Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    So next expansion, or the one after that he'll become the true warchief?
    Well, probably the last patch or two of WoD. But I really don't see why that's necessarily such a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Rexxar dislikes civilisation and prefers wandering about in the wild. He's not even an official member of the Horde. Lor'themar should have been Warchief.
    Now I don't like vol'jin but I do think he's a better fit than some pansy elf. That would really get the warlords in draenor rolling in the ground laughing their ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    At the very least our Warchief should wear shoes...
    You would think.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What aspect of Garrosh was hesitant in the slightest?
    Garrosh Hellscream says: I am honored, warchief. But I feel unprepared for the life of a ruler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Now I don't like vol'jin but I do think he's a better fit than some pansy elf. That would really get the warlords in draenor rolling in the ground laughing their ass off.
    Since when have we been judging the value of our WC by whether or not the Warlords would approve?

I think it's quite sad that arguments against non-orc Warchiefs are little more than "primitive troll" or "pansy Belf" or whatever else. Lor'themar is a savvy politician, a good tactician and would be talented in promoting diplomacy with the Alliance. He also would have been an infinitely more interesting and daring choice for Warchief from a narrative perspective than Vol'jin (or an Orc) is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukiatsuruko View Post
    I think it's rather sad. Thrall would be disgusted to see that attitude. He himself stated the Horde is family and that Orcs and Trolls have a shared history on Kalimdor. Vol'jin is the reason our Horde exists.
    What have the Trolls ever done but leech off of Orcs? They're kinda like parasites. Best example is Vol'jin claiming the Northrend victory without even participating in that war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mighty? LOL. The dude isn't even sure he can do the roll.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Although its reached a point that this particular subject has become the dead horse and beating it is just showing a further degrading aspect of the culture, I will add some observation, based on last years mr warchief January.

The only reason people would like vol'jin, is because of one reason.
    Its not because he's a good character, he really isn't, he's done nothing remotely special in comparison to other leaders (minus baine).
    Its not because he represents the horde as a whole, he's shown how he doesn't, and only focused on his single minded pursuit of garrosh.
    Its not even that he's got any kind of personality, reading shadows of the horde, it feels like he's a copy and paste version of other characters I've read a dozen times before.

The reason he's suddenly become popular with people, is because these people, are latching on to the status quo. They don't care anything about vol'jin as a character, infact I guarantee over half the people saying they like him, couldn't even be bothered to read his novel. They like him purely because he's shaking up the status quo, because he's the new shoes the kids want, and because its something 'different', it must be good, like all kids like.

And this, is exactly how garrosh got to where he is, because well anyone with common sense saw the kind of character he was, all the others jumped up and down saying how great garrosh was, because he was new, because he changed the status quo of the story.

honestly, this horse has been beaten enough. You people just prove how easy you are to string up.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-11-17 at 11:34 PM.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares, Vol'jin is just an NPC on a throne, because throne looks awkward without someone sitting on it mightily. In the meantime, we'll all follow Thrall our lord and master, on another adventure.

I hope that sounded sour enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    infact I guarantee over half the people saying they like him, couldn't even be bothered to read his novel.
    The novel was terrible. They didn't miss out on anything. It was more about the shado-pan then it was about him. In fact "shadow of the horde" should not have even been the name since it has ZERO horde things in it. Vol'jin was more part of the shado-pan then the horde for the whole novel.
    Aye mate

Think warcraft 3:TFT orc campaign. "Hmm, we've got nothing for you just now, here's a little side story for you while the alliance races do the main plot"
    WOD:
    -Alliance first quest: Go through the dark portal and break the iron horde siege of the draenei city.
    - Horde first quest: Grab a broom and help Voljin clean up Orgrimmar.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Although its reached a point that this particular subject has become the dead horse and beating it is just showing a further degrading aspect of the culture, I will add some observation, based on last years mr warchief January.

Its not because he's a good character, he really isn't, he's done nothing remotely special in comparison to other leaders (minus baine).
    Its not because he represents the horde as a whole, he's shown how he doesn't, and only focused on his single minded pursuit of garrosh.
    Its not even that he's got any kind of personality, reading shadows of the horde, it feels like he's a copy and paste version of other characters I've read a dozen times before.

The reason he's suddenly become popular with people, is because these people, are latching on to the status quo. They don't care anything about vol'jin as a character, infact I guarantee over half the people saying they like him, couldn't even be bothered to read his novel. They like him purely because he's shaking up the status quo, because he's the new shoes the kids want, and because its something 'different', it must be good, like all kids like.

And this, is exactly how garrosh got to where he is, because well anyone with common sense saw the kind of character he was, all the others jumped up and down saying how great garrosh was, because he was new, because he changed the status quo of the story.

honestly, this horse has been beaten enough. You people just prove how easy you are to string up.
    Or you're just pissed you ain't got your Thrall back on throne. Which, as we all know it, is the most likely reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Or you're just pissed you ain't got your Thrall back on throne. Which, as we all know it, is the most likely reason.
    In the 2 years Trassk has been here I could never work out what side his on. He seems to love every character then managers to hate them all at the same time.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

You elaborated a pretty cool story in your head, too bad that will remain in your head alone.

