completely beyond repair.

Deleted
    any tips on my problem guys?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Wash it in plenty of distilled water, and then let it dry for at least a week. If it is really sticky, you can use pure ethanol, but that can damage the plastics and rubber parts of the keyboard so only do that after making sure that it won't have any adverse effects.
    100% unnecessary, just remove the electric components from it.

Deleted
    no1 here that can give me a sollution on my keyboard spill problem? i spilled tea with honey over it and cleaned it already but the keys are still stickyish and giving me gggggggg when i press them,any advice?

- - - Updated - - -

i spilled tea with honey over my razor widdow ultimate,i cleaned it but still some keys feel sticky and if i press them i get ggggg and etc any advice on how to clean it better ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Nice reading skills.Also nice job making it clear you have a hard on for mechanical keyboards. I'm sure you own some stuff that I think is a waste of money.Anyway be carefull putting it in the dishwasher. I did that once and it made it worse.
    Ya think!?

Deleted
    bump still need help with my issue

s'fucked bro, buy a new one. If it was water, you'd have a chance but the fact that soda is quite acidic really screws with the circuitry.

A friend of mine always just put it in the dishwasher, and let it dry for a long time afterwards. I wouldn't dare do it myself, but it clearly have worked well for him.
    Only time he fucked up was when he took the keys off, and tried to clean them in hot water, and forgot them, boiling them for hours. They shrunk from that <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    well i dindt spill soda over my keyboard but tea with honey in it so it got sticky (i cleaned it already for what i could see) but the keys are still sticky how to fix it ?

Wash it with water, tap is fine if you your H2O is good.

Let it dry out completely, couple days to a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Wash it with water, tap is fine if you your H2O is good.

Let it dry out completely, couple days to a week.
    Or disassemble it, wash and dry parts individually and it won't even take a day.

Deleted
    and that will work on a mechanical keyboard? its the razer black widow ultimate