Anyway, since we have very little bits of WoD's lore and ofcourse all of this lore regards uniquely Draenor and the stuff on it (the only exceptions? The fact that Thrall and Maraad lead the "suicide mission", both going for obvious reasons) so it's nothing but normal that anything else regarding the lore is not shown yet.

Plus, Vol'jin is the leader of the Horde now, and one of the reasons for which Thrall can so freely accompain the players in the death-for-almost-sure mission is excatly because he's not the Warchief, but just a dude in the Horde, maybe just the orc leader (still Metzen didn't undeniably confirmed it yet) so I guess he have no other "pressing businesses" other than, y'know, go to a past version of the homeland of his own race, with all the past versions of his people alive like Grom (best friend/almost-brother) Doomhammer (mentor) and Durotan (father) plus Draka, Geyah and so on.

So, well, until new informations arrive this is a pretty pointless thread made for the love of complaining on nothing, since we never had the leaders on the frontline of a conflict in past expansions, especially in the first patch and especially if the leader in question is the leader of the whole faction. I mean, I didn't hear of Varian joining the draenei vindicator in the "suicide mission", we should start a thread about it aswell, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The novel was terrible. They didn't miss out on anything. It was more about the shado-pan then it was about him. In fact "shadow of the horde" should not have even been the name since it has ZERO horde things in it. Vol'jin was more part of the shado-pan then the horde for the whole novel.
    and what does that tell you?
    It means Vol'jin, literally, had nothing going for him as a character. A writers couldn't even make a compelling story out of him.

And Zulkhan, I understand you have a big raging one for vol'jin and trolls in general, but even you must have the sense to see how unforfilling a character he is. Even Zul'jin has more life in his story, and he's been dead since tbc.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Armodullahan View Post
    I don't know about this, but, Vol'jin hates Garrosh more than we do, and I think Vol'jin will finally kill Garrosh in this expansion haha
    Same, Vol'jin still has his promise to Garrosh to fulfill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, heres an interesting thought, if you, instead of being the short sighted yuts, decided to read most of my posts, you'd understand this is about more then just Thrall, this is about orcs in general, and how they have been made into bad guys, there story undermined by the writers, all to scratch the backs of whining alliance kids, and even knock there place from the hordes standing.
    You honestly think if Saurfang was made warchief, I wouldn't feel content in knowing a decent orc had the horde in charge. Really, its about time someone popped your bubble.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares, Vol'jin is just an NPC on a throne, because throne looks awkward without someone sitting on it mightily. In the meantime, we'll all follow Thrall our lord and master, on another adventure.

I hope that sounded sour enough.
    I do love how you hang around threads about a subject to neither give a shit about, for a game you don't even play anymore.

you must have such a fulfilling life, one that even after you quit wow, you couldn't find any other game to saturate your witty repartee with.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    They need Vol'jin to work with Varian to defend the portal if Garrosh and his bannerman succeed in gathering armies and opening the portal to Azeroth. That's how I see it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What aspect of Garrosh was hesitant in the slightest?
    He told Thrall that he didnt think he was ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    also the fact Garrosh, Thrall, Eitrigg and even Saurfang, has spent more time interacting with humans, the fundemental basis of warcrafts lore between these characters, where as vol'jin has had zero, sod all interaction with them, it just makes vol'jin seem like one of these 'what if' bullshit things kosak wanted to try out. Fuck lore consistency, lets try shaking the snow globe violently like a five year old.

Edit: I correct one part, the novel shadows of the horde force hammered in a completely superfluous human character, as the devs way of saying 'see, vol'jin has interact with humans!'. But unless you read the novel, and frankly.. I can't even remember the characters bloody name, it doesn't make for the same kind of interaction you have ones like Thrall to Varian, Eitrigg to Tirion, Jaina to Garrosh.

Indeed, vol'jin has become a completely superfluous character himself, notice how right after he becomes warchief, instead of having any focus at all on what he's doing, it goes right to WoD, and Thrall. What does this say about vol'jins importance to the story?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-11-18 at 03:40 AM.
    #boycottchina

also the fact Garrosh, Thrall, Eitrigg and even Saurfang, has spent more time interacting with humans, the fundemental basis of warcrafts lore between these characters, where as vol'jin has had zero, sod all interaction with them, it just makes vol'jin seem like one of these 'what if' bullshit things kosak wanted to try out. Fuck lore consistency, lets try shaking the snow globe violently like a five year old.

Edit: I correct one part, the novel shadows of the horde force hammered in a completely superfluous human character, as the devs way of saying 'see, vol'jin has interact with humans!'. But unless you read the novel, and frankly.. I can't even remember the characters bloody name, it doesn't make for the same kind of interaction you have ones like Thrall to Varian, Eitrigg to Tirion, Jaina to Garrosh.

Indeed, vol'jin has become a completely superfluous character himself, notice how right after he becomes warchief, instead of having any focus at all on what he's doing, it goes right to WoD, and Thrall. What does this say about vol'jins importance to the story?
    Vol'jin DOES in fact have a good personality and has the potential to be an amazing character. He already has a solid background and is for the most party, a slightly ordained rock that paint can be splashed upon. Also, don't demonize alliance players, makes you sound like an idiot